This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
jrch5618 wrote:I just hope this means that we'll stop seeing 2E-format cards under 'alt versions/personas', especially on Kira where there's a billion 2E Kiras and it's rather annoying.
Yes, this will be turned off.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
jadziadax8 wrote:According to the article, the conversion bar is a thing of the past. Charlie doesn’t say so explicitly, but it is implied.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
This is correct; there will be no more conversion bars added to cards, even if they would have had been marked in the past.

-crp
 -  
Community Contributor
I'll give technical notices as changes happen so people are aware of them.

On the 1E expansion list, 2EBC expansions have been pushed into their own category, "2EBC." This category has a notice at the top which includes links to the Converted Card List and the 2EBC Conversion Rules.

In the near future, 2EBC expansion links will leave the front page. So will the 2EBC rules documents. However, they will be permanently available here.

P.S. While I was in there, I added a converted/unconverted count to each set. So now you can see right away if a set has a bunch of conversions in it or not.

EDIT: The card search engine now searches for 1E cards by default. You can find 2E cards by changing the "Expansion Edition" option in the menu near the bottom.

2EBC will soon be has been removed altogether from the [ card1 ] forum search tag, but you can still link 2EBC cards from the forums using the [ card ] tag instead.
 -  
Community Contributor
Per consultation with the 1E Errata Lead, the last couple of 2EBC cards have been removed from the 1E OTF Ban List.

(That's Qol, Lascivious Lackey and Standard Orbit.)

These cards are still banned, mind you! Don't put them in your decks this month! But they've been removed from the ban list in preparation for the 2EBC severance in February.

Also, the ban list has been spruced up a little. New banner, new font, new handling for duplicate entries.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
BCSWowbagger wrote:Per consultation with the 1E Errata Lead, the last couple of 2EBC cards have been removed from the 1E OTF Ban List.

(That's Qol, Lascivious Lackey and Standard Orbit.)

These cards are still banned, mind you! Don't put them in your decks this month! But they've been removed from the ban list in preparation for the 2EBC severance in February.

Also, the ban list has been spruced up a little. New banner, new font, new handling for duplicate entries.

I can't wait to see someone post 'I used this card in a deck this month because it wasn't banned'
 -  
Community Contributor
DarkSabre wrote:I can't wait to see someone post 'I used this card in a deck this month because it wasn't banned'
The Brand Manager shares your concern! This has been reverted until the day-of. (I kept the new font and header, though.)
 -  
Community Contributor
jrch5618 wrote:I just hope this means that we'll stop seeing 2E-format cards under 'alt versions/personas', especially on Kira where there's a billion 2E Kiras and it's rather annoying.
This is implemented now. If you go to a 1E Kira page, you will see only her 1E relations and prints. If you do go to a 2EBC Kira page (via the card list, a deck list, or special search), you will be able to see her 2EBC relations and prints as well.

After this, there won't be much done for a while. All cards will have their legality status updated on February 4th, right at the end, which is also when the ban list will have 2EBC cards removed. Expansion icons will come off the home page pretty close to the last day (probably that final week), and the 2EBC rules documents will leave the front page then as well.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:
This is implemented now. If you go to a 1E Kira page, you will see only her 1E relations and prints. If you do go to a 2EBC Kira page (via the card list, a deck list, or special search), you will be able to see her 2EBC relations and prints as well.

After this, there won't be much done for a while. All cards will have their legality status updated on February 4th, right at the end, which is also when the ban list will have 2EBC cards removed. Expansion icons will come off the home page pretty close to the last day (probably that final week), and the 2EBC rules documents will leave the front page then as well.
It's beautiful. No 2EBC filth unless we're looking at a 2EBC card directly. And the new ban list makes much more sense, just listing the multiple icons side by side.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
jrch5618 wrote: It's beautiful. No 2EBC filth unless we're looking at a 2EBC card directly.
You know, it seems pretty obvious to me that this community is rather harshly divided on the point of 2EBC, with very strong feelings in each camp.

So I don't understand why people like you insist on using language like that, whose only purpose seems to be to rub salt into already raw wounds. The end result can be only more divisions, only more hostility, and only more hurt feelings.

I don't even like 2EBC, but at least I have the tact not to dance on the coffins of those who I disagree with.
 -  
Community Contributor
Side note to 2EBC fans: if there's anything I can do from a programming perspective to make this severance less painful / more convenient for you, please let me know, and I'll look into it.

I am doing my best to make sure that everything you've gotten used to is still available, just takes an extra step to access, even when that means some extra coding work for me. But if anything pops into your head as a feature I'm missing, please just say the word and I'll see what I can do.

By tomek
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:Side note to 2EBC fans: if there's anything I can do from a programming perspective to make this severance less painful / more convenient for you, please let me know, and I'll look into it.

I am doing my best to make sure that everything you've gotten used to is still available, just takes an extra step to access, even when that means some extra coding work for me. But if anything pops into your head as a feature I'm missing, please just say the word and I'll see what I can do.
I appreciate your effort... thanks...
 -  
Community Contributor
The 2EBC severance is complete.

The permanent home for 2EBC rules and cardlists is here: https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?pool=2ebc

They are no longer listed on the home page.

2EBC cards can still be found in Premium Deckbuilder by searching for them in Advanced Search.

2EBC cards can still be found in Basic Deckbuilder by selecting the new menu item "Second Edition Backwards Compatible (2EBC)."

I am reliably informed that the new version of the Organized Play Guide will include support for playing sanctioned events with "house rules" at Level 1 events, which presumably could include 2EBC cards for those who want to continue using them.

Again, please let me know if there's anything I missed and/or anything I can do to make this easier on 2EBC fans. But, as far as I know, no changes have been made to deprive 2EBC fans of any site functionality from this change: you can still find 2EBC cards, put 2EBC cards in your decks, read the 2EBC rules, and peruse 2EBC card relationships. There's just an extra step involved, as the default views are all 1E-only.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:The 2EBC severance is complete.

The permanent home for 2EBC rules and cardlists is here: https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?pool=2ebc

2EBC cards can still be found in Premium Deckbuilder by searching for them in Advanced Search.

2EBC cards can still be found in Basic Deckbuilder by selecting the new menu item "Second Edition Backwards Compatible (2EBC)."

I am reliably informed that the new version of the Organized Play Guide will include support for playing sanctioned events with "house rules" at Level 1 events, which presumably could include 2EBC cards for those who want to continue using them.

Again, please let me know if there's anything I missed and/or anything I can do to make this easier on 2EBC fans. But, as far as I know, no changes have been made to deprive 2EBC fans of any site functionality from this change: you can still find 2EBC cards, put 2EBC cards in your decks, read the 2EBC rules, and peruse 2EBC card relationships. There's just an extra step involved, as the default views are all 1E-only.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:The 2EBC severance is complete.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! My beloved 1E stands alone again.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation