This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Forgive me, I am new to using sites.

According to Ops, Compatible OFFICER-classification personnel may report here. Any player may, in place of their normal card play, download to an unopposed site on this station one card which may play there (if reporting a ship or personnel, must be of matching affiliation); player draws no cards that turn. Any Computer Skill personnel unopposed here may commandeer station.

My question is with regards to matching affiliation. Since all nors, with the exception of Empok Nor, are either [Fed], [Baj], or [Car], I presume that means that only personnel from whichever of these 3 above affiliations is in control may download an OFFICER to Ops? In other words, [NA] OFFICERs may not download here, but may report here. I presume by the same reasoning, [NA] OFFICERs can DL to Empok Nor Ops though?

Thanks in advance!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote:Forgive me, I am new to using sites.

According to Ops, Compatible OFFICER-classification personnel may report here. Any player may, in place of their normal card play, download to an unopposed site on this station one card which may play there (if reporting a ship or personnel, must be of matching affiliation); player draws no cards that turn. Any Computer Skill personnel unopposed here may commandeer station.

My question is with regards to matching affiliation. Since all nors, with the exception of Empok Nor, are either [Fed], [Baj], or [Car], I presume that means that only personnel from whichever of these 3 above affiliations is in control may download an OFFICER to Ops? In other words, [NA] OFFICERs may not download here, but may report here. I presume by the same reasoning, [NA] OFFICERs can DL to Empok Nor Ops though?

Thanks in advance!
You have the basics. Nor, Alliance Nor, and Terok Nor are [Car] , Deep Space 9 is [Baj] . Mirror Terok Nor is either [Fed] or [Car] but thanks to Ops: Mirror Universe the [Fed] side is also effectively [TE] and the [Car] side is also effectively [KCA].

Those are the default affiliations (and factions) that can be Ops Downloaded when any of the above are seeded.

But wait! There's more!

When you comandeer a Nor, it's affiliation changes to match that of one of the personnel commandeering it. You can't commandeer your own Nor, but if your opponent seeds any of the above and you take it over with, say, Romulans, then you now have a [Rom] Nor and can Ops download [Rom] personnel to the sites.

Now it's not reasonable in most cases to assume that your opponent will seed a Nor and leave it unattended for you to commandeer. That's not practical. That's where Empok Nor gets fun. Because it seeds uncontrolled, meaning you can commandeer it and when you do it becomes the affiliation of your choice. Thus, if you want a [NA] (or [Kli] or [Rom] or whatever) Nor to do Ops Download shenanigans, that's the way to go.

Hope that helps. Good luck! :cheersL:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
It most certainly does. Now to muddy things further...

If I have a treaty in play, I presume that the treaty still does not allow me to DL a non matching Officer to OPS, although it may still report normally?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote:It most certainly does. Now to muddy things further...

If I have a treaty in play, I presume that the treaty still does not allow me to DL a non matching Officer to OPS, although it may still report normally?
Not muddy at all. That's exactly the right take.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
I also presume OPS is the first site you need to occupy to keep your station safe too?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote:I also presume OPS is the first site you need to occupy to keep your station safe too?
Well yeah. Generally.

However there's ways around it.

Deep Space 9 and [Fed] Mirror Terok Nor (with An Important Victory) have access to Contain Boarding Parties and anyone can seed Sisko 197 Subroutine to buy time and [1E-DS9] Cardassians (including [KCA] ) have access to Greater Glory of Cardassia which protects [Car] Nors in the early game and gives you time to build up.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
I have been looking at some of these cards already. You have definitely answered all my question most thoroughly. :cheersL: :cheersR:

Thanks again!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote:I have been looking at some of these cards already. You have definitely answered all my question most thoroughly. :cheersL: :cheersR:

Thanks again!
Glad I could help. Best of luck with your deck! :cheersL:

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Nors/sites are a bit of complex beast. But, once you get it down, they can be super fun.

I am still in favour of them getting a bit of treatment to streamline a bit but that's for another thread :)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Armus wrote:
Professor Scott wrote:I have been looking at some of these cards already. You have definitely answered all my question most thoroughly. :cheersL: :cheersR:

Thanks again!
Glad I could help. Best of luck with your deck! :cheersL:
Technically it is not mine. I am modifying MidnightLich's Ladies Deck.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Se7enofMine wrote:Nors/sites are a bit of complex beast. But, once you get it down, they can be super fun.

I am still in favour of them getting a bit of treatment to streamline a bit but that's for another thread :)
OK, so I am confused about playing personnel on a Nor. I thought you can only play personnel at sites that allow them. The deck I am modifying has civilians with no other classifications or skills matching sites in it (example = Vash), but I don't see a site that allows her to be played in the deck. Am I missing something or should there be a site for her to report to?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I looked at that deck for three minutes and I figured out most of them, but Vash and Lela have me stumped. I feel like maybe the seeded Guest Quarters is supposed to be Promenade Shops?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
BCSWowbagger wrote:I looked at that deck for three minutes and I figured out most of them, but Vash and Lela have me stumped. I feel like maybe the seeded Guest Quarters is supposed to be Promenade Shops?
OK make much more sense.

@Brad are you Brad Snyder?

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a di[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]