This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By tomek
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Top41 wrote:
Maelwys wrote:
Top41 wrote: Even more embarrassing question! Is there a list of those 400 banned cards (and a reason why they're getting banned)?
Tomek is referring to the upcoming retirement of all Second Edition cards out of the First Edition game. So the list of 400 cards is... basically anything that is still printed on the wrong template, as of sometime in the fall. And the reason that they're getting banned, is for being printed on the wrong template, and not technically made for this game in the first place. ;-)
Ah, thank you so much for the clarification! We don't use the backwards compatible cards from 2E, though I have seen them. It sounds like they're all available (or will be with the new expansion) in 1E form virtually anyway?
No... these 400 cards will not be available to use in any form (at least not in CC supported play).
Of the 799 2EBC cards in the 1E game today, 305 have been converted to the 1E template, and (prior to Metamorphosis) 494 had not been converted.

This means that after Metamorphosis there will still be over 400 2EBC cards that will not be converted to the 1E template.
And Discommendation will ban all unconverted 2EBC cards.
So... no... these 400 cards will not be available in any form after Discomendation... for CC supported play.

By admiral-mogh (Jorn Engstrom)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
After the separation, I suppose trekcc could still do "pseudo conversions", by making 1E cards that are "inspired by" 2E cards?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
admiral-mogh wrote:After the separation, I suppose trekcc could still do "pseudo conversions", by making 1E cards that are "inspired by" 2E cards?
Not only could it do so, I absolutely guarantee that it will.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
BCSWowbagger wrote:
admiral-mogh wrote:After the separation, I suppose trekcc could still do "pseudo conversions", by making 1E cards that are "inspired by" 2E cards?
Not only could it do so, I absolutely guarantee that it will.
Which makes sense because it releases the designers from having to find the exact frame that the original card's picture came from.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
With all due respect Tomek, Isn't that a bit hyperbolic? Are we yet sure that these 2E cards won't be permitted in other, non OTF formats? I thought they would likely still be OK for Open, at least, or if not that, certainly for 'traditional', no?
Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]