This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Why is this still on the ban list? Atmospheric ionization and distortion field got the nerf hammer so that lockout isn't viable anymore. Not to mention that now that scans are in the wild again it would be good to have a gamesmanship counter to them.

By Nava
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
In otf I'd use Preparation instead of a Scan anyways. You trade the one time effect for lower cost and a chance to glance at Space and Planets. Compared to Preparation Scan and Full Planet scan is punished a bit harshly by Scanner Interference. I also remember a discussion once about Scanner Interference and the usage at time locations (which were at that point planet locations only) and I still think that a seed to reduce your opponent to just a few beam downs every other turn can be a problem for those without (m)any ships capable of landing (more or less Vidiians, Hirogen and Klingon) and cause real problems for Halkan Council decks.

But thats just my :twocents:

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
An implied point is that the errata to bring back scanner interference seems pretty obvious and straightforward. Remove the anti scan text then add limiting text to where the AI/DF/PSF can go. (Mission showing a point box that is not a homeworld)

Easy peasy. Make it happen. You're welcome.

Also, I should clarify that I feel that maybe instead of pumping out new expansions with broken cards (wisdom of surak, kir'shara, seek hidden reliquary) maybe 1e design should be more focused on getting what's already broken fixed.

By Nava
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote:An implied point is that the errata to bring back scanner interference seems pretty obvious and straightforward. Remove the anti scan text then add limiting text to where the AI/DF/PSF can go. (Mission showing a point box that is not a homeworld)

Easy peasy. Make it happen. You're welcome.

Also, I should clarify that I feel that maybe instead of pumping out new expansions with broken cards (wisdom of surak, kir'shara, seek hidden reliquary) maybe 1e design should be more focused on getting what's already broken fixed.
You are right about that oc, but I'd rather see the errata team work on things like Organ Theft (to make Vidiians playable in OTF) and the IDIC + other Vulcan stuff :-)
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Oblig. note that 1E design needs more testers.

Errata is slow because there aren't enough testers.

Design occasionally misses broken cards because there aren't enough testers.

Sign up by PM'ing MidnightLich. Groups as small as 2 permitted. Some form of online testing (??) coming soon.

That ship cannot use its transporters, but I think[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

One last check before I enter the event for the 28[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

I thought this was the intended functionality, and[…]

updated with VPs and Errata