This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
The search engine has already been updated to suppress 2EBC by default. You can change this by EXPLICITLY setting the Expansion Edition option to include 2EBC.

If you are seeing 2EBC without explicitly searching for them, let me know which and what the search terms were.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:The search engine has already been updated to suppress 2EBC by default. You can change this by EXPLICITLY setting the Expansion Edition option to include 2EBC.

If you are seeing 2EBC without explicitly searching for them, let me know which and what the search terms were.
I'm not. But they do show up if I use the "random card" feature. And also the engine contains a few 2E things not needed anymore, like the skill "Intelligence". Are those going to remain or be removed?

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:The search engine has already been updated to suppress 2EBC by default. You can change this by EXPLICITLY setting the Expansion Edition option to include 2EBC.

I'm not. But they do show up if I use the "random card" feature. And also the engine contains a few 2E things not needed anymore, like the skill "Intelligence". Are those going to remain or be removed?
Some dilemmas and missions call for 'any Intelligence' so it's relevant in that case.

The only thing that truly has no place is the 'Smuggler' trait that I can think of.
 -  
Community Contributor
Takket's right about Intelligence: the skill-searcher doesn't search for "any Intelligence," but solely for the 2EBC skill "Intelligence."

Fun fact: no 2EBC cards actually had Intelligence. The only reason 1E rules had to deal with it is B-4 could gain it under certain circumstances. The search has never returned any results for it.

I have removed it and fixed the random card thing.

I forgot about Smuggler and will look again at it now.
 -  
Community Contributor
Smuggler is no longer part of the database (only Galen cared about it).

Ditto the 2EBC trait Bajoran Resistance (used by Militia Patrol and Just Like Old Times and -- notoriously -- NOT equivalent to [SD] Resistance ).

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Not a 2EBC thing, but is there a way to fix the database when you search for a trait with a ' in it like Jem'Hadar? It refuses to work if you're looking for a Jem'Hadar something or anything else with a apostrophe in it.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
jrch5618 wrote:Not a 2EBC thing, but is there a way to fix the database when you search for a trait with a ' in it like Jem'Hadar? It refuses to work if you're looking for a Jem'Hadar something or anything else with a apostrophe in it.
+1.

TK

By tomek
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:I'll give technical notices as changes happen so people are aware of them.

On the 1E expansion list, 2EBC expansions have been pushed into their own category, "2EBC." This category has a notice at the top which includes links to the Converted Card List and the 2EBC Conversion Rules.

In the near future, 2EBC expansion links will leave the front page. So will the 2EBC rules documents. However, they will be permanently available here.

P.S. While I was in there, I added a converted/unconverted count to each set. So now you can see right away if a set has a bunch of conversions in it or not.

EDIT: The card search engine now searches for 1E cards by default. You can find 2E cards by changing the "Expansion Edition" option in the menu near the bottom.

2EBC will soon be has been removed altogether from the [ card1 ] forum search tag, but you can still link 2EBC cards from the forums using the [ card ] tag instead.
Is there a button I can push in the Online Deck Builder that lets me include 2EBC cards in my decks.
I'm putting a deck together for a "Legacy" OTF tournament, and I can't figure out how to add 2EBC cards to my deck.

Thanks
 -  
Community Contributor
For sure.

In Premium Deck Builder, just select Advanced Search --> Expansion Edition --> Both Combined. Then enter your search criteria in the rest of the Advanced Search form and press Search.

In Basic Deck Builder, scroll down in the Card Type menu to Second Edition Backwards Compatible (2EBC), then it will load all of them, so take your pick.

When you run Deck Check, it will tell you your deck is illegal in all formats. It is up to your group which 2ebc cards to allow and whether or not to allow the use of the unconverted versions of 2ebc cards.

By tomek
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:For sure.

In Premium Deck Builder, just select Advanced Search --> Expansion Edition --> Both Combined. Then enter your search criteria in the rest of the Advanced Search form and press Search.

In Basic Deck Builder, scroll down in the Card Type menu to Second Edition Backwards Compatible (2EBC), then it will load all of them, so take your pick.

When you run Deck Check, it will tell you your deck is illegal in all formats. It is up to your group which 2ebc cards to allow and whether or not to allow the use of the unconverted versions of 2ebc cards.
Thanks Much! :D

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  

I would suggest that it may be worth adding a special scenario button for the deck. As after all this decision was rather close when it was made to cut them out

By tomek
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Mogor wrote:

I would suggest that it may be worth adding a special scenario button for the deck. As after all this decision was rather close when it was made to cut them out
"Legacy" OTF is nothing more than Standard OTF plus the unbanned unconverted 2EBC cards prior to the 2EBC 'big ban'.

It basically allows the use of all unconverted 2EBC cards with the exception of Standard Orbit and Qol.

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
The icons section of the deckbuilder still has an entry for " [OS] or [CF] ", which was only implemented because it was the conversion of the 2E [TOS] icon. It can go away now.
 -  
Community Contributor
eberlems wrote:Temporal Keyword was removed too, but there still are some "Temporal card" cards.
Fixed.
commdecker wrote:The icons section of the deckbuilder still has an entry for " [OS] or [CF] ", which was only implemented because it was the conversion of the 2E [TOS] icon. It can go away now.
Fixed.
jrch5618 wrote:Not a 2EBC thing, but is there a way to fix the database when you search for a trait with a ' in it like Jem'Hadar? It refuses to work if you're looking for a Jem'Hadar something or anything else with a apostrophe in it.
Unhappily tricky to fix, since those apostrophes have to get unescaped then reescaped. I think the new website handles this correctly, but the current website has gone back and forth on where escapes are added or stripped enough times that I'm dizzy.

Anyone who wants to take a look at the code is free to give it a shot. PM me.
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]