This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
LORE wrote:
Armus wrote:I know that it's Aberdeen Anarchy, and shenanigans are par for the course, but what happened that merited an actual disqualification?
All due respect, but I'd rather this stay private than be openly discussed. Niall assures me it was handled with honesty and integrity, and I don't see a reason to feed the trolls as a result. Any issues with that can be directed to me personally.
If this is the new policy going forward, I'm all for it. But it's a pretty severe policy change compared to last time...
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
AllenGould wrote:If this is the new policy going forward, I'm all for it. But it's a pretty severe policy change compared to last time...
I'm not sure I follow. Niall and the affected parties have talked about what happened. He and I are talking about what happened. Everything will get sorted according to the letter of the law.

All I'm saying is we don't have to dissect everything out in the open on the forums. I just see no need to let everyone opine on the motives, sharpen their pitchforks, and go all the way down some negative rabbit hole that will accomplish nothing.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
KazonPADD wrote:it's certainly more of a technical error with the deck rather than a disqualification related to misbehavior on the day
If it's behavior, then Ken should be punished for the way he upkilted and milked me at Worlds last year

#shotsfired
Last edited by sexecutioner on Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
KazonPADD wrote:
LORE wrote:rabbit hole
+ Aberdeen Anarchy
= One unlucky rabbit
Two Germans One Rabbit.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
Still at work, so updates in the next few hours.

But word on the grapevine is that Aberdeen will now have a player base of 6-7 people!

Four will be full constructed Trek Heads, the others will be about for some sealed / limited action.

You have no idea how happy I am right now.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
sexecutioner wrote:
KazonPADD wrote:it's certainly more of a technical error with the deck rather than a disqualification related to misbehavior on the day
If it's behavior, then Ken should be punished for the way he milked me at Worlds last year

#shotsfired
How long was Ken's hand up there?

Same old story... Spacey, Weinstein, Tufts...

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
KazonPADD wrote:
sexecutioner wrote:
If it's behavior, then Ken should be punished for the way he milked me at Worlds last year

#shotsfired
How long was Ken's hand up there?

Same old story... Spacey, Weinstein, Tufts...
As long as it took to normally get 50 points in that event, which was a while.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
LORE wrote:
Armus wrote:I know that it's Aberdeen Anarchy, and shenanigans are par for the course, but what happened that merited an actual disqualification?
All due respect, but I'd rather this stay private than be openly discussed. Niall assures me it was handled with honesty and integrity, and I don't see a reason to feed the trolls as a result. Any issues with that can be directed to me personally.
If this is the standard issue "we don't comment on ongoing investigations" line then ok, I get that, but once the "investigation" is over and whatever decisions that need to be made get made, why wouldn't a summary of what happened be made public?

If it was a case of procedural error(s) granting an unfair advantage that would have to be litigated through existing OPG guidelines, then a summary of the incident strikes me as appropriate - the last thing we want is someone else inadvertently stumbling into the same result, which is entirely plausible given the complexity of 1e.

I'm not looking to beat up Meinhard, nor am I looking to pick a fight with OP, but the "nothing to see here, move along" tone is tripping my RADAR based on past experience, even if there isn't anything subversive here and everything is being handled properly.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Armus wrote:...there isn't anything subversive here and everything is being handled properly.
Yes.

By Mogh, Son Of Worf (Meinhard S. Rohr)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Swedish National Champion 2018
Armus wrote:
LORE wrote:
If this is the standard issue "we don't comment on ongoing investigations" line then ok, I get that, but once the "investigation" is over and whatever decisions that need to be made get made, why wouldn't a summary of what happened be made public?

If it was a case of procedural error(s) granting an unfair advantage that would have to be litigated through existing OPG guidelines, then a summary of the incident strikes me as appropriate - the last thing we want is someone else inadvertently stumbling into the same result, which is entirely plausible given the complexity of 1e.

I'm not looking to beat up Meinhard, nor am I looking to pick a fight with OP, but the "nothing to see here, move along" tone is tripping my RADAR based on past experience, even if there isn't anything subversive here and everything is being handled properly.
This is what happens when you suddenly turn every local into some fancy named event and pretend we're playing for something important so we have to do correct legal proceedings in order to not tarnish the high level play system - nobody cared 4 years ago when I was dasqualified from AA the last time.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
This thread needs muscle.

COMMISSIONER BEERBARIAN, I CHOOSE YOU!

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Sounds like a good time was had by all. I'd love to play with you lads sometime, you seem like a fun bunch a drunks to play an old dead zombie card game with. Looking forward to more pictures. :cheersR:
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Proconsul Neral wrote:Sounds like a good time was had by all. I'd love to play with you lads sometime, you seem like a fun bunch a drunks to play an old dead zombie card game with. Looking forward to more pictures. :cheersR:
I hear some of them will be attending Texas Chainsaw Masters this year.

If y’all still want to get things brewing in[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

@winterflames Do you still have this event goin[…]

Make It So does NOT unstop the crew aboard a shi[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I won't be available Saturday the 27th. Have other[…]