This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I have yet again another dumb 1E question. In the Design Design forum under the thread "Voyager Season 1 Deck" it was suggested to use Admiral J. P. Hanson with his ability to report [Fed] ships to his location. You can report the [1E-DQ] version of U.S.S. Voyager to his location ignoring the quadrant restriction, correct? Then use Full Complement of Shuttles to report [1E-DQ] [Fed] crew? That seems to be a very easy way to get the ship into play. But I wanted to double check.

If this is correct, is there a way for my opponent to disrupt Hanson's ability to screw up an Alpha Quadrant Voyager Deck?
Last edited by Tyberius_Deangelo on Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Pazuzu wrote:That works, but why don't you use the Alpha Quadrant U.S.S. Voyager?
The AQ version of Voyager does work better with Full Complement of Shuttles with its ability. But it does have one less range than the DQ version and the download of Bioneural Gel Pack and Blue Alert might come in handy.

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Actually you don't need him at all and still have the DQ Voyager when you do the '45 Dom Perignon trick.

You need: Outpost with Holodeck Door and Spacedoor + Holoprogram: Noah's Mountain Retreat.

First Turn download Secret Agent Julian Bashir to download '45 Dom Perignon. With Spacedoor download U.S.S. Intrepid and then exchange U.S.S. Intrepid with DQ U.S.S. Voyager.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Pazuzu wrote:Actually you don't need him at all and still have the DQ Voyager when you do the '45 Dom Perignon trick.

You need: Outpost with Holodeck Door and Spacedoor + Holoprogram: Noah's Mountain Retreat.

First Turn download Secret Agent Julian Bashir to download '45 Dom Perignon. With Spacedoor download U.S.S. Intrepid and then exchange U.S.S. Intrepid with DQ U.S.S. Voyager.
What is the seed cost to pull off this combo? Three? 1) Holodeck Door; 2) Spacedoor; 3) Holoprogram: Noah's Mountain Retreat

Isn't it simpler and more seed cost effective to go with the JP Hanson route?

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Tyberius_Deangelo wrote:
Pazuzu wrote:Actually you don't need him at all and still have the DQ Voyager when you do the '45 Dom Perignon trick.

What is the seed cost to pull off this combo? Three? 1) Holodeck Door; 2) Spacedoor; 3) Holoprogram: Noah's Mountain Retreat

Isn't it simpler and more seed cost effective to go with the JP Hanson route?
Yes, he only costs your Defend Homeworld download... But then you have to draw and play your U.S.S. Voyager and, knowing my luck, all copies of it will be in the bottom 10 cards of the deck.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
That is the only downside I see not using the combo Pazuzu recommended. You have to include in your deck a large number of U.S.S. Voyagers to guarantee you draw one early to get your deck going.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Tyberius_Deangelo wrote:
Pazuzu wrote:That works, but why don't you use the Alpha Quadrant U.S.S. Voyager?
The AQ version of Voyager does work better with Full Complement of Shuttles with its ability. But it does have one less range than the DQ version and the download of Bioneural Gel Pack and Blue Alert might come in handy.
Two words: Personna Swap! You can get your downloads and shuttlecraft too!
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
^ That's a fairly big downside in a Full Complement of Shuttles of deck, which already has to do some delicate deck-balancing between personnel, shuttles, and whatever else you want to include in the deck. (Nanoprobes, for instance.)

When I played this deck, I did it with Spacedoor, TMW, Defend Homeworld (triggered by Tribunal of Q's draw function), and Bareil for '45 Dom. I'm not sure it was actually better than the Bashir trick.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Tyberius_Deangelo wrote:I have yet again another dumb 1E question. In the Design Design forum under the thread "Voyager Season 1 Deck" it was suggested to use Admiral J. P. Hanson with his ability to report [Fed] ships to his location. You can report the [1E-DQ] version of U.S.S. Voyager to his location ignoring the quadrant restriction, correct? Then use Full Complement of Shuttles to report [1E-DQ] [Fed] crew? That seems to be a very easy way to get the ship into play. But I wanted to double check.

If this is correct, is there a way for my opponent to disrupt Hanson's ability to screw up an Alpha Quadrant Voyager Deck?
Should work, I know I was the one who suggested it. :D

But why use Full Complement of Shuttles? If you could use Home Away from Home. It seeds and can let a [Stf] personnel report for free, so it's like two for the price of one and doesn't require you to have shuttles in your deck too. Plus this works if JP Hanson does this trick for U.S.S. Equinox or for Defiant.

The only way I know of to stop the ability is to kill Hanson off. But as long as Voyager is in the AQ before that happens then it won't matter.

Kathryn Janeway (Chain of Command) with Engineering Kit and Construct Starship could do it too but that might not be as effective plus both would have to be pulled from somewhere because I don't think it's easy to download either.
Last edited by Slayer07 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hmm that might be true, so that might not work.

But I don't see how Full Complement of Shuttles is going to work well without stocking at least a few otherwise useless Type 9 Shuttlecraft in the deck which clogs up other resources.

I guess that's where persona swapping comes in. It doesn't help Harry Kim or The Doctor though. Everyone else has an AQ persona to work with.

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
What's the overall objective you want to achieve with this? I guess you want to play DQ guys in the Alpha Quadrant. You can do this either as you already did with FCoS, but that limits you to Navigation personnel. Other options include Nanoprobe Resuscitation, Dr. Zimmerman (limited to [Holo] ), [Maq] or [NA] Borg with The One. Another idea is to use Set a Course for Home.
Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]