• 801 posts

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
edgeofhearing wrote:Question on tribble reporting:

The glossary says I may play one tribble per group. Storage Compartment Door says that I can play or discard each of the three cards I drew from its side deck. Does this mean that I can start three new tribbles groups if I drew three 1 or 10 tribbles cards?
Yes. Spamming 1 Tribble stacks all over the space line is a long held (though hardly long loved) Storage Compartment Door strategy.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
edgeofhearing wrote:Question on tribble reporting:

The glossary says I may play one tribble per group. Storage Compartment Door says that I can play or discard each of the three cards I drew from its side deck. Does this mean that I can start three new tribbles groups if I drew three 1 or 10 tribbles cards?
Yes. Spamming 1 Tribble stacks all over the space line is a long held (though hardly long loved) Storage Compartment Door strategy.
Whats the best option to eliminate those 1 stacks for good?
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
Move them...
not the best, but the more you can put them in one place, the more you can avoid them

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
We can always hope that designers start making TAS-based 1E cards and thus can make a [Neu] Glommer personnel card.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Boffo97 wrote:We can always hope that designers start making TAS-based 1E cards and thus can make a [Neu] Glommer personnel card.
They kinda already did:

Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Here's my random rules question of the day. In the glossary, under "report" there's the section below. There's a sentence which starts a new paragraph: "Actions dependent on reporting cannot take place." Is this referring to the previous paragraph? Right now it just sorta seems a weird sentence to have in that paragraph about personas.

By 9of24 (Jeremy Huth)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
It definitely looks out of place there. I would guess is should be part of the previous paragraph, possibly even part of a preceding sentence. I think it is saying that seeded personnel that have actions when they are reported will not have those actions triggered when they are acquired.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
It looks like somebody made a mistake transcribing the Glossary many years ago, before Pfti was even in the job.

This error is in what I believe is the first CC-era Glossary (Glossary 1.9.0, November 2011). But going back even further, to the last Decipher-era Glossary (Glossary 1.8, August 2002), I find this passage:
Personnel seeded under a mission (e.g., with
a Cryosatellite, under Rescue Prisoners,
Mirasta Yale) have already conceptually
reported for duty. Thus, they do not report for
duty when acquired, but simply join your crew
or Away Team (if your opponent seeded them,
you capture them). See personnel – seeded.
Actions dependent on reporting cannot take
place.
So it looks as though 9of24 is exactly right. A paragraph break was inserted in the wrong place during transcription. Given the manual conversion process that occurred to created Glossary 1.9.0, I'm honestly surprised that didn't happen more often.

So, good catch, JeBuS!
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
Spectre9 wrote:So what is the point of Blue Alert ?

Maybe you can avoid Murasaki Effect not sure what else you do?

Seen this card in some decklists and wondering how it is commonly used.
Landed ships can't normally be targeted for battle - landing is one of the best ways to avoid a bloodthirsty opponent. They'd need something like Orbital Bombardment to hit you.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Takket wrote:so......... uh........... since docking pylons doesn't allow reporting, how the heck do i report a ship with 3+ staffing icons in a deck with a Nor??????????? Other than seeding an outpost obviously..........
I always gathered that the answer to that question is that it's a deliberate drawback of a Nor to not be able to report 3+ staffing icon ships to it.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Boffo97 wrote:
Takket wrote:so......... uh........... since docking pylons doesn't allow reporting, how the heck do i report a ship with 3+ staffing icons in a deck with a Nor??????????? Other than seeding an outpost obviously..........
I always gathered that the answer to that question is that it's a deliberate drawback of a Nor to not be able to report 3+ staffing icon ships to it.
Yup. That was the intent. You want runabouts or freighters, no problem. You want real ships, it'll cost you another seed slot.

Stopped personnel can cure. That's the tiny det[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]