This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Dizzle of Borg (Dizzle of Borg)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Hey guys! Sorry I keep asking about cards and rules. The forum is pretty massive, so I wouldnt even know where to start to look for some of this stuff.

So to be sure:

Study Protonebula:
My side: May download One
Opponent's side: May download a [Bor] card.

My opponent CANNOT download One, correct?

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
OK.

I guess what I'm asking is: My opponent doesn't get both abilities right? The main text and the opponent text so that it could be used by borg or normal opponents alike?

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Not to mention the fact that you could not include non- [Bor] affiliation cards in a Borg deck (One is Non-Aligned).

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I was ore getting at, is the card usable by my opponent playing borg (the opp side) or my opponent playing any other faction. I guess i was asking if both ends applied to my opponent and only one to me.

Trust me, I play mostly borg and I would LOVE the opportunity to stock [NA] guys in my deck.... lol

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Dizzle of Borg wrote:I was ore getting at, is the card usable by my opponent playing borg (the opp side) or my opponent playing any other faction. I guess i was asking if both ends applied to my opponent and only one to me.

Trust me, I play mostly borg and I would LOVE the opportunity to stock [NA] guys in my deck.... lol
If you stock Study Protonebula and you run into a Borg-playing opponent, they absolutely can use the text on their side of the mission to download a [BO] Objective. That's the trade-off you make to get access to a very powerful personnel. Of course, if the opponent isn't playing Borg, then there's no trade-off at all, which is most of the time.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I am making a Borg delta quadrant deck. I am considering using Study Protonebula. Unfortunately on my side it allows the download of One, which is non-aligned so I cannot stock it. On the opponent's side is the ability to download a Borg objective, which as I understand the rules I cannot get at (and my opponent cannot use unless he also is playing Borg).
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Marvant Duhon wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:04 pm I am making a Borg delta quadrant deck. I am considering using Study Protonebula. Unfortunately on my side it allows the download of One, which is non-aligned so I cannot stock it. On the opponent's side is the ability to download a Borg objective, which as I understand the rules I cannot get at (and my opponent cannot use unless he also is playing Borg).
Correct. Opponent's-end gametext is usually not very useful. However, if you're ambitious, you can always use Trilithium Weapon.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation