This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Norion12 (Nathan Anglin)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Hi guys, I just got into the game, bought a bunch of cheap boxes from Hill's wholesale gaming, and have been having a blast collecting and playing. (Did some booster box openings Im going to put up on youtube)

I was starting to print out virtual cards, and was wondering, is the virtual card policy the same as the 2009 article? I couldn't find anything newer. Basically I was just wondering the rules for using them in events. I have a TON of extra commons now, so I was going to glue my photo paper to extra bulk cards, but after doing a few its really thick, and if I mixed it with physical cards I feel like they would be 'marked'. Could I just glue them to some cardstock? It seems like the thickness would be better and less noticable when mixed with regular cards and double sleeved.

Just wondering before I glued together my first set. Thanks in advance :)

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Norion12 wrote:Hi guys, I just got into the game, bought a bunch of cheap boxes from Hill's wholesale gaming, and have been having a blast collecting and playing. (Did some booster box openings Im going to put up on youtube)

I was starting to print out virtual cards, and was wondering, is the virtual card policy the same as the 2009 article? I couldn't find anything newer. Basically I was just wondering the rules for using them in events. I have a TON of extra commons now, so I was going to glue my photo paper to extra bulk cards, but after doing a few its really thick, and if I mixed it with physical cards I feel like they would be 'marked'. Could I just glue them to some cardstock? It seems like the thickness would be better and less noticable when mixed with regular cards and double sleeved.

Just wondering before I glued together my first set. Thanks in advance :)
Some people print onto card stock and still use them. I mean if you want to be a stickler to the rules they must be sleeved with real cards as backing.

Honestly I just print off my decks with my laser printer on regular printer paper and cut/sleeve them and works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Also, the rule for events is that ALL cards are now printable, including Decipher cards.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
About the only rule is if you are using virtual cards in any way you must use card sleeves to "hide" the fact they are more than just a regular Decipher-printed card.

You can either use paper with stick backing (like the virtual foils TrekCC uses as tournament prize support) or just slips of paper in card sleeves with a regular TrekCC card.

I use the latter as the virtual card looks almost like a regular Trek card in a sleeve as long as you use a laser printer (I use one at a local Staples store so I don't have to pay for ink) and a nice paper slicer to get clean ends (I then use scissors to trim the corners so no white shows up when I put the paper into the sleeve).

Glad to have you playing!
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Norion12 wrote:I was starting to print out virtual cards, and was wondering, is the virtual card policy the same as the 2009 article?
No, it's been drastically revised. The latest version is from 2014:

https://www.trekcc.org/op/TCCOPG.pdf (see page 14)

The biggest change is that ALL cards are now printable, but there have been significant relaxations of the policy in every way.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
We could also revise the FAQ page to point to the relevant section of the OPG.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

By Norion12 (Nathan Anglin)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Jono wrote:
You can either use paper with stick backing (like the virtual foils TrekCC uses as tournament prize support) or just slips of paper in card sleeves with a regular TrekCC card.
Thanks for the replies guys! I have finished 3 virtual sets printing and gluing to cards. Do you happen to have a link to the foil paper used to make the promos? I would love to make some foil cards :)
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]