This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
I feel like all of you skim over the following. Dominion already pay a heavy price in their deck design decisions if they want to do an invasive beam in deck.

The average deck is lucky to have 10 dilemmas due to the amount of seed cards needed. With the slew of event and interrupt cards out there that are being used more and more it makes even more sense for people to pack some Uxbridge and Amanda cards.

If you aren’t going to use ref cards in your deck, or use counters that work against almost every deck type, then yeah that deck will hurt you. I don’t think Jaeger is a good example of the average player playing Dominion. I don’t think I’m near that level. The reason why my deck did as well as it did was the above reasons - I wasn’t facing ref cards or Uxbridge/Amanda and it would of hurt and slowed if I had.

I’ll start worrying about invasive beam in when everyone starts winning their tournaments with it everywhere. Currently they are not and only the best players are even able to run those type of decks well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Why not make Stratagema block invasive beam ins, that way at least your HQ is safe. The biggest problem with invasive is when someone just beams in 6 Jem'hdar to your facility with weapons and white. They basically have made it impossible for you to report anyone which is a massive NPE.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Proconsul Neral wrote:Why not make Stratagema block invasive beam ins, that way at least your HQ is safe. The biggest problem with invasive is when someone just beams in 6 Jem'hdar to your facility with weapons and white. They basically have made it impossible for you to report anyone which is a massive NPE.
Then beam to a ship and cloak. Use a q tent and grab transporter inhibitor. Use Uxbridge. Throw down a Q-Net. Time travel. Art of Diplomacy to grab hand weapons (as long as you have equal or more security and the same for hand weapons) you can react and stop such a tactic. Ref card for anti kwhite.

There is no way without seeding Kwhite and jemhadar birthing chambers (which aren’t even used much because those decks are basically non viable) and not doing reward of the founders to get that many jemhadar out by turn three. Maybe turn 5 or 6 and if you aren’t prepared to do missions and run by then 6 then don’t know what to tell you about that.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Also, Neral, if you are going to argue it at least my deck has viable counters. There are none to raptors that have multiple of them in the deck and can just have their friend teleport to the ship. Returning to hand playing it anywhere teleporting the other raptor to the one you deployed is pretty OP and the only way to actually stop that type of deck is to beam in and kill/capture

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Also I believe I could of beamed down to the time location anyhow without invasive transporters because it’s a location like a plant not an outpost. I also should of plain battled. I misremembered the card - it doesn’t have a battle restriction.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Evasive maneuvers and a captains log completely renders raptors a none threat, hope that helps you in the future. They only have 4 sheilds....

Also, white deprivation is worthless with remote supply depot and reward from the founders. I ought to know, I play dominion all the time, I'm one of the few people who do. Also you need only 3 or 4 Jem'hdar and a hand weapon to shut down a facility, this can be accomplished easily by turn two using dominion war efforts, going to the top and I'm a doctor not a brick layer.

If their was a reliable way to get transport inhibitors, it wouldn't be a big deal. Maybe change equipment replicator to allow downloads of inhibitors aswell, just a thought. :)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Proconsul Neral wrote:Evasive maneuvers and a captains log completely renders raptors a none threat, hope that helps you in the future. They only have 4 sheilds....

Also, white deprivation is worthless with remote supply depot and reward from the founders. I ought to know, I play dominion all the time, I'm one of the few people who do. Also you need only 3 or 4 Jem'hdar and a hand weapon to shut down a facility, this can be accomplished easily by turn two using dominion war efforts, going to the top and I'm a doctor not a brick layer.

If their was a reliable way to get transport inhibitors, it wouldn't be a big deal. Maybe change equipment replicator to allow downloads of inhibitors aswell, just a thought. :)
And you can easily accomplish countering I
invasive beam in by using an Uxbridge and seeding Amanda Protector to stop any interrupt schenanigans

If you put multiple raptors in your deck then being destroyed is meaningless. And again that means one needs to make a lot of effort to tech against them specifically.

However my counter suggestions can be used against almost every deck in existence so far to counter their schenanigans that use interrupts or events.

