• 801 posts

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:
Building on the questions I asked a few days ago..... Are Brainwashed personnel discarded by Revenge Is a Dish Best Served Cold? They are not my personnel... they are my opponent's. But then I see "your" in the glossary says personnel you control even if temporarily.......
Weirdly, we just had to ask Rules this question (well, similar) for a card in Delenn.

The answer is, yes, they are all discarded. As soon as you take control of them, they are "your" personnel and "you" have them in play, so they go away at end of turn unless you give them Ceti Eels. Same thing if you're playing Federation Flagship: Relaunched and Brainwash an opponent's Fed personnel.

(Yes, this means your opponent can use The Naked Truth to disable your We're Ready.)

I think the reason Continuing Mission invented the "play or have played" lingo was to get around this gotchya.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Hey, if you put card links in your question about Sybok, etc., I'll answer it in detail at the next baby feeding. Maybe that will sort things out.

I just can't afford to answer questions without card links as much anymore, because it's so much harder to answer questions when you have to fire up the search engine for each card involved.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:Hey, if you put card links in your question about Sybok, etc., I'll answer it in detail at the next baby feeding. Maybe that will sort things out.

I just can't afford to answer questions without card links as much anymore, because it's so much harder to answer questions when you have to fire up the search engine for each card involved.
Done............

Actually I think the easy answer to my issue is just to not use RIADBSC. Wanted to design a deck with (Almost) no personnel. Using no personnel isn't realistic because that leaves me jsut depending on capturing/brainwash so I either need Khan or Sybok to drive a second "wave" of personnel I can control without needing to capture first. RIADBSC would be a major help for scoring by earning a Genesis Device somewhere but I think I'll either go without it or use Sybok instead of Khan.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Cold Station 12:

Seed one at a [STA] [S] mission. Your [Non] cards with "Khan" in title or lore may report here; one may seed here.

Can you use the reporting gametext on this card during the seed phase? I.E.: Seed Khan using the "one may seed here" and then report USS Reliant after downloading it with RIADBSC?
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Takket wrote:Cold Station 12:

Seed one at a [STA] [S] mission. Your [Non] cards with "Khan" in title or lore may report here; one may seed here.

Can you use the reporting gametext on this card during the seed phase? I.E.: Seed Khan using the "one may seed here" and then report USS Reliant after downloading it with RIADBSC?
Yes
 -  
Community Contributor
Takket wrote:Can you use the reporting gametext on this card during the seed phase? I.E.: Seed Khan using the "one may seed here" and then report USS Reliant after downloading it with RIADBSC?
Dan and I actually worked for a large number of hours to find the right wording to allow the Reliant to download there with RIADBSC. Very much intended.

(And yes.)

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
In terms of dilemmas, is there one that allows me to force all my opponents personnel off a ship and render it unstaffed?

EDIT: off the ship and onto a planet :)
 -  
Community Contributor
Takket wrote:I noticed Battle of Sector 001 just says "Weapons" and not "useable weapons", so I could meet the weapons>24 with a bunch of empty ships at the location, right?
:thumbsup:

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:
Takket wrote:Regarding Beware of Q's errata....... what is the difference between reveal and encounter? What did this errata change?
"Reveal" means you get to see the dilemma your opponent will be facing.

"Encounter" meant that you would get to see the dilemma your opponent would face and whether opponent would pass it (and who it would kill and so on and so forth). So you could wait to use BoQ until you knew for certain that your opponent was going to pass (and/or that it wasn't going to kill the people you wanted it to, etc.).

So the new timing was really probably the original intent of BoQ, and gives the BoQ user much less control over the outcome.
In OTF... you may only seed 2 of each dilemma DURING THE SEED PHASE. Does this mean I can still swap out a dilemma with a Q-Flash via BoQ even if it is my third Q-Flash? and may i download a Male's Love Interest with Shore Leave even if I seeded two MLIs in the seed phase? Feezal Phlox really wants to know.
Yes. This is also why Disrupted Continuum is a very powerful card (and why it excludes dual dilemmas).
New question..........

Can I seed shore leave + MLI + FLI at a planet, and downloaded MLI + FLI with shore leave? Thus opponent would encounter two MLIs and two FLIs at the planet. Or does this violate the "can't have have two of the same dilemma at the same mission" rule?

Also does seeding two MLIs and two MLI/Scow combos violate the OTF "max 2 of each dilemma" rule?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Takket wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:
Takket wrote:Regarding Beware of Q's errata....... what is the difference between reveal and encounter? What did this errata change?
"Reveal" means you get to see the dilemma your opponent will be facing.

"Encounter" meant that you would get to see the dilemma your opponent would face and whether opponent would pass it (and who it would kill and so on and so forth). So you could wait to use BoQ until you knew for certain that your opponent was going to pass (and/or that it wasn't going to kill the people you wanted it to, etc.).

So the new timing was really probably the original intent of BoQ, and gives the BoQ user much less control over the outcome.
In OTF... you may only seed 2 of each dilemma DURING THE SEED PHASE. Does this mean I can still swap out a dilemma with a Q-Flash via BoQ even if it is my third Q-Flash? and may i download a Male's Love Interest with Shore Leave even if I seeded two MLIs in the seed phase? Feezal Phlox really wants to know.
Yes. This is also why Disrupted Continuum is a very powerful card (and why it excludes dual dilemmas).
New question..........

Can I seed shore leave + MLI + FLI at a planet, and downloaded MLI + FLI with shore leave? Thus opponent would encounter two MLIs and two FLIs at the planet. Or does this violate the "can't have have two of the same dilemma at the same mission" rule?

Also does seeding two MLIs and two MLI/Scow combos violate the OTF "max 2 of each dilemma" rule?
Can you do this? Yes. Will it have the desired effect? No. The second MLI and FLI are duplicates at the mission and are discarded without effect when encountered.

Try sprinkling in Brief Romance or Parallel Romance for a legal version of the same effect.
 -  
Community Contributor
Takket wrote:Also does seeding two MLIs and two MLI/Scow combos violate the OTF "max 2 of each dilemma" rule?
Glossary - copy wrote:Radioactive Garbage Scow (Premiere)
is a copy of Radioactive Garbage Scow
(Voyager) and of the Radioactive
Garbage Scow half of Female’s Love
Interest & Garbage Scow. You may not
seed more than one of these under one
mission; your Borg could Adapt to any
of them after encountering any version
So, yes, that violates the OTF rule.
 -  
Community Contributor
Correct.

Although space line location includes Bajoran and Barzan wormholes, so I am not sure what you would be doing in a quadrant with only one mission.
2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !