This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I always wanted to do a thread like this since Discommendation was announced, and even though it's almost certainly too late to have any input on the set (and the title is no longer as clever thanks to the official name being different), I thought I'd share which cards I'd like to see included and discuss reasons why, and get your discussion too:

Hopefully, I don't get any already converted cards. I'm assuming that unless an image has been changed to a 1E card in the 2E sets under 1E, it's not converted yet. I'm also not constraining myself to the known card number in Metamorphosis, so I might be higher or lower than the set.

PROMO CARDS:

Worf (The Strongest Heart)
Jadzia Dax (The Second Heart)

Neat pictures, and the concept here isn't represented in 1E already. This could be a neat dual personnel.

SECOND EDITION:

Sympathetic Magic: Really unique image I'd like to see stay in the game.
Astrometrics Lab: A big part of late series Voyager.
Etana Jol (Ktarian Operative): Ordinarily, I'm avoiding one episode people who already have a 1E card (or who I don't find personally interesting like the Gatherers, even though I know some disagree), but I always liked this card. Her 1E card is the version Riker thought she was. This version is all business ready to take over the ship (and almost succeeding).
Grathon Tolar (Hologram Forger): Important to his episode and not represented in 1E. Plus, you could do a joke conversion on him that still makes it clear he was originally a 2E card so we could all say "It's a faaaaaaaaaake!"
Nel Apgar (Tempermental Researcher): Another important to an episode guy not in 1E.
Rabal and Serova (Warp Field Theorist): Not the best episode, but they were important to it and not in 1E.
Donatra (Compassionate Patriot): Important character not in 1E.
Hiren (Romulan Praetor): Useful keyword and interesting picture.
U.S.S. Sovereign: A universal ship that can be '45DPed into the Enterprise-E.
Valdore: If we're converting Donatra, she needs her ship.

I'll continue with the other sets later so as to not make one huge megapost no one will read.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
ENERGIZE:

Team of Ambassadors: Either has to be converted or a new card created with the same name as Soval (Pre-Warp Pack) downloads it.
Benjamin Sisko (Man of Resolve): A guy we already have plenty of versions of will need to be special to make my list, and this version of Sisko from "In The Pale Moonlight" qualifies. The only other time we saw Sisko THIS close to the line for the greater good was when he got Eddington to surrender.
Joseph Sisko (Creole Chef): Doesn't exist in 1E. Will be fun to have co-exist with Admiral Cartwright.
Kelly (Relief Tactical Officer): Useful keyword and fun cameo.

CALL TO ARMS:

Set Up: Logical thing for an infiltrator to do, and they need more to do.
Jack (Maladjusted Misfit): Bashir's genetically enhanced friends need a permanent home in 1E. They were in multiple episodes.
Patrick (Idiot Savant): See Jack. Needs a download of "That's a Stupid Question!" (to be designed later of course.)
Sarina Douglas (Cataleptic Conundrum): Should have never been romantically involved with Bashir, but should be a 1E card. (Plus, make a 1E Lauren...)
Alexander Rozhenko (Good Luck Charm): With a different age, affiliation and property logo, definitely different enough from the other Alexanders in 1E.

NECESSARY EVIL:

Broken Captive: More for a capture deck to do.
Dorian Collins (Acting Chief Petty Officer): Gotta have all the Red Squad cadets.
Karen Farris (Rigorous Leader): Red Squad cadet.
Riley Shepard (Confident Cadet): Red Squad cadet.
Seth Matthews (Red Squad Cadet): What the parenthetical note said.
Tim Watters (Valiant Captain): Captain Cadet.
U.S.S. Valiant: Another Defiant class would be great, and the cadets need a ship to mess up in.

TENTH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION:

None. Fortune (Raider for Hire) comes close, but Mercenary Raiders treats the universal Mercenary Ship as the ship used by the Stone of Gol personnel, so it doesn't fit well into 1E.

FRACTURED TIME:

None.

REFLECTIONS 2.0:

Changed History: This one might be better though not as a conversion (as the image is very similar to First Contact's Assimilate Homeworld), but as a new card with the same name.
Odo (Curzon Odo): Since Joran is now confirmed, the zhian'tara folks need a 1E home.

To be continued...

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'm guessing Donatra, Hiren and Valdore will not be in Discommendation. Reason; the end of the movie era brings us full circle to Nemesis and they would be better in there. Yes that means we will be waiting for a while for them though.

So hoping for Man of Resolve conversion.

Alexander doesn't need to be here as a guess, we basically got this confirmed at the start of the WoTC because there were a lot of votes for him and it was decided to ignore those since it was already in the works.

Of course most are hoping for Gatherers and Cadets to be brought in here.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
ARCHIVE/ARCHIVE PORTRAIT:

None. Charvanek is the only non-converted BC card here, but is already covered by Commander Charvanek.

