This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Maelwys wrote:
eberlems wrote:How about adding the DRG or Glossary entry directly into the card database and add one page(/export to one pdf) for all entries?
Then the entries are fast to find and faster to edit than one big file.

I used to use the DRG quite often during my active 1E times.
Good news... that's exactly the way it exists already. ;-)

Go to any dilemma page in the database and you should see a DRG entry link at the bottom.
Suggestion: Don't put it so low. I'd put it right above or below the space where the "errata" notification is at.

~D
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
Maelwys wrote:
eberlems wrote:How about adding the DRG or Glossary entry directly into the card database and add one page(/export to one pdf) for all entries?
Then the entries are fast to find and faster to edit than one big file.

I used to use the DRG quite often during my active 1E times.
Good news... that's exactly the way it exists already. ;-)

Go to any dilemma page in the database and you should see a DRG entry link at the bottom.
I thought in the line on adding the text itself, not just a link. And I overlooked the links too.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
If it weren't for the DRG, I wouldn't have known that Dilemmas like Zaldan fizzle away if the Dip ain't there :)

(I'm looking at you Stu Marsh) :D

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
We need to keep it going. It's fine in its current incarnation - just need to keep it updated for new dilemmas that get released.

I use it all the time and am kinda disappointed when new dilemmas don't have it.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Particularly for new dilemmas, doesn't the DRG just restate what the dilemma already says? (Since modern dilemmas are already pretty clear about what they mean?)

Seriously, which dilemmas are people looking up? Dead End? Rules of Obedience? Medical Crisis?

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I use it seldom but that may be because it isn't update very much. If there was an elegant way to fold it into the glossary or rules I think that would be my vote. But it doesn't bother me either ...

If enough people use it regularly we should overhaul it (from scratch?) and feature it more prominently.

:twocents:

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I often look up dilemmas that I’m about to fail in case it’s one of the ones that are going to get discarded due to lack of targets for reasons I don’t understand. (I think the last dilemma I had to look up was Spatial Rift, for this reason. And I assume that even post-errata, it doesn’t get discarded due to lack of targets if only one personnel is in the crew/AT, but it would be nice to have DRG entries updated when the corresponding card gets errata.
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
I LOVE the DRG.

My only disappointment with it is when I go to look up a dilemma, and it is not listed. Then it just wasted my time and failed on a reasonable expectation.

So if it isn't managed and updated with each expansion/batch of new dilemmas (or new rulings), it's a Bad Document.

Johnny
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
jjh wrote:I LOVE the DRG.

My only disappointment with it is when I go to look up a dilemma, and it is not listed. Then it just wasted my time and failed on a reasonable expectation.

So if it isn't managed and updated with each expansion/batch of new dilemmas (or new rulings), it's a Bad Document.

Johnny
Agreed, and a big part of starting this thread and discussion was to find out if and how people are using it. If nobody was, then it wouldn't be worth maintaining. Since it seems pretty clear that people are, we should prioritize keeping it current.

-crp
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
I will try to get myself back to writing them, anyone who wants to help PM me

By karnstein
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:Do you use the Dilemma Resolution Guide (DRG)?
If yes, how often do you use it?
If no, why don't you use it?

If the DRG didn't exist, how would you find out answers to dilemma-questions?
What would make it easier for you to use the DRG?
I check the DRG when we have some uncertainty about resolving a dilemma encounter, which probably happens at least once during every three or so games.

If the DRG doesn’t answer the question, I check the Glossary (and we are starting to get in the habit of using the new Rules document first for any questions).

The DRG would be easier to use if it more more comprehensive and current.

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]