This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
"Limits each non-Borg report with crew action to four total personnel/equipment."

Since this refers to "Borg" and not specifically the [Bor] affiliation, how does this work with Borg species that aren't [Bor] affiliation?

The glossary has one entry that seems to be applicable:

non-Federation, non-[Fed] – A non-[Fed] Away Team, crew, or force is one that contains no [Fed] cards.

This seems to imply that the mere presence of just ONE [Fed] card makes a crew [Fed].

So I would take that to mean that the mere presence of just ONE Borg, such as Goval or Assimilator means that the "It's Only a Game" limit can be ignored.

You may now shatter my dreams....

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Takket wrote:So I would take that to mean that the mere presence of just ONE Borg, such as Goval or Assimilator means that the "It's Only a Game" limit can be ignored.

As far as Assimilator is concerned, it does not have a Borg presence, it just has Borg staffing requirements. Therefore, It's Only A Game would still apply to it if you reported it with 4 non - [Bor]
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote:
Takket wrote:So I would take that to mean that the mere presence of just ONE Borg, such as Goval or Assimilator means that the "It's Only a Game" limit can be ignored.

As far as Assimilator is concerned, it does not have a Borg presence, it just has Borg staffing requirements. Therefore, It's Only A Game would still apply to it if you reported it with 4 non - [Bor]
The lore identifies it as a "Borg ship", though.

This is one of those "things I always hoped nobody'd notice." Obviously, Decipher meant to put [Bor] or "Borg player" on the card, not "Borg" (or it seems obvious to me), but I can't see any obstacle to doing what you're trying to do.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:
This is one of those "things I always hoped nobody'd notice." Obviously, Decipher meant to put [Bor] or "Borg player" on the card, not "Borg" (or it seems obvious to me), but I can't see any obstacle to doing what you're trying to do.
Blame Worf, because he's the root cause of the "affiliation and species" mess that would require a lot of errata to clean up properly.

@Brad are you Brad Snyder? I believe h[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]