STRANGE NEW WORLDS:

B-4 (Dangerous Simpleton): Might be another one reserved for a movies set, but a major movie character not in 1E.
Varria (Lavishly Rewarded Aide): Major character in her episode not in 1E.

TO BOLDLY GO:

Parallels: Might be a case of rejecting the original text entirely for making something new, but that's a great picture. Could also have a VP with something from the TNG episode "Parallels".
Practice Orbital Maneuvers: If we're bringing in the Cadets, we might as well bring in their mission.
Jean Hejar (Nova Squadron Navigator): TNG needs its own Cadet fun. Maybe a Sito Jaxa persona too and/or a persona of Nick Locarno who's still [Fed]?

DANGEROUS MISSIONS:

Jean-Luc Picard (Captain of the Enterprise): We have Generations versions of a lot of the TNG crew, but not Picard AFAIK. James T. Kirk (Irrational Human Being) is basically already in 1E as James T. Kirk.

CAPTAIN'S LOG:

Jadzia Dax (Defiant Captain): Being a Defiant commander justifies bringing her into 1E proper.
Kenneth Dalby (Insubordinate Crewman): Talking back to Tuvok makes you major enough to deserve a card.
Shran (Reluctant Diplomat): As long as we're sure there'll never be an Andorian affiliation, Shran makes overwhelming sense to convert.
Vosk (Temporal Fanatic): Major figure in a multi part episode.

By RouterPlaner (Sam)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The art on Patrick is wonderful

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I can't imagine Nemesis having a run without B-4 being it, I'd say movie set.

I could see Jean Hazar as well as another Sito Jaxa and Nick Locarno, they'd fit into any cadet theme and there is already a 'cadet' Wesley. Speaking of conversions though I'd like to see the NA training to be a Traveler Wesley as a conversion, and the Traveler himself so he can be generally useful in a deck.

Actually the only Generations version of senior staff members is Will Riker, none of the others. Still I wouldn't mind the conversion.

I want to see Jadzia Dax as Defiant Captain too. Heck I would have pushed for this in WoTC lol.

DQ needs some love. We need to have Dalby, we have the other guy (since we got Chell and Henley already) we need Tal Celes. I'm sure there are quiet a few others. But since I don't think anyone else is part of 2E either those will have to wait until DQ stuff is made, maybe Dalby will end up waiting until then too.

Am I the only one thinking of Unimatrix Zero drones and personnel here?

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
GENESIS:

None. I'd convert the Saavik card if it was Robin Curtis' Saavik so we had both, but it's not. U.S.S. Enterprise (Earth's Savior) would be a neat conversion if it could still be sideways like the 2E card, but that seems unlikely. Pretty much every worthwhile card here has been converted.

THESE ARE THE VOYAGES:

Arena: Too weaksauce with 1E's higher attributes, this is a neat concept. Though it might be tweaked some.
Condition Red: Already confirmed.
Secure Strategic Base: Might have be tweaked, but I'd love having Organia in the game still.
Ambassador Gral: Another important Enterprise recurring character not in 1E proper yet.

IN A MIRROR DARKLY:

Paranoid Escape: The random selection might make it too weak, but this has potential.
Revised Chakotay (Imposturous First Officer): Gimme an R!
Revised Doctor (Mass Murderer): Gimme an E!
Revised Janeway (Cold-Blooded Killer): Gimme a V!
Revised Kim (Interrogator): Gimme an I!
Revised Neelix (Hedgehog Ops Officer): Gimme an S!
Revised Paris (Female Ensign Chaser): Gimme another E!
Revised Seven of Nine (Shock-Trooper): Gimme a D!
Revised Tuvok (Evil Instrument of Destruction): What's that spell? Revised! There might be riots if these guys DIDN'T make it into the set.
U.S.S. Enterprise-D (Battleship): On one hand, it's a neat concept that isn't in the game yet that could help Federation battle decks. On the other, by established naming conventions, it would become U.S.S. Enterprise-Alternate, which is meh.

WHAT YOU LEAVE BEHIND:

Katherine Pulaski (Chief Medical Officer): Several people disagree with me as to the worth (and attractiveness) of the original Katherine Pulaski card from Q Continuum. And it's okay. I can forgive them for being WRONG. ;) This is a much better Pulaski card and should be in 1E.
Leosa (Grifter): Important character in an episode not in 1E. I wonder if she should be NA instead of Ferengi though.
Tuvix (Symbiogenesis): Definitely should be in 1E as he was the name and focal point of an episode. There's room to re-examine how he works though since having him be the combination of any two randos and possibly co-existing with Tuvok and/or Neelix seems wrong. Might see a card type change to a Dilemma, since he certainly was that for Janeway if only a moral one.

