This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Toasty
 -  
I'm a returning player (last played in the 90s!) and have recently purchased a few cheap booster boxes to fiddle around with. Decided to stick with 1e stuff and am cobbling a couple basic decks together to play with my cuz. Anyway, something is driving me mad: the mission Tarchannen Study requires "Holodeck". What the heck is Holodeck? I haven't been able to find a card with this name in the Q Continuum deck list or even in a search for a card. Obviously I know that there are some cards with Holodeck in their lore and game text but isn't this, like, the fourth set printed? Is this just a mission that can't be completed with Q Continuum cards or earlier?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Hi, Toasty! Welcome!

Tarchannen Study is a planet/space mission, which means you must attempt it simultaneously with an away team on the planet and a crew on your ship in orbit. (The away team faces planet dilemmas; the crew faces space dilemmas; you choose who faces planet/space dilemmas.)

The "Holodeck" requirement means that, to solve the mission, the ship you use to attempt the mission must be equipped with a holodeck. This is a weird requirement; the Q-Continuum set was notorious for doing weird things with the rules without adequately explaining them to players. However, it is one that you should have no trouble meeting; there are quite a few ships with a Holodeck (here is a list), including quite a few from the "PAQ sets" (Premiere/Alternate Universe/Q-Continuum). Particularly look at your U.S.S. Galaxy, U.S.S. Enterprise (if you have it), and U.S.S. Nebula from Premiere. That's probably the easiest way to meet the requirement.

(And if you don't have the Enterprise, feel free to print a copy.)

I hope we'll see you around the boards!

By Toasty
 -  
Thanks for the quick answer. Hilariously, as I picked up a stack of ships, the first one I looked at had a Holodeck and I felt like a bit of a dunce. Oh well.
Question for noob

Is there an easy way to get him to the alpha quadr[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]