This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
jjh wrote:It is incredibly DISAPPOINTING to work on the projects and watch them not get posted.

It is possible there is only one person on Earth who can post PDFs and JPGs to the website.

Unacceptable.
For what it's worth Johnny, I appreciate what you do, as we all do, and hope that the posting process improves by either better management or an increase in resources.

I think it's unfair to you that you work hard to get your portion of the work done only to be associated to the rest of the process when it fails.

And thanks for hanging in there even after all of this...

TK
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
jjh wrote:It is possible there is only one person on Earth who can post PDFs and JPGs to the website.
I am not normally part of this workflow, but I have FTP access and the ability to post things.

If anyone sends me anything that needs posting, I will see that it gets up tonight.

I don't know whether or how much that helps, but figured it's better to speak up and risk being unneeded than keep quiet and risk being unhelpful.
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
I don't know all (most?) of the details.

Maybe posting PDFs is difficult? Maybe the JPGs and the database are time intense work? From what Charlie has shared, the database is at least part of the problem.

Maybe there are broken links in the project management chain?

Maybe people who have done the work in the past don't want to do the work anymore?

Maybe we don't have the volunteers with the skillset/time to manage the card database?

I just don't know.
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
James - Can you reach out to Charlie and see if you can step in and help Chris with this specific work?

If we have the manpower, the know how, and the files (that, I know we do because I've done them), there is ZERO reason not to post these PDFs and JPGs for the Community.

We can do better.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
We can do better, and we must. We will.

Missing promos files: I spend a lot of time going through my files before I ask Johnny to do any work. I've recently had to ask for some of the missing files, and I might have to ask for more. I'm going to make it a priority to get these done this week.

I am also actively looking for different ways we can host the files to make it easier to manage. Chris has an insane workload, personally and professionally, and we (meaning I) have to help him.

-crp
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Given James says he can post things and Charlie says Chris is super busy, would it not make sense for such tasks to be sent to both of them from now on? If nothing else and they both happen to have capacity, one of them could still check the work of the other to ensure there are less slip-ups like this in future?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I tend to belong to the camp that says, "We have a ridiculous concentration of computer programmers in this community and should leverage any who are willing to help."

The missing link there (as I understand it) is mainly security. There's only one role in the database right now, and it provides full access -- no way to limit it to, say, just the card tables. So there is necessarily a lot of paranoia about letting anyone into the database. There's only one FTP account right now, and it provides full access -- there's not currently a way to give someone a login role for just card uploads or whatever. So there's understandably paranoia about giving anyone an FTP account. I've got Orbin doing small Utopia Planitia enhancements (did anyone in UP notice that 1E mission icons look better as of last week?), but he has a full local copy and has to email his changesets to me for upload to the server. We could definitely do better than that with a more full-fledged permissions structure.

Anyway, that's the long-term.

In the short term, yes, I am happy to reach out to Charlie for the files. If he has them, I'll upload them. If he doesn't, please send them straight to me and I'll upload them. I think there's a database update as well, but I don't think it's terrifically hard.

By admiral-mogh (Jorn Engstrom)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Done :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
154*VP Seska
156*VP USS Equinox

Missing
158 VP Lwaxana Troi
190 VP Neuropressure Massage
201 VP Comfort Women
202*VP Neelix

Slowly getting there :cross:

:cheersL:
 -  
Prophet
I believe everything that is missing is now loaded and available.

Please let me know if there is still something not right, and I'll do my best to fix it for you promptly.

-crp

By harry696
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:I believe everything that is missing is now loaded and available.

Please let me know if there is still something not right, and I'll do my best to fix it for you promptly.

-crp
Database page for 158VP Lwaxana Troi still has the card photo with the TCC logo

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
admiral-mogh wrote:The Jem’Hadar will check on the order of things again on January 7th 2019 :shifty:
[Dom] Receive these Virtual Promos from the Founders, may they keep you strong. [Dom]
 -  
Prophet
harry696 wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:I believe everything that is missing is now loaded and available.

-crp
Database page for 158VP Lwaxana Troi still has the card photo with the TCC logo
You might have a cached copy; it's clear for me.

-crp
Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]

@Brad are you Brad Snyder?

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]