• 801 posts

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Harness Particle 010 requires you to have a staffed Borg cube to complete the probe. According to the site, the Tactical Cube is not classified as a “Borg cube”, but as a “Class 4 Tactical cube”. Is this still a “Borg cube” by virtue of being a cube belonging to the Borg affiliation, or must you specifically use one of the three ships specifically classified as a “Borg cube” (Borg Cube, Queen’s Borg Cube, and Locutus’ Borg Cube)?
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
Glossary p13 wrote:Borg Tactical Cube –
This ship is a “Borg cube” (for cards such as Commandeer Ship or Harness Particle 010) but may not be downloaded by Retask (which downloads the ship named ❖ Borg Cube).
I would have tried the the affilation [Bor] "Borg" and "cube" in name and class, but the glossary already has that entry. What is the Hit on Maximum Firepower?
Last edited by eberlems on Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
If you assimilate a planet and then play resistance is futile on it does become 70 points with harness particle or only 60?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Proconsul Neral wrote:If you assimilate a planet and then play resistance is futile on it does become 70 points with harness particle or only 60?
Short Answer: You get 60. 50 from the (doubled) objective and 10 from RiF.

Longer discussion and links to other discussions arriving at that conclusion are here:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=33123&hilit=Resist ... e&start=15

Of course the popular HP010 trick is to Harness Particle then gank a Homeworld for a total of 110 points, no RiF needed.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
glossary p35 wrote:Harness Particle 010 –
This objective does not work with Service the Collective or Population 9 Billion - All Borg, because it does not target a mission (it targets an Omega Particle). However, because the objective allows scouting of the location, your Borg may acquire any artifact or card seeded like an artifact if the Survey Drone is present when you complete Harness Particle 010.
If Resistance is Futile is played on a [BO] objective that is being doubled by Harness Particle 010, it will add 10 points to the total (not 20). For example, when Resistance is Futile is played on Assimilate Planet doubled by Harness Particle 010, the objective is worth 60 points. The doubling rule does not apply, because the modifications are not simultaneous

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
eberlems wrote:Stop First Contact seems so harmless without the extra glossary entry...
Round 1 last weekend I took my SFC deck up against an unsuspecting TNG Fed Solver. Needless to say he had a bit of a rough go of it. :borg:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
So I checked the glossary and didn’t see an entry for war council. If I have a bunch of maquis treachery guys who have like 6 treachery can I play war council for card draw or do I have to have exactly 4 treachery?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Proconsul Neral wrote:So I checked the glossary and didn’t see an entry for war council. If I have a bunch of maquis treachery guys who have like 6 treachery can I play war council for card draw or do I have to have exactly 4 treachery?
If you have more than four treachery you have four treachery. Just like Sarek can get you past the Diplomacy requirements for Shaka, When the Walls Fell.

The only exception to this is when it calls for an exact number, like with Exact Change, for example.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Proconsul Neral wrote:What happens to a Borg scouting attempt when they hit Buried Alive?

If there's a ship there it continues, otherwise it ends (they aren't stopped) and cannot resume until a ship is there as well, per the dual icon attempting/Scouting rules.

Note that if Buried alive is the last dilemma, scouting is still complete at the end of the turn, even if no ship shows up (protip: don't put Buried Alive last).

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
:thumbsup:
Armus wrote:
Proconsul Neral wrote:What happens to a Borg scouting attempt when they hit Buried Alive?

If there's a ship there it continues, otherwise it ends (they aren't stopped) and cannot resume until a ship is there as well, per the dual icon attempting/Scouting rules.

Note that if Buried alive is the last dilemma, scouting is still complete at the end of the turn, even if no ship shows up (protip: don't put Buried Alive last).
:thumbsup:

By Borg King
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
If an opponent's Dilemma destroys your ship with Mona Lisa on board, does that count as you're opponent being directly responsible for destroying the Artifact?

I'm guessing no as you don't *have* to attempt/scout that mission?

:borg:
HumQ: Pick of the Tribbles

It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through th[…]

I guess we should have done "What can we […]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to another one of my homies, @seve[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35