This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 125 posts
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hello First Edition fans! I want to know what you are all looking forward to for 1E in 2019. Does a particular set have you excited? Is there a character, card, or story you really want to see make it to print? A card you're hoping gets an AI?

-crp

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Well it might seem minor and I'm not even sure how it could happen but I'd love to see personnel cards for Megan and Jenny Delaney i.e. the real people behind The Twin Mistresses of Evil.

More [1E-DQ] help would be great I think, considering it's had very little attention aside from The Gift.

A Beverly Crusher that can command the Enterprise would be neat. As would a Jadzia Dax that can command the Defiant.

The rest of the All Good Things personnel would be good to finally get to go with Admiral Riker, Beverly Picard and Govenor Worf (who needs a non-treaty way to work with the Federation I think, maybe an Incident of sorts to accompany the remaining personnel). A Timeless Odo would be good too I think. Chakotay and Harry Kim from the alternate timeline that got them home, along with Captain LaForge. Really I think any [1E-AU] version of a main character would be great too see. I know Battleship Enterprise and crew have been mentioned by me a couple times already lol.

I hope that Project Annika gets back on track, that one sounded neat.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I'm looking forward to seeing what's in the works: like the TOS Set coming.

Along the "wish list" lines I would love to see some love for Nors to try and make them more workable. Some teams would be fun (like Enterprise C, Future, etc). Really though I love the little themed boutiques like the recent Dax one and the random personnel in sets that plug "holes" for affiliations or strategies.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
More stuff back from the ban list!

I don't even care what, as long as any errata is good and retains the spirit and basic functionality of the original!

Ooo, which reminds me...

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
BCSWowbagger wrote:More stuff back from the ban list!

I don't even care what, as long as any errata is good and retains the spirit and basic functionality of the original!

Ooo, which reminds me...

This. And hopeful to finally see the Dominion War arc truly represented in the cards to bolster the entire DS9 block.

But for things announced really excited for TOS.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Excited to see what TOS brings, though I more excited for TMP/CF.

I think some things to fill in the gaps for DS9 would be nice, especially RtS decks.

I would definitely like to see a 1E Okona personnel, his ship, and an engine that makes Cargo Runs fun/doable.

~D
Last edited by HoodieDM on Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 -  
Community Contributor
As Conan would say - to crush 2E, see them driven before us, and hear the lamentations of their players. All else is details.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
AllenGould wrote:As Conan would say - to crush 2E, see them driven before us, and hear the lamentations of their players. All else is details.
Can we at least spare Tribbles in our quest for edition dominance?
 -  
Community Contributor
Boffo97 wrote:
AllenGould wrote:As Conan would say - to crush 2E, see them driven before us, and hear the lamentations of their players. All else is details.
Can we at least spare Tribbles in our quest for edition dominance?
Tribbles is on 1E templates, so we can spare them.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
In no particular order:

- to the sets that have already been announced
- a serious return to both the Warrior and Annika projects
- more love for the DQ affiliations
- more love for DS9
- as an extension to above, more Dominion War
- more cards to encourage more interaction. By that I mean .. the game has paced itself to try for a 2 mission win as quickly as possible. That's fine. But Im wondering if its possible to push battle, capture, infiltration, etc, etc more to the front lines and have them used more often.

Just my :twocents: :twocents:
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
I believe as much as the 2019 community looks forward to and enjoys new cards, there's also a HUGE need for direction/ideas of what to do with these new cards.

I would love to see a front page article series that focuses on relatively simple, yet competitive 1E deck builds for the factions/affiliations using the current card pool and meta.

Any chance someone like Ken Tufts (or Ken Tufts?) and one of this community's terrific writers would collaborate on this?

This 1E'er would greatly appreciate it!

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
jjh wrote:I believe as much as the 2019 community looks forward to and enjoys new cards, there's also a HUGE need for direction/ideas of what to do with these new cards.

This 1E'er would greatly appreciate it!

Yeah I sort of alluded to that in my last post. Great minds ... or something :D
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
AllenGould wrote:hear the lamentations of their players.
No. Not more of their endless whining....

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

Deck Design Strategy

I agree with @stressedoutatumc . The way I like[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]