This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By harry696
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Will Virtual Previews 59P, 60P, 61P, 62P, 69P, 70P and 70*P ever become printable?

These cards have been released years ago and cards appear as Alternate Prints or Personae Versions on numerous database pages, however only exist with the TCC logo.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Several of these should be printable. I should also note that most of their black border versions are printable already. I'll work on this.

-crp

By Klauser
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
A question about the numbering on the preview cards.

It looks like the current preview card numbering starts the end of the Decipher Era expansions with the "All Good Things" expansion (1P - 40P), then the Enterprise Collection (41- 58). All the later previews (59P - 70P) are The Continuing Committee previews.

Does anyone on the message boards recall why Decipher chose to not number the earlier previews? Here's what I've found from my collection/research on this website:

- 1st Anthology - 6 Previews
- Deep Space Nine - 1 Preview
- The Dominion - 4 Previews

To add to the confusion, the cards in the following Decipher releases were also labled as Previews, but never released in later Decipher expansions:

- Introductory Two-Player Edition
- Fajo Collection
- OTSD
- Starter Deck II
- Enhanced First Contact
- 2nd Anthology
- Enhanced Premiere

Not to mention the odd small releases:
- Data Laughing (also included in Introductory Two-Player Edition)
- Warp Pack (early WB95 Premier and AU cards)
- Away Team Pack
- U.S.S. Jupiter

I'd appreciate any insights you might have ...

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Klauser wrote:A question about the numbering on the preview cards.

It looks like the current preview card numbering starts the end of the Decipher Era expansions with the "All Good Things" expansion (1P - 40P), then the Enterprise Collection (41- 58). All the later previews (59P - 70P) are The Continuing Committee previews.

Does anyone on the message boards recall why Decipher chose to not number the earlier previews? Here's what I've found from my collection/research on this website:

- 1st Anthology - 6 Previews
- Deep Space Nine - 1 Preview
- The Dominion - 4 Previews

To add to the confusion, the cards in the following Decipher releases were also labled as Previews, but never released in later Decipher expansions:

- Introductory Two-Player Edition
- Fajo Collection
- OTSD
- Starter Deck II
- Enhanced First Contact
- 2nd Anthology
- Enhanced Premiere

Not to mention the odd small releases:
- Data Laughing (also included in Introductory Two-Player Edition)
- Warp Pack (early WB95 Premier and AU cards)
- Away Team Pack
- U.S.S. Jupiter

I'd appreciate any insights you might have ...
As far as Introductory Games to Enhanced, I don't recall these being labeled as previews, nor the odd small releases. As for the first four that was when, to my knowledge, promo releases weren't quiet as normal to see as they are nowadays in card games.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
"P" got used as the abbreviation for both Preview and Premium cards. (I'm not sure Decipher ever referred to "Promo" cards.)

So the First Anthology cards are Premium (you got the fixed pack of six in every box), and also Preview (they're white-bordered versions of cards that would be released in later sets). The ones from DS9 and the Dominion are Preview, but not Premium (no guarantee you'll get one). And the others you listed are Premium, but not Preview.

But wait! There's more!

Warp Pack had 12 white-bordered cards, 7 from Premiere (effectively indistinguishable from the 1995 "Beta" print of Premiere), 4 from Alternate Universe (effectively white-border previews, as the set was not out yet), and 1 from the Introductory Two-Player Game (effectively a preview, but also indistinguishable from the later product where it was also white-bordered). According to Decipher these all held a Common rarity.

The Introductory Two-Player Game was just weird. The two decks are white-bordered and the two Premium packs are black-bordered. Spock is also Premium, but he's part of the Federation deck so he gets a white border. There are a number of Commons reprinted from Alternate Universe with white borders. And there are a number of missions exclusive to this set, white-bordered because they too are part of the decks, which this site lists as Premium but Decipher filed under Common.

Bonus: The Fajo Collection really should be Premium (each binder has the same 18 cards), but Decipher referred to them as Super Rare, probably for marketing purposes.

As for Decipher not numbering them, they didn't number anything until The Trouble with Tribbles. (Remember they didn't do expansion icons either until First Contact.) The Enhanced Premiere promos did have numbers, 1 P through 21 P. (Extra bonus: Enhanced Premiere "Premium" cards were randomized!) They restarted the numbering for All Good Things, presumably because they treated it as a cohesive set, with its own expansion icon and everything. The bigger question is why they continued the numbering with the Enterprise Collection and just used the standard Premium icon.

By Klauser
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Can'tDriveFactorFive wrote: ... As for Decipher not numbering them, they didn't number anything until The Trouble with Tribbles. (Remember they didn't do expansion icons either until First Contact.)
Excellent point - I knew about the numbering but didn't factor that when I wrote that post - thank you!!
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]