This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By JoseS1179
 -  
Hey everyone,

I am 100% and absolutely a newbie to this site and the star trek ccg game. I recently inherited some star trek ccg cards from the deicpher days. Among my acquisition I obtained the two player game both versions the klingon and federation sets. I figured this is the best place to start. However, I am more of a visual learner and need to play and make mistakes along the way in order to learn.

Is there anywhere that I can see some live games and talk to some of the pros? I live in New York City and as such I have registered under the Romulus area as shown in the players category.

I appreciate any help that you guys can provide.

Best,

JoseS1179

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Welcome aboard!
The Continuing Committee has a youtube channel with some high-level games. I'm not sure how beginner friendly they are but at least you would have a taste. The "New Player Experience" is being revamped but isn't quite ready yet. Hopefully that will be ready soon for you.

If there aren't any tournaments in the near future you can attend I would say download Lackey. Lots of people are online and you could learn that way. (make sure you have skype or something to chat).

I think BCSWowbagger has some resources? I'll send him a PM so he can chime in when he has time.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Here are some resources: http://ussexcelsior.com/stccg1e/

The rulebook is nice and has some great pictures thanks to Komitidaji. But probably a more useful resource to a visual learner such as yourself are the giant powerpoints listed below that. They are incredibly instructive. The one thing to bear in mind while watching them is that there were some major rule changes in 2010 (shortly after these were released), and these slides don't cover those. Otherwise, though, they're still an extraordinary piece of work.

By LXEBN
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I'm a complete newbie too. Well, maybe a little seasoned now that I took a 100-0 drubbing in my first Lackey game last night. If you can't find anybody local, I'd be happy to walk you through a game in Lackey, bearing in mind that I'm still learning all the rules myself. My Skype name is alexeibien. Shoot me a message if you want to play sometime.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
LXBEN and JoseS1179,
I run the online league and think it would be perfect for the both of you.

I invite you guys to come check it out and earn credit for your online casual games. It’s not dependent on if you win or lose, but how many games you play!

Come and find friends and games!

TK
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
LXEBN wrote:I'm a complete newbie too. Well, maybe a little seasoned now that I took a 100-0 drubbing in my first Lackey game last night. If you can't find anybody local, I'd be happy to walk you through a game in Lackey, bearing in mind that I'm still learning all the rules myself. My Skype name is alexeibien. Shoot me a message if you want to play sometime.
It wasn't so much a drubbing as an extended mutual shutout that ended abruptly...

...after something like 15 turns of play.

MEMO TO FOLKS: Interphasic Plasma Creatures + Maglock is SUUUUPER good against TNG Feds. Although that probably wasn't as bad ss the mission where I lost 35 points to LoP/THTF before hitting Dead End.

By JoseS1179
 -  
Hey guys. First I want to thank you all for the warm welcome. I sure appreciate the links to the different sites and the help you provided. I am looking forward to the online league to gain some experience. Hope to playing with some of you guys online. I came across http://ussexcelsior.com/stccg1e/ upon my searches, I will be sitting down to read it pretty soon. I am interested in looking at youtube channels.

Again thank you all and looking forward to playing this ccg.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
LXEBN wrote:I'm a complete newbie too. Well, maybe a little seasoned now that I took a 100-0 drubbing in my first Lackey game last night. If you can't find anybody local, I'd be happy to walk you through a game in Lackey, bearing in mind that I'm still learning all the rules myself. My Skype name is alexeibien. Shoot me a message if you want to play sometime.
Fear not. Many of us have been "seasoned" by BCS. He got game .. and then some :)

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
JoseS1179 wrote:Hey everyone,

I am 100% and absolutely a newbie to this site and the star trek ccg game. I recently inherited some star trek ccg cards from the deicpher days. Among my acquisition I obtained the two player game both versions the klingon and federation sets. I figured this is the best place to start. However, I am more of a visual learner and need to play and make mistakes along the way in order to learn.

Is there anywhere that I can see some live games and talk to some of the pros? I live in New York City and as such I have registered under the Romulus area as shown in the players category.

I appreciate any help that you guys can provide.

Best,

JoseS1179
Welcome!

There are a few players in the NYC area but they aren't active on the boards. I used to run the NYC tournaments because many things, mainly family deaths (and players moving away), caused me to stop.

If you happen to be on Facebook I can connect you better with those players. Or by direct email. They are also trying to get together in May on a Saturday as a loose meet up to play in NJ.

The Boston area is more active, not that far to travel for tournaments esp due to Greyhound.

If you have any questions let me know. Feel free to PM me. Maybe I can prod my brother to come out of retirement from the game to even try to play.

-  
I'm in New York City and looking to get back into the game after about a decade away from it. Let me know if you're interested in a game or two! Please pass along information about that NJ meeting and / or Facebook group, thank you!

Tim
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
RegentWorf wrote:I'm in New York City and looking to get back into the game after about a decade away from it. Let me know if you're interested in a game or two! Please pass along information about that NJ meeting and / or Facebook group, thank you!

Tim
Welcome back to the game!

TK
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]