This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
KazonPADD wrote:
Hoss-Drone wrote:Lol at the idea that the designers would do broken captive, set up, arena or changed history. No way that team of speed players is gonna give any good help to us interaction guys.

It's just gonna be a sea of blue cards and things to help speed. Just look at the 22nd century block. They tried to give vulcans interaction and it's garbage b/c none of those guys play interaction.... and oh look, the speed solving ended up broke.

I think it's time 1e design got fresh blood.
My [22] Klingons beg to differ! They love a bit of Capture fun! :-)
Maybe I should clarify. Interaction that I could take to a major event and feel confident in.

I think it really says something that 22nd century block did not produce an au Borg counterpart for either Starfleet or Vulcan. That's people's exhibit A for the clear design team bias.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote:
KazonPADD wrote:
Hoss-Drone wrote:Lol at the idea that the designers would do broken captive, set up, arena or changed history. No way that team of speed players is gonna give any good help to us interaction guys.

It's just gonna be a sea of blue cards and things to help speed. Just look at the 22nd century block. They tried to give vulcans interaction and it's garbage b/c none of those guys play interaction.... and oh look, the speed solving ended up broke.

I think it's time 1e design got fresh blood.
My [22] Klingons beg to differ! They love a bit of Capture fun! :-)
Maybe I should clarify. Interaction that I could take to a major event and feel confident in.

I think it really says something that 22nd century block did not produce an au Borg counterpart for either Starfleet or Vulcan. That's people's exhibit A for the clear design team bias.
Hmm....

Archer of Borg
Solkar of Borg
Mirror Zefram Cochrane of Borg (can be a counterpart for either Mirror Earth or Mirror Vulcan)

How about the out of the box team looking at Borg work on this concept while they're at it? Just looking at the possible titles makes me think of fun... :shifty: :borg:

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
If Jem'Hadar Strike Force isn't included, I'll lose my shit.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
sexecutioner wrote:If Jem'Hadar Strike Force isn't included, I'll lose my shit.
That's how I feel about Nelvana Trap & Once More Unto the Breach.

I hardly think not getting the AU counterpart is 'clear evidence of bias,' that's pretty hyperbolic man, and I don't think helps your case making such sweeping pronouncements. But I'd be pretty sore if they opted for easier conversions and 1E became less interactive with the loss of 2E cards like those two above. And for what? So we can have another persona of a character for whom there are already multiple? That would irk me. Not sad to see the 2E go in the slightest, but would be sad to lose the opportunities for interaction that those two offer.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:Just noticed that EHCGGPP's list has 63 cards on it, so it's reallllly close to the exact size of the set. Could this be the most successful speculative card list ever?

One other little thing I'll throw in. Here are some statistics on how often each 2EBC card has been used in a public deck:

https://www.trekcc.org/2016redesign/cou ... ime=y&sf=n

Some of these cards have been converted since I made the list, but the usage numbers are still up-to-date. I know the Metamorphosis team had this data but I do not know whether they used it.

EDIT: Oh, and here's the companion list for 1E cards: https://www.trekcc.org/2016redesign/cou ... ?alltime=y
I know that this is the only data available, but I do hope that people keep in mind that this is certainly not comprehensive. I have almost never bothered to go to the trouble of uploading my decklists and surely I'm not alone. So sure, you can get some idea from that, but I hope that it's understood to be merely a *partial* data set.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Cartagia wrote:Facebook has confirmed that we will be getting all four members of the Jack Pack in this set. [emoji106]
Hmm... four? I don't think the post said 4 did it? That would not be entirely accurate...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

By Cartagia
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Maelwys wrote:
Cartagia wrote:Facebook has confirmed that we will be getting all four members of the Jack Pack in this set. [emoji106]
Hmm... four? I don't think the post said 4 did it? That would not be entirely accurate...

That is correct! I was mis-remembering seeing the release date of May 4. That's 7am for ya!
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Maelwys wrote:

Subtle clue is subtle. :p

-crp
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I really like the little boosts Condition Red got. I was always hesitant to use it, even in my Battlestar Enterprise deck, because it turned Oops! into an impassible wall. Now I don't have to worry and I don't have to card-play it!
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hi all,

I just wanted to write a little bit about expectations, especially for Metamorphosis. I've seen several posts in the vein of, "If they don't convert THIS CARD, I'm going to be angry!" I'm going to tell you know: there are a LOT of cards that didn't get converted. Some were tried and didn't work; some were pulled out for future releases. And yes, some were never really attempted.

The thing is, it didn't matter how big Metamorphosis ended up being or how many converted cards were in it; unless we converted every card, someone was going to be disappointed their card didn't make it. The team focused on the biggest requests and making those cards and groups of cards as good as they could be. There was never a way to make this expansion so that everything that everyone wanted would be in it.

It's okay to be disappointed that your favorites didn't make the final product, but I hope you won't turn that disappointment into anger, frustration, and negativity. There's a lot of really cool stuff in Metamorphosis, and we hope you'll find something to enjoy within, even if your favorite cards aren't there.

-crp

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:Hi all,

I just wanted to write a little bit about expectations, especially for Metamorphosis. I've seen several posts in the vein of, "If they don't convert THIS CARD, I'm going to be angry!" I'm going to tell you know: there are a LOT of cards that didn't get converted. Some were tried and didn't work; some were pulled out for future releases. And yes, some were never really attempted.

The thing is, it didn't matter how big Metamorphosis ended up being or how many converted cards were in it; unless we converted every card, someone was going to be disappointed their card didn't make it. The team focused on the biggest requests and making those cards and groups of cards as good as they could be. There was never a way to make this expansion so that everything that everyone wanted would be in it.

It's okay to be disappointed that your favorites didn't make the final product, but I hope you won't turn that disappointment into anger, frustration, and negativity. There's a lot of really cool stuff in Metamorphosis, and we hope you'll find something to enjoy within, even if your favorite cards aren't there.

-crp
That's some good PR, Charlie, but the fact is that a decision was made to get rid of 2ebc cards and that decision was not supported by a large chunk of the community. I'm sure there are valid reasons that not every card is easily or practically convertible, but the people being vocal about specific cards already lost one argument, and the decision to leave out some fan favorites, even for valid reasons, carries the consequence of adding insult to injury to a small, but clearly passionate, minority.

I'm not saying it your decision was wrong (though I was in the camp opposed to the concept of banning the 2ebc cards to begin with), but to expect there to be no fallout, or ask the people getting the double short end of the stick to not be upset about it, doesn't strike me as particularly realistic.

I'm just hoping we don't lose The Legend over this whole affair. The community would be worse off for it.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I am a bit bummed that it's been confirmed that cards were not included due to saving their concepts for future sets.

Basically, that means good card concepts are now being banned from the game for months or even years.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
There is at least one card in this thread that was in the file, fought for, didn't make the cut, and is now in a different file so it can get more direct attention on how to make the mechanic work in 1E. Basically, we figured you'd rather get it right than get it now.

To Armus' point - the problem is that for every card that is a "fan favorite", there's also people who think that card is useless or trash. This would have been a far easier project if everyone agreed on what the "necessary" (or even "good"!) BC cards were!
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]