This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
AllenGould wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote: That still rules out the Aamaazerites, though. :)
*pushes glasses up nose* I think you meant Aaamