This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Iella
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I was looking through the starter decks for my boyfriend and I to try out playing with the modern rule set and I noticed a few instances where a card has a download but the downloadable card is not in the deck. For example, in the Federation deck, Vash has a download for Dig, but Dig is not in the deck. Is this on purpose? Is dig just worthless so you'd never use it? Was it an oversight? There's a few others in the starter sets as well.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Generally (for simplicity) downloads are left out of the starter decks so new players don’t need to concern themselves with them. Dig is actually a useful card and worth including in certain decks.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Iella wrote:Oh, and would anyone have a handy link to a good video to maybe see a game played and learn the ropes?
I've been trying to get these done for a long time but don't have the capability myself, and crowdsourcing didn't seem to work either. Perhaps once I fill the open positions in my department I'll have time to try again.

In the meantime, we do offer online play, which means there are often players online available to help teach the game.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Where are you located, Iella? There may be a player group near you.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

By Iella
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote:Generally (for simplicity) downloads are left out of the starter decks so new players don’t need to concern themselves with them. Dig is actually a useful card and worth including in certain decks.
Would it be safe to just toss those missing downloads into the starter decks?

OKCoyote wrote:
Iella wrote:Oh, and would anyone have a handy link to a good video to maybe see a game played and learn the ropes?
I've been trying to get these done for a long time but don't have the capability myself, and crowdsourcing didn't seem to work either. Perhaps once I fill the open positions in my department I'll have time to try again.

In the meantime, we do offer online play, which means there are often players online available to help teach the game.
Shoot, videos would be really cool.
jadziadax8 wrote:Where are you located, Iella? There may be a player group near you.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
Southeastern Pennsylvania. Romulus region. Haven't figured out how to add my region to my profile.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Iella wrote:Would it be safe to just toss those missing downloads into the starter decks?
Possibly, but the decks were tested without them. So they could well make them unbalanced.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
So near the Maryland border?

There are players in NJ & Philly. Some of them come to play in southern Maryland & northern Virginia. I’ve been trying to work out how to do a Sunday in the NJ area this year with old friends who I used to play with.

The biggest problem I find is that there are too many different communication channels for me to keep track. Some of the people I know are only through text, Facebook, email, or only on the boards. It’s a bit...hard to try and keep everyone appraised and coordinate when to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Iella wrote:
KazonPADD wrote: Haven't figured out how to add my region to my profile.
  • - In the upper left corner of this page you will find "User Control Panel", just next to your user name.

- In there you will have the "Options" box on the left side. Klick "Profile" and then you can edit your profile automatically.

- In the middle of the screen it´s the 3rd last option "Region", just under "Birthday"

I hope that was helpful. Oh, btw. welcome to the hobby :)
Please enjoy the game and ignore the user KillerB like in viewtopic.php?f=56&t=36371&view=unread#unread

Cheers

Nerdo

By Iella
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:
Iella wrote:
KazonPADD wrote: Haven't figured out how to add my region to my profile.
  • - In the upper left corner of this page you will find "User Control Panel", just next to your user name.

- In there you will have the "Options" box on the left side. Klick "Profile" and then you can edit your profile automatically.

- In the middle of the screen it´s the 3rd last option "Region", just under "Birthday"

I hope that was helpful. Oh, btw. welcome to the hobby :)
Please enjoy the game and ignore the user KillerB like in viewtopic.php?f=56&t=36371&view=unread#unread

Cheers

Nerdo
While I appreciate your answering my question, I would also appreciate you not using my thread to continue your personal vendetta against KillerB. You seem to do so in nearly every thread you post in.

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yeah, you´re right. I should have asked your first. I know when I messed up, so please accept my apologies on this official way where everybody can read it and consider it done.

And of course it was a pleasure to help you on the region question.

Cheers

Nerdo

Stopped personnel can cure. That's the tiny det[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]