This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
If I recall correctly, she was never a turncoat on Watters anyway. Jake reminded her of home on the moon, and she got homesick and cried a bit. Or as Farris put it, was “plunged into emotional turmoil.” She still proceeded with the mission. She even defended Watters posthumously.

By pschrader
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E American National Runner-Up 2023
If you're going to give any of the cadets low integrity, I'd offer up two options:

(The aforementioned) Tim Waters. He was a bad-to-mediocre leader and lied to his "officers" about taking stims.

Riley Shepard. This asshole was already involved in earlier Red Squad shenanigans with Admiral Leyton and even took pride in taking down Earth's energy grid. If all the other members of the Valiant are fuck-ups, he's a double fuck-up.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
pschrader wrote:If you're going to give any of the cadets low integrity, I'd offer up two options:

(The aforementioned) Tim Waters. He was a bad-to-mediocre leader and lied to his "officers" about taking stims.

Riley Shepard. This asshole was already involved in earlier Red Squad shenanigans with Admiral Leyton and even took pride in taking down Earth's energy grid. If all the other members of the Valiant are fuck-ups, he's a double fuck-up.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

~D

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
So I think the points have all been made here, but I wanted to give this thread a bump to ask TPTB whether or not there are any plans to change the integrity on Dorian and/or anyone else?

Charlie? Paddy? Zinno?

ANY-BODY!
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote:So I think the points have all been made here, but I wanted to give this thread a bump to ask TPTB whether or not there are any plans to change the integrity on Dorian and/or anyone else?

Charlie? Paddy? Zinno?

ANY-BODY!
Matt Zinno is in charge of errata - I'm on board from a Creative stance but it's not my call. Feel free to PM him to ensure you've got his attention.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
This thread seemed to be quite dormant, which might be fine -- a lot has been said about Dorian. But on the other hand, it's a worthy cause! And since I'm here now, I can't help but 'step up'.

I, too, thought from the moment I read her card, that her integrity is way off. I was so happy to see this character represented in the 1e layout, since I loved both her portrayal, and the episode in general. (The presence of another Defiant-class boat also helped for me. A lot.) As such, I felt her low integrity to be... is 'appalling' an appropriate word?

Actually it was quite interesting, too, to read some arguments about this from the other side (the design viewpoint). Yet I agree with the assessments made by some, analysing her conduct and comparing that with low-integrity cards (most of whom seem to be main antagonists, if not villains).

So, if there ever would be an effort to change the card, and have her INT raised, you certainly have my vote!
There, that's off my chest! :D

And who knows -- there might someday be Justice-Through-Errata? (Errata on an attribute? :? Has it happened before!?)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
HoodieDM wrote:I'd even be okay if she had the INTEGRITY option of 3 OR 7.
With all due respect -- I can't agree with that. It would be too useful, for one -- and e.g. Quark, as a main character, is a bit more unique than Dorian. But mainly, because 7 is the bare minimum for me! :wink: 8 would also be acceptable. (9 would be too much, of course.)

It's great to be able to discuss these things here. Not too many people I know IRL would apreciate this conversation. But, luckily, some of my friends do! :)

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Don't change her integrity.

I like to think she leads a double life as a space internet conspiracy theorist. Claiming that the Discovery's battle at Pavo didn't happen and that Wolf 359 was a hoax.

#Borgphasersdontmeltsteelbeams

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I am also a space Internet conspiracy theorist.

Discovery never happened. :P

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
sexecutioner wrote:I like to think she leads a double life as a space internet conspiracy theorist. Claiming that the Discovery's battle at Pavo didn't happen and that Wolf 359 was a hoax.
Wait... Wolf 359... really wasn't a scam to make the Borg look bad!? :?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Boffo97 wrote:I am also a space Internet conspiracy theorist.

Discovery never happened. :P
Sure Discovery happened. I DVRd that two hour made for TV Movie when it aired on CBS last fall. However, the idea that Discovery was a full series is just a vicious internet rumor.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Suden Kapala wrote:
HoodieDM wrote:I'd even be okay if she had the INTEGRITY option of 3 OR 7.
With all due respect -- I can't agree with that. It would be too useful, for one -- and e.g. Quark, as a main character, is a bit more unique than Dorian. But mainly, because 7 is the bare minimum for me! :wink: 8 would also be acceptable. (9 would be too much, of course.)

It's great to be able to discuss these things here. Not too many people I know IRL would apreciate this conversation. But, luckily, some of my friends do! :)
Its not about "main characters" only get cool abilities or certain stats. Its about fulfilling a hole. Feds need low INT folks, so most of us here arent opposed to a Cadet getting it, it helps a faction and the affiliation as a whole. While I prefer it being Watters, again Im okay with it being Collins. Id just would have thought it could have fit better treksense with one of the other two options.

~D

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
sexecutioner wrote:Don't change her integrity.

I like to think she leads a double life as a space internet conspiracy theorist. Claiming that the Discovery's battle at Pavo didn't happen and that Wolf 359 was a hoax.

#Borgphasersdontmeltsteelbeams
I don't see why being a space internet conspiracy theorist should have any impact on raising or lowering her Integrity. What's the saying? Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't out to get you? #TheTruthIsOutThere. Although I don't think anyone would be able to believe Wolf 359 didn't happen since there are so many survivors of that battle including Jake Sisko himself. Get back to me on this in the year 3000.

That being said, again I support raising her Integrity.
Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]