This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Ambassador
By Comicbookhero (Michael Moskop)
 - Ambassador
 -  
JeBuS wrote:So I unwittingly used SHR in the DS9 Regional and stole rating points from Moskop.

I hadn't looked at the board in a couple of weeks, so I didn't know about the ban announcement until Mike brought it up in-game. I got home from work last night and netdecked a legal Ferengi deck (in retrospect, MVB's tournie winner). Had it printed overnight at a local FedEx and picked it up on the way to the regional this morning. I just assumed all was legit since the deckbuilder said so.

Mike certainly would have placed higher in the tournament if not for that.

Consider this my public apology. Sorry Mike.
Dude, there is no apology needed at all. You didn't know. We cannot expect every player to read every forum post. The card was not updated in the database so you didn't know it was banned. End of story. That is why as the TD I had to allow it. I cannot in good conscience rule against someone who spent money to have a deck printed based on the website saying it was a legal deck.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Comicbookhero wrote:
JeBuS wrote:So I unwittingly used SHR in the DS9 Regional and stole rating points from Moskop.

I hadn't looked at the board in a couple of weeks, so I didn't know about the ban announcement until Mike brought it up in-game. I got home from work last night and netdecked a legal Ferengi deck (in retrospect, MVB's tournie winner). Had it printed overnight at a local FedEx and picked it up on the way to the regional this morning. I just assumed all was legit since the deckbuilder said so.

Dude, there is no apology needed at all. You didn't know. We cannot expect every player to read every forum post. The card was not updated in the database so you didn't know it was banned. End of story. That is why as the TD I had to allow it. I cannot in good conscience rule against someone who spent money to have a deck printed based on the website saying it was a legal deck.
:thumbsup:

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Imho that was the right td call.

What also needs to be the right call is the online 1e regional needs to have its start date moved back to after the IL regional since its 1st rd wasn't announced until after IL was completed. If Jon wins both, that could create a mild controversy.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Comicbookhero wrote:

You can't trust that deckbuilder. It still says Symbiosis isn't legal in 2E.
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0