This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Event: Conversion of Integrity

Lore: Dorian Collins did some stupid BS because of blind loyalty and peer pressure, but in the end she got on with her life and improved herself.

Gametext: Plays on table. Dorian Collins is Integrity +5, nullifying all CC threads and Bendii Syndrome. Nullified if any other cadet present.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
I swear, I saw her punch a puppy once.

The integrity is justified.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Slayer07 wrote:
sexecutioner wrote:I swear, I saw her punch a puppy once.

Pretty sure it was a changeling.
The puppy or Dorian?

Or BOTH?!
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Slayer07 wrote:

[Dom] Collins Founder confirmed.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
Slayer07 wrote:

[Dom] Collins Founder confirmed.
To be fair...nobody really knows....

~D

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
HoodieDM wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:48 pm
BCSWowbagger wrote:But it's hard to get fussy about one point either way.
Tsk, tsk James, this IS the internet afterall!!! ;)

Anyways, I propose a new style of WotC. Odd months we propose several cards and why should update/change them and vote on one of them to change. Whether for game play, clarification (looking at lore/game text), "trek-sense" things, etc.

Then the even months we vote on that card on what is proposed to be changed. Rinse and repeat. One card every 2 months. Then the CC can work on it in the background and have it out to us the following month in the errata file.

I think that helps getting the community involved in things that bother the community.

~D
I'm giving this a big THREAD NECRO!

I just watched Valiant for the first time in awhile, and now I'm re-triggered all over again! :x

But rereading this thread, I think Hoodie may be on to something with this idea.

What do you think, @MidnightLich ? Do you think some "community cleanup" projects have some potential?

In the meantime, I stand by my original sentiment. #FixDorianCollins

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Not this again!?
I thought I had put my anger and frustration behind me... But nope, during my past re-run of DS9, I still felt the same.
Armus wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:28 am #FixDorianCollins
#makedoriancollinsgreatagain.

(I still feel strongly about this, but have said the serious things I have to say about it, over the years, in various other threads. :twocents: )

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
SudenKapala wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:26 am Not this again!?
I thought I had put my anger and frustration behind me... But nope, during my past re-run of DS9, I still felt the same.
Armus wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:28 am #FixDorianCollins
#makedoriancollinsgreatagain.

(I still feel strongly about this, but have said the serious things I have to say about it, over the years, in various other threads. :twocents: )
Right?!

I hadn't thought about this issue in forever, but last night the actual episode was on and I actually, ya know, WATCHED it. I don't get to watch as much Star Trek these days as I did in my youth, but it's nice to sit down and catch an ep every now and again. Took me back...

... and in this case, reminded me why I was so spun up about the card in the first place.

Realistically, I don't expect any change at this point (though I'm happy to be pleasantly surprised!), and the lack of same is hardly going to make me rage quit the game or anything. The arguments and counter-arguments have all been made and are well documented on these boards.

But I'm still carrying a torch for a better world where Dorian has an integrity that makes some degree of sense.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
My only problem with Dorian Collins is that she looked and acted like she should been on a mid-day soap opera. Maybe her integrity is because she's actually one of two twins and actually is the evil one.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I admit, in the years since, I have also rewatched Valiant, and I am starting to come around to the view that Dorian Collins should be fixed.

We should correct her INTEGRITY to 2.

:D
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
BCSWowbagger wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:36 pm I admit, in the years since, I have also rewatched Valiant, and I am starting to come around to the view that Dorian Collins should be fixed.

We should correct her INTEGRITY to 2.

:D
Bwahahahaha!

:shifty:

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Fun Facts:

People with more integrity than Dorian "sick monster" Collins

Dukat of Borg. A Borg!!

Dukat (the guy that kept Bajoran slaves in the ore processing center? remember him?)

Deyos (the guy that ran a prison camp where jem'hadar got training by beating the prisoners to death, then killed his own First because he wouldn't murder Worf. Remember him?)

Duras (the guy that brutally murdered K'Ehleyr and came from a family of traitors to the empire. Remember him?)

Pardek (the guy that betrayed Spock after a lifetime of friendship and probably got a large number of Underground members executed. Remember him?)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]