Maybe next time we play you bring the dominion deck and I’ll tech against it [emoji41]

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote: Then he uses his transporters on the Dominion ship to beam his personnel on my outpost directly to my ship (outpost-to-ship beaming). This is legal
No, I would say it's not. Transporters can beam to themselves or from themselves, not from a different place to another different place.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I think you'll find theirs nothing to tech against, I run a different kind of dominion. :wink:

P.S. If your reply is seed Amanda protector and stock Uxbridge, my reply is seed a battle bridge and stock captains log. We'll have to agree to disagree....

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Proconsul Neral wrote:I think you'll find theirs nothing to tech against, I run a different kind of dominion. :wink:

P.S. If your reply is seed Amanda protector and stock Uxbridge, my reply is seed a battle bridge and stock captains log. We'll have to agree to disagree....
But seeding battle bridge and captains log requires making a deck that uses matching commanders or certain (or at least) more ships. There are many decks out there that do not need those and it will hamper or clutter their decks by adding them. Most of my decks never have matching commanders unless it’s a very specific deck.

My suggestions are far different than altering an entire deck structure to go against one deck archetype

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
DarkSabre wrote:
Proconsul Neral wrote:I think you'll find theirs nothing to tech against, I run a different kind of dominion. :wink:

But seeding battle bridge and captains log requires making a deck that uses matching commanders or certain (or at least) more ships. There are many decks out there that do not need those and it will hamper or clutter their decks by adding them. Most of my decks never have matching commanders unless it’s a very specific deck.

My suggestions are far different than altering an entire deck structure to go against one deck archetype

Huh? Who doesn't include matching commanders for defiant dedication plaque, how bizzare. Also dominion has it easier then anyone, vr headset makes Vorta matching and they have a Vorta who downloads it. Including matching commander is useful in any deck, ready room, make it so, captains log, defiant dedication plaque, etc. I can't comprehend not running matching commanders....

The battle bridge is useful in almost any deck, as battle is an extremely common occurrence. It's not just useful for dealing with battle decks, many decks can preform incidental battle to damage and hamper the opponents ships. Not to mention the battle bridge makes space dilemmas more lethal and troublesome.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Proconsul Neral wrote:
DarkSabre wrote:

Huh? Who doesn't include matching commanders for defiant dedication plaque, how bizzare. Also dominion has it easier then anyone, vr headset makes Vorta matching and they have a Vorta who downloads it. Including matching commander is useful in any deck, ready room, make it so, captains log, defiant dedication plaque, etc. I can't comprehend not running matching commanders....

The battle bridge is useful in almost any deck, as battle is an extremely common occurrence. It's not just useful for dealing with battle decks, many decks can preform incidental battle to damage and hamper the opponents ships. Not to mention the battle bridge makes space dilemmas more lethal and troublesome.
Take a look at the decks recently played in the past year and you’ll see most of us don’t. Again it’s all about the local meta: but I wouldn’t waste a seed slot on the what if I battle.

Amanda protector is very different where I am always seeing interrupts I want to negate. Same with Uxbridge and events. Oh how many times I want to negate time pod ring or bear knives or MACO...

In order to make sure I can tech against raptor on turn three I would need make it so seeded, a battle side deck, grabbing a unique ship and it’s commander, alone with getting out captains log and then hope that you don’t pull a better tactic? And then there is also tactic cards killing people on my ship but none in yours because you aren’t risking personnel because the ships aren’t really staffed. That is two lost seed slots and cards cluttering up somewhere and in need to get them out instead of focusing on my deck strategy.

Whereas Kevin & Amanda don’t interfere with my deck strategy and work well against all decks

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Guess this is a meta issue, different regions play the game differently. Still theirs no way to reliably stop invasive beam in. I would think making strategama stop invasive would be fair.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Proconsul Neral wrote:Guess this is a meta issue, different regions play the game differently. Still theirs no way to reliably stop invasive beam in. I would think making strategama stop invasive would be fair.
Nothing is 100% fullproof in this game. I would argue that Uxbridge is pretty close and there are many decks where the other solutions I listed would work very well.

I need to find out if the download for bearskin and stone knives is an appropriate response to someone beaming in and/or flipping captures

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Proconsul Neral wrote:Guess this is a meta issue, different regions play the game differently. Still theirs no way to reliably stop invasive beam in. I would think making strategama stop invasive would be fair.
Btw looking forward to our next game

Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]