This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:
jrch5618 wrote:Not a 2EBC thing, but is there a way to fix the database when you search for a trait with a ' in it like Jem'Hadar? It refuses to work if you're looking for a Jem'Hadar something or anything else with a apostrophe in it.
Unhappily tricky to fix, since those apostrophes have to get unescaped then reescaped. I think the new website handles this correctly, but the current website has gone back and forth on where escapes are added or stripped enough times that I'm dizzy.

Anyone who wants to take a look at the code is free to give it a shot. PM me.
UPDATE: Maelwys or eberlems appears to have fixed this while I wasn't looking.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:
jrch5618 wrote:Not a 2EBC thing, but is there a way to fix the database when you search for a trait with a ' in it like Jem'Hadar? It refuses to work if you're looking for a Jem'Hadar something or anything else with a apostrophe in it.
Unhappily tricky to fix, since those apostrophes have to get unescaped then reescaped. I think the new website handles this correctly, but the current website has gone back and forth on where escapes are added or stripped enough times that I'm dizzy.

Anyone who wants to take a look at the code is free to give it a shot. PM me.
UPDATE: Maelwys or eberlems appears to have fixed this while I wasn't looking.
Some of those traits were fixed. Not all. The Jem'Hadar First trait is still needing repair.

https://www.trekcc.org/1e/traits.php?se ... adar+First

Maybe some others too.

By Dunnagh (Andreas Micheel)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Contender
Could we mark the "no bc anmyore" somewhere in the rules section? Small document perhaps saying "ended in february because stuff" - returning players might have a hard time finding this information

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Cross-post: from here to here.
Dunnagh wrote:Could we mark the "no bc anmyore" somewhere in the rules section? Small document perhaps saying "ended in february because stuff" - returning players might have a hard time finding this information
Good idea. However, a remark on this might be suitable foremost for the FAQ page, which Jadzia is currently gathering inspiration for.
 -  
Community Contributor
Which rules section?

By Dunnagh (Andreas Micheel)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Contender
BCSWowbagger wrote:Which rules section?
Point is that the rules document is so big that you might take ages to find the bc rule - only to find there is none, leaving you with the question: can I use it? I´m not in the mood to look through the Organized Play guide to see if its there.

so: is it anywhere? It could just be a small sheet under the "rules resources" saying they no longer may be used.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Dunnagh wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:Which rules section?
Point is that the rules document is so big that you might take ages to find the bc rule - only to find there is none, leaving you with the question: can I use it? I´m not in the mood to look through the Organized Play guide to see if its there.

so: is it anywhere? It could just be a small sheet under the "rules resources" saying they no longer may be used.
Also -- is it something that we'd really want in the rulebook? Is it not more a matter of OP/card pool/format? (Format perhaps being something that partly -- or even fully -- belongs in the Rulebook.)
I think it should at least be (also) addressed in the FAQ.
 -  
Community Contributor
This seems like something that would theoretically be a perfect fit for my hypothetical "What's Changed Since I Last Played in XXXX?" feature, which I toyed with a few years ago but petered out.

Maybe with the new energy around the forum, it would be worth trying that project again.

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]