This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Does Mas'uds ability to download Ceti Eel override its twice per turn play limit?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
sexecutioner wrote:Does Mas'uds ability to download Ceti Eel override its twice per turn play limit?
I think so because the twice per turn limit is on Ceti Eel itself while Mas'ud's text is separate and distinct.

It's 1e though, so I could totally be wrong on that.

By Mogh, Son Of Worf (Meinhard S. Rohr)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Swedish National Champion 2018
I think it does, but have the problem that I can't really support that claim.
That's why I never bring this, I can easily see a TD ruling Mas'ud to not override Ceti and me having no real case against that. I would love to have an official ruling.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
As a TD I would rule you can do this.

The reason I believe this is correct is because Mas'ud's download places the Ceti Eel directly onto the personnel he stuns. If the Ceti Eel was downloaded to the table (such as with a [DL] icon) then the answer would have been no.

The Ceti Eel twice-per-turn limitation only comes into play when you are using the game text on Ceti Eel to play it on a personnel.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
Carter should confirm this soon hopefully ;)
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Related to this question, can you use a ' [SD] download' during the opponent's turn?

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
Latok wrote:Related to this question, can you use a ' [SD] download' during the opponent's turn?
With this one, I'm sure that unless it specifies a response to an opponents action, it would only be during your turn.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
sexecutioner wrote:
Latok wrote:Related to this question, can you use a ' [SD] download' during the opponent's turn?
With this one, I'm sure that unless it specifies a response to an opponents action, it would only be during your turn.
I disagree. This download is a valid response to Mas'ud stunning an adversary. As such I don't think it matters whose turn it is when that happens (though unless your opponent is suicidal and starts a fight with him, I'm not sure how often it would come up).

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
Armus wrote:
sexecutioner wrote:
I disagree. This download is a valid response to Mas'ud stunning an adversary. As such I don't think it matters whose turn it is when that happens (though unless your opponent is suicidal and starts a fight with him, I'm not sure how often it would come up).
Yeah that's what I meant ;)

The 'only during your turn' downloads are stuff like Sunad/Reflection Therapy etc...

Anything that specifies a type of action should be allowed when the action happens, like Anij nulifying an interrupt during the opponents turn.

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]