This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By tlmirkes (Tim Mirkes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
While reading through the current version of the dilemma resolution guide available on the front page, I've come across a number of entries that are truncated, or exhibit other issues.

These entries are truncated, and do not appear to contain the full resolution text:
Altonian Brain Teaser
Astral Eddy (missing all text!)
Common Thief
Crowded Bar
Dejaren
Drumhead
Firestorm
Flash Plasma Storm
Hide and Seek
In the Pale Moonlight
Kazon Bomb
Lethean Telepathic Attack
Sabotaged Negotiations
Skullduggery
The Weak Will Perish
Thought Fire

Additionally, Conundrum appears to contain a large chunk of repeated text within its entry.

Finally, the Alien Parasites & REM Fatigue Hallucinations entry formats the names of the component dilemmas differently (lower case) than then other dual dilemmas.

Apologies if I'm regurgitating known issues, but I can't be the only one who's noticed...

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
FYI- I am working on a version of the guide using the style Major Rakal originally implemented for the DRG (putting the dilemma text there too) for every dilemma but it takes time. I’m sure this will hopefully clean up those issues. There is no timetable for its completion.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Jono wrote:FYI- I am working on a version of the guide using the style Major Rakal originally implemented for the DRG (putting the dilemma text there too) for every dilemma but it takes time. I’m sure this will hopefully clean up those issues. There is no timetable for its completion.
:thumbsup:

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Jono wrote:FYI- I am working on a version of the guide using the style Major Rakal originally implemented for the DRG (putting the dilemma text there too) for every dilemma but it takes time. I’m sure this will hopefully clean up those issues. There is no timetable for its completion.
Depending on the scale, you might be able to crowdsource the effort, I seem to recall BCS doing it for a few things around here, and I honestly would like to see it done for more.

By tlmirkes (Tim Mirkes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
:thumbsup:
Mogor wrote:Depending on the scale, you might be able to crowdsource the effort, I seem to recall BCS doing it for a few things around here, and I honestly would like to see it done for more.
:thumbsup: If this is just a question of transcribing the text of a dilemma to a simple copy-pasta friendly format, I'd happily spend some down time at work or a lazy evening at home helping out with such an effort. I lead a rich and exciting life. :shifty:

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hello! I'm new here. I'd be very interested in an updated / appended version of this new file, too.

From what I've seen, there are some [Q] Q-icon cards in it now, as well. But not all, is that correct?

I'd very much like to be able to look up all* Q-icon cards (Dilemma, Event, Interrupt, etc.) in the DRG, since many of them are confusing to me in some situations. (I must admit I use the old DRG a lot, too, when dealing with Dilemmas... Wouldn't want to play w/o it...)

*: As an exclusively Traditional cards player (so far), I'd be looking for explanations to the Decipher-era Q-cards, mainly.

Thanks in advance! :)

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
Suden Kapala wrote:Hello! I'm new here. I'd be very interested in an updated / appended version of this new file, too.

From what I've seen, there are some [Q] Q-icon cards in it now, as well. But not all, is that correct?

I'd very much like to be able to look up all* Q-icon cards (Dilemma, Event, Interrupt, etc.) in the DRG, since many of them are confusing to me in some situations. (I must admit I use the old DRG a lot, too, when dealing with Dilemmas... Wouldn't want to play w/o it...)

*: As an exclusively Traditional cards player (so far), I'd be looking for explanations to the Decipher-era Q-cards, mainly.

Thanks in advance! :)
The DRG I am working on (slowly) will include the Q Dilemma cards.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Nice! :thumbsup: Thanks for the quick reply.

What is the reason not to include other types of [Q]-cards?
(To me, they seem closely related to Dilemmas, and sometimes as confusing. :P )

And BTW, if there's anything I can do to help, I'd love to. I'm handy with text layout, I think; so I could perhaps help transfering any raw text into a visually appealing form (like Maj. Rakal's version, or otherwise).

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
Suden Kapala wrote:Nice! :thumbsup: Thanks for the quick reply.

And BTW, if there's anything I can do to help, I'd love to. I'm handy with text layout, I think; so I could perhaps help transfering any raw text into a visually appealing form (like Maj. Rakal's version, or otherwise).
Simply put, the reason is because Major Rakal did not include [Q] cards that were not dilemmas in her DRG. The major reason they were in there is because you could seed [Q] dilemmas underneath missions with Beware of Q.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Jono wrote:
Suden Kapala wrote:Nice! :thumbsup: Thanks for the quick reply.

Simply put, the reason is because Major Rakal did not include [Q] cards that were not dilemmas in her DRG. The major reason they were in there is because you could seed [Q] dilemmas underneath missions with Beware of Q.
Also, [Q] cards don't behave as dilemmas when encountered through a Flash, so even the text of [Q] dilemmas is only accurate in some situations.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Is there any update on the missing / corrupted / truncated entries in the new DRG? (And other issues mentioned above?)

It seems to have been updated after its initial upload (e.g., "God" was appended with the quotation marks) but still many of the original problems persist.

Is the text perhaps correctly present, and is it an "auto-generated-PDF-printing" issue?
2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !