This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Regarding the 'revised' Voyager bridge crew:

"The first two attempts to convert these did not go over well..."

Can you give us more info about this? Just curious.

I don't know how interesting a story it is - it's basically the card design version of "let me tell you about my colonoscopy"...

... not to mention that Charlie had a whole release article on the topic and I wasn't gonna ruin his fun.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
HoodieDM wrote:Why did Sarina Douglas lose her last name? Sarina...

~D

Space, primarily. The last name wouldn't fit on the other Pack's skill box.
And possibly we could see Sarina Douglas as the "cured" persona?

That's entirely possible. In some [1E-AU] version of the set there easily could be a Cured Sarina, a new Karen, a new Bashir... Some future design team certainly has room to add to the Pack down the road. (Which is intentional.)

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
EHCCGPP wrote:

~D

Ooh, that's an intriguing idea. Non-group based, like Admiral Patrick. Or maybe gets boosted by Bashir instead instead of the group... Hmm... ;-)
I find your lack of question... disturbing...
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
EHCCGPP wrote:

~D

That's exactly what I was thinking.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
What was the design reasoning behind making Life's simple Pleasures only apply to a crew and not and away team?

so AT left on a planet wasn't a legit target

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Am I correct in assuming that unless something wipes out Admiral Patrick's skills, then he boosts himself to 7-8-4 without any other genetically enhanced types around?

Yep!

Also, will genetically engineered (such as on Premiere Hannah Bates) be treated as synonymous to genetically enhanced?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I don't usually ask about specific cards; but in this case I'll make an exception. Did Nelvana Trap & Once More Unto the Breach make it?

Nelvana Trap (and Jem'Hadar Strike Force, and the rest of the Assault/Maneuvers) were in the file, and we couldn't get a template that everyone was happy with. Charlie has mentioned Project Warrior - that's a new project specifically to crack that particular nut because it needed more focused attention.

They're the only 2E cards I much care about being converted, it would be a shame to lose the unique interaction that each currently provides. Much as I'm no fan of 2E, and retaining cards for which their compatibility (much less utility) in 1E was entirely an afterthought (if any thought was given at all), I'd be very bummed to lose those two.

So I'm really hoping to not find that there was room for a bunch of non-conversions at the expense of not converting things like the above -- or that these didn't make it 'for space' and somehow there was room for 2 versions of Patrick in the set.

I think of the non-conversions as "plus ones" - they're the extra page of cards to fill out conversions. If anything, they opened up room for a couple extra cards to get us to a nice multiple of nine. Cards got cut because they weren't working, never to "make room".

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Allen wrote:Charlie has mentioned Project Warrior - that's a new project specifically to crack that particular nut because it needed more focused attention.
So will he be [Fed] or [NA]?

Been a long time since I saw him, but I'd file him as a [Kli] at heart. (Maybe [Kaz] ?)

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
We have Revised Janeway at 39V and Revised Paris at 43V, leaving three spaces between. A quick survey of the Revised personnel in 2E shows only two personnel between Janeway and Paris - Kim and Neelix. In my best Sienfeld impression, what's the deal with that? Is 1e revising an additional personnel?

I was wondering if anyone would notice that. :) Here's a hint: it's a dual-affiliation personnel. -crp
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Hoss-Drone wrote:So when do we get to see the card(s) that will actually have the proper lore to allow swapping for the Voyager incident?
What do you mean? Revised Janeway swaps for Kathryn Janeway, Revised Paris for Tom Paris, etc.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
OKCoyote wrote:
Hoss-Drone wrote:So when do we get to see the card(s) that will actually have the proper lore to allow swapping for the Voyager incident?
What do you mean? Revised Janeway swaps for Kathryn Janeway, Revised Paris for Tom Paris, etc.
Ah, sorry. Brain did not engage on that.
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]