This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 125 posts

By Mogh, Son Of Worf (Meinhard S. Rohr)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Swedish National Champion 2018
Armus wrote: Yeah, but that requires playing Block. :P
TNG block was great. They dropped the ball with DS9 block, but that is mainly because quadrants are a pain in the ass in 1E. Mirror block (just mirror) could have been good again, but nobody cared any more. For block, you need a simple game with one simple spaceline. If it gets rebooted in Delta, without any other quadrants, it would work again. The problem with TNG was just that the decks were so good that they were actually still the best decks in complete, which should not be the case in my opinion. You could also reboot TNG and give block-only original versions of CM and AAH (block-only cards would be a good idea, anyway)

By karnstein
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:Hello First Edition fans! I want to know what you are all looking forward to for 1E in 2019. Does a particular set have you excited? Is there a character, card, or story you really want to see make it to print? A card you're hoping gets an AI?

-crp

I’m looking forward to Project En Garde and the upcoming WotC.

Also, I’m excited about the exploratory projects (Babylon, Warrior, Annika), which, understandably, may not generate anything specific this year (or ever).

I’m hoping to see that the release of starter decks continues—a Vulcan starter would be terrific!

Most of all, however, I want to see this community’s generous, respectful goodwill continue. This is the most helpful and friendly online community I know, and the people I’ve met at various events have always been great company (which, among other things, this is a wonderful testament to Rollie Tesh’s legacy).

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:I tend to think that some defensive tech should be seedable for free at a cost. For instance, you can seed Battle Bridge Door for free, but the ATTACK bonus on all your tactics is treated as 0 and your tactics with 35%+ HULL damage are nullified.
Yes, something like that called maybe "Doctrine of Non-Agression", or even just some more defensive tactics that will get you out of things like facing down a giant armada.

very rough example
Friendly Fire(Tactic)
Attack -4 Defense 4. If opponent has two or more ships attacking each ship beyond the first (your choice) takes [Flip] [Flip].

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Trying to get back to the "What are we looking forward to?".

[SD] Playing the game again somehow.
[SD] TOS block or sets
[SD] Trying out lots of cards I missed ignoring the game for 2-3 years(durn children being born!)
[SD] The new Dilemmas coming out regardless of set (my favorite card type)
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
geraldkw wrote: [SD] Trying out lots of cards I missed ignoring the game for 2-3 years(durn children being
Congratulations!

It gets better. I had a couple of lost years around 2010-11.
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]