This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
I've never envisioned TOS Khan persona working with RIADBSC.

However, if you call him Khan Noonien Singh, then all his henchmen have to have that name in their lore with whatever play engine you use. This would, of course, deny any of the TOS Supermen a free play with RIADBSC

The thing with RIADBSC is that it NEEDS to rely on Ceti Eel to cover lack of key skills, that's the thematic fun of it.

Off the top of my head, SECURITY, OFFICER, Stellar Cart, Leadership, Diplomacy, Computer Skill, Transporter Skill are scarce, a lot of these can be gained using Jem'Hadar, or Klingons, who will all be attributes - 3 when they get the Eel slipped into them.

However, The reward for Revenge is amazing, 15 or 30 points per turn for gaining an Artifact (which needs protected)

I have trust in your team to give us some Superhuman fun :)
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Armus wrote:
jjh wrote:Lets have fun.

I want to be forced to quote Khan/Ricardo Montalban to make cards work.
"He tasks me... He tasks me, and I shall have him!"

Or maybe beam him into your opponent's Headquarters:

"Now, you must ASK to remain!"

If opponent does not comply, they must discard all of their females present.... :shifty:
Something like Denimwalk - bonuses for wearing Soft Corinthian Leather?

By OLE_ALE
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Does anybody use Cryosatellite for the personnel? Maybe a SD or incident for it and passengers to seed instead of taking up 5 seed cards. Maybe an objective to allow using Cryosatellite like a dilemma for opponent a la Sleeper Trap/Undetected Beam In/Ferengi Infestation. Botany Bay I suppose qualifies to be a ship, if Phoenix does, but it might be cool to have it as a super-Cryosatellite for my above ideas.

I think TOS Khan would work with Feds unlike the movies version. Give him a name other than Khan so he can't use Revenge. No problem with henchmen especially universals being usable in movies Khan deck though.

Time location objective to save Ceti Alpha VI and preserve Khan's new home? Have a mission that flips on the spaceline if objective is completed in the past to have different requirements or a payoff. Use Colony somehow?

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
Maybe an interrupt, event or incident allowing for [OS] Khan personnel to “come up” with a skill needed by a dilemma would be interesting mechanism because they are supposed to be so-called “Supermen” (of course there would have to be some sort of built-in balance).

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Jono wrote:Maybe an interrupt, event or incident allowing for [OS] Khan personnel to “come up” with a skill needed by a dilemma would be interesting mechanism because they are supposed to be so-called “Supermen” (of course there would have to be some sort of built-in balance).
"Redo" Vulcan Mindmeld

~D

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Let me preface this by saying that I have no real attachment to Khan, so whatever you do will probably be fine.

That said, I am skeptical about [OS] Khan standing on its own. They have what, 12 personnel available? I guess if you have a faction of 12, you might as well have genetically engineered super-humans, but that's still not much to work with. That's the same number as TNG Cardassians, who are not known for their competitiveness. MvB did recently win a tournament with Taken Prisoner, but he paired it with Scientific Diplomacy, so then the question is, what does [OS] Khan get paired with? Why don't we want [CF] and [OS] Khan working together, when the CC has already made cards that encourage [CF] and [22] Khan to work together?

I guess it's interesting to have a choice between Ceti Eel Khan decks and non-Ceti Eel Khan decks, but hopefully that doesn't require stupid name tricks ("No, he's not Khan, he's Khan Noonien Singh.") or lots of text telling me about things I can't do.

If I were to make cards based on that episode I'd probably skip the play engine and just end up with a Sleeper Ship side deck but I've thought about it for maybe 5 minutes so what you have is probably better.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pants o.t. Tal Shiar wrote: That said, I am skeptical about [OS] Khan standing on its own. They have what, 12 personnel available? I guess if you have a faction of 12, you might as well have genetically engineered super-humans, but that's still not much to work with.
So they are Kazon/Vidiians?? Lmao...

~D

Make It So does NOT unstop the crew aboard a shi[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I won't be available Saturday the 27th. Have other[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]