• 801 posts

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Latok wrote:1) There are no Kazon specific rules. They do have different attack restrictions to most, they can attack their own affiliation like Klingon and Non-Aligned can, that is as special as they get rules wise.

2) Yes.

Kazon aren't very good, Medical Crisis is a strong dilemma that hits Kazon even harder if you have a problem with them. Only the Kazon Voyager has transporters so that can be a hindrance to play around, when you're moving personnel around, attempting planet missions, etc.
Ok thanks for the fast help. I put my question in the right place for you.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
All Majes are Officer. Use marquis vendetta, crippling injury, punishment box, and quantum leap to get rid of them. Half the Olga are officer, so a similar set up will winnow that a bit as well. medical crisis, hippocratic, and Male's Love Interest & Plague Ship should cap the other mission for you fine.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Omega Particle

does the span increase on this work more than once?

example:

Span is 5 on a mission. i play Omega, it blows up outpost. Span is 8. I build second outpost, play another omega, it blows up, span is 11?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Takket wrote:Omega Particle

example:

Span is 5 on a mission. i play Omega, it blows up outpost. Span is 8. I build second outpost, play another omega, it blows up, span is 11?
Nope, it's not cumulative, so two copies can't simultaneously have the same effect.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?cardID=5000

Does UFP one small step work for any [1E-AU] and same afflication in the game?

Just checking since new set didn't do alot for mirror universe. I was thinking about seeding 22 century japan time location and monitor population mission. I can hq secure homeworld the mission and download UFP one small step off japan location. 1 extra range to 6 range ships is worth since I have 2 or 3 left over always.

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
All your personnel must be [1E-AU] and Fed, or [1E-AU] and NA or [1E-AU] and Kli.... no mixing is allowed for the first part of the [Inc]

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:

example:

Nope, it's not cumulative, so two copies can't simultaneously have the same effect.
Here's my issue with that....... when Omega "blows up", it goes to the discard pile. It is no longer in play. The mission has span of 8 but nothing played on it to indicate that fact. We must "remember" it is 8 or put a die on it with the number 8.

The cumulative rule specifically mentions multiples of the same card "in play". But my first omega is not in play. it is in the discard pile.

"While you may have multiple copies of a non cumulative card in play, they cannot have the same effect on the same targets at the same time. "

So does the cumulative rule apply to ongoing effects after a card leaves play? I can't really think of a similar situation because most cards remain in play when they have an ongoing effect.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:

example:

Here's my issue with that....... when Omega "blows up", it goes to the discard pile. It is no longer in play. The mission has span of 8 but nothing played on it to indicate that fact. We must "remember" it is 8 or put a die on it with the number 8.

The cumulative rule specifically mentions multiples of the same card "in play". But my first omega is not in play. it is in the discard pile.

"While you may have multiple copies of a non cumulative card in play, they cannot have the same effect on the same targets at the same time. "

So does the cumulative rule apply to ongoing effects after a card leaves play? I can't really think of a similar situation because most cards remain in play when they have an ongoing effect.
Wow I wish I could help but your question sounds more like a magic the gathering question than star trek. Usually once the card is gone then the effect is gone. If you put virus on your ship. I got rid of it. You don't get the remaining countdown of the virus.

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
good that you ask, I also wanted to know the answer a few days ago.
I'm looking forward to the answer

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?mod ... ardID=5506

I got a question about the book

So do they gain the new afflication in addition to non alinged or just the new afflication only?

I was thinking orions and son'a/baku can't do there free play missions. So if you can change them to the mission afflication and keep non alinged that card is awesome. If they just become the new afflication then it is not worth it. Since they can attempt the mission but now they can't fly there for example.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?mod ... ardID=5506

So do they gain the new afflication in addition to non alinged or just the new afflication only?

I was thinking orions and son'a/baku can't do there free play missions. So if you can change them to the mission afflication and keep non alinged that card is awesome. If they just become the new afflication then it is not worth it. Since they can attempt the mission but now they can't fly there for example.
"gain" means you add it. So they would be dual affiliation [NA] + whatever you pick (or three affiliation if they were already dual.... or 4 affiliation if they were Tallera LOL)

"Become" means you replace as in Comfort Women where, for example, Neela no longer has [Baj] and her only affiliaiton is [Car] .

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?mod ... ardID=5506

"gain" means you add it. So they would be dual affiliation [NA] + whatever you pick (or three affiliation if they were already dual.... or 4 affiliation if they were Tallera LOL)

"Become" means you replace as in Comfort Women where, for example, Neela no longer has [Baj] and her only affiliaiton is [Car] .
Ok cool thanks.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
If the 2 planets and 2 space are also in the Neutral Zone then yes, each Patrol Neutral Zone would be worth 60 points.

Depending on your opponent it might be tough to keep all six locations free of enemy ships though...

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]