VIRTUAL PROMO CARDS:

None. Pretty much everything here that isn't converted already has a perfectly fine 1E card already.

THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY:

Breach Barrier: This is the only current other card in the "Great Barrier Region" other than The Discovery of Sha Ka Ree, so not converting it creates a broken link.

FAVOR THE BOLD:

None.

RAISE THE STAKES:

Kira Nerys (Lela): A zhian'tara related card, and let's face it, with all the Kiras in 2E, at least one had to make it here.

THIS SIDE OF PARADISE:

None. The last 2E set to contain a BC card only contained one such card, and that card has already been converted: Fiona McKenzie.

What I left behind: Upon further thought, I'd say probably the Gatherers will be considered worth of making it, as well as Lenara Kahn (Wormhole Theorist).
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I will say that we thought long and hard about doing Shran in Cold Front. He's a key character (almost a main in my mind), a broken link, and a conversion target, who was [22] and not one of the three main [22] affiliations. Basically tailor-made for a potpourri set like Cold Front.

But we decided against it, because we thought any Shran should come with substantial support for Andorians in general (we didn't rule out the possibility of an Andorian affiliation), and that Shran himself ought to be a key element in that, rather than a one-off. We didn't have space for that, so we pushed Shran to the future. That's why the only Andorian in the set is Lissan, an Aenar (not seen as part of the Andorian government, at least not as of 2154).

Of course, our thinking does not have any binding power on future designers or sets, but at the same time I have to imagine the Metamorphosis design team asked themselves the same questions.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
EHCCGPP wrote: U.S.S. Enterprise-D (Battleship): On one hand, it's a neat concept that isn't in the game yet that could help Federation battle decks. On the other, by established naming conventions, it would become U.S.S. Enterprise-Alternate, which is meh.
I think having a U.S.S. Enterprise-Alternate would be such a cool callback to Star Trek CCG's first expansion set - give Tasha Yar-alternate an origin ship.

(Hell, having a whole "bridge crew"-alternate would be awesome, but I know that's even less likely).
Katherine Pulaski (Chief Medical Officer): Several people disagree with me as to the worth (and attractiveness) of the original Katherine Pulaski card from Q Continuum. And it's okay. I can forgive them for being WRONG. ;)
lol

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Lol at the idea that the designers would do broken captive, set up, arena or changed history. No way that team of speed players is gonna give any good help to us interaction guys.

It's just gonna be a sea of blue cards and things to help speed. Just look at the 22nd century block. They tried to give vulcans interaction and it's garbage b/c none of those guys play interaction.... and oh look, the speed solving ended up broke.

I think it's time 1e design got fresh blood.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Just noticed that EHCGGPP's list has 63 cards on it, so it's reallllly close to the exact size of the set. Could this be the most successful speculative card list ever?

One other little thing I'll throw in. Here are some statistics on how often each 2EBC card has been used in a public deck:

https://www.trekcc.org/2016redesign/cou ... ime=y&sf=n

Some of these cards have been converted since I made the list, but the usage numbers are still up-to-date. I know the Metamorphosis team had this data but I do not know whether they used it.

EDIT: Oh, and here's the companion list for 1E cards: https://www.trekcc.org/2016redesign/cou ... ?alltime=y

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
BCSWowbagger wrote:Just noticed that EHCGGPP's list has 63 cards on it, so it's reallllly close to the exact size of the set. Could this be the most successful speculative card list ever?
That's actually hilarious to me, since I (at least tried to) specifically disclaim in the first post that I was trying for a speculative card list and thus wasn't trying for 63 or even counting them.

So that was complete random chance.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
EHCCGPP wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:Just noticed that EHCGGPP's list has 63 cards on it, so it's reallllly close to the exact size of the set. Could this be the most successful speculative card list ever?
That's actually hilarious to me, since I (at least tried to) specifically disclaim in the first post that I was trying for a speculative card list and thus wasn't trying for 63 or even counting them.

Well, as ML noted, Metamorphosis has cards that aren't conversions.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Hoss-Drone wrote:Lol at the idea that the designers would do broken captive, set up, arena or changed history. No way that team of speed players is gonna give any good help to us interaction guys.

It's just gonna be a sea of blue cards and things to help speed. Just look at the 22nd century block. They tried to give vulcans interaction and it's garbage b/c none of those guys play interaction.... and oh look, the speed solving ended up broke.

I think it's time 1e design got fresh blood.
My [22] Klingons beg to differ! They love a bit of Capture fun! :-)

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
nobthehobbit wrote:
EHCCGPP wrote:

Well, as ML noted, Metamorphosis has cards that aren't conversions.
There'd be room for one on my list if Worf (The Strongest Heart) and Jadzia Dax (The Second Heart) were condensed into a dual personnel... ;)
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]