This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Hey,

In the Voyager Top 5 thread, BCSWowbagger mentioned using Reunite Legends' download in the seed phase. But the Glossary says 'The only actions you may take during the seed phases are seeding cards, carrying out game text that takes place immediately upon seeding a card faceup, such as downloading Bajoran Wormhole with Ultimatum or an Emblem card with Disrupt Alliance, and special downloads.' Could you guys explain this to me?

(I actually didn't realize you could use a special download in the seed phase either. This is very helpful!)
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
you are correct. Since this is an optional action, you have to wait until the orders phase
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Bcswowbagger is a notorious poot who needs to learn to read the cards before he posts about them.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
BCSWowbagger wrote:Bcswowbagger is a notorious poot who needs to learn to read the cards before he posts about them.
Is disparaging oneself a violation? :D

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Jono wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:Bcswowbagger is a notorious poot who needs to learn to read the cards before he posts about them.
Da CoC, Rule 11 wrote:In a moderated forum, no user shall post any content or remark that is belittling, disparaging, denigrating, harassing, threatening, bullying, or cruel towards another person...
(emphasis mine)

I've taken advantage of this "loophole" quite a few times myself for comic effect... ;)

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
EHCCGPP wrote:
Jono wrote:
Da CoC, Rule 11 wrote:In a moderated forum, no user shall post any content or remark that is belittling, disparaging, denigrating, harassing, threatening, bullying, or cruel towards another person...
(emphasis mine)

I've taken advantage of this "loophole" quite a few times myself for comic effect... ;)
Hmmm. If a particular poster disparages oneself .. are we allowed to repeat said disparagement? I mean .. that person already knows :p

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Se7enofMine wrote:
EHCCGPP wrote:
Jono wrote: Is disparaging oneself a violation? :D
(emphasis mine)

Hmmm. If a particular poster disparages oneself .. are we allowed to repeat said disparagement? I mean .. that person already knows :p
I wouldn't recommend it.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
Se7enofMine wrote: Hmmm. If a particular poster disparages oneself .. are we allowed to repeat said disparagement? I mean .. that person already knows :p
I wouldn't recommend it.

Doh. No more loopholes:p

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Se7enofMine wrote:
Armus wrote:
Se7enofMine wrote: Hmmm. If a particular poster disparages oneself .. are we allowed to repeat said disparagement? I mean .. that person already knows :p
I wouldn't recommend it.

Doh. No more loopholes:p
No, feel free to continue to disparage yourself if you feel so inclined for some reason, but just because someone else disparages themselves does NOT give you license to pile on.

Obviously context matters, but I see a slippery slope from fun self deprecation to hurt feelings as a possibility - one I would very much prefer to avoid.

Bottom line: the loophole is limited to first person self-disparagement.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: No, feel free to continue to disparage yourself if you feel so inclined for some reason, but just because someone else disparages themselves does NOT give you license to pile on.

Obviously context matters, but I see a slippery slope from fun self deprecation to hurt feelings as a possibility - one I would very much prefer to avoid.

Bottom line: the loophole is limited to first person self-disparagement.
I don't wanna further derail the thread but .. I was totally kidding btw. Being a little facetious. Insulting others generally doesn't further anything nor does it make it easier on the mods.

I was just looking fun indirectly at James mostly. Name calling isn't my thing :)

Good mornin' lads, just got me thinking: What w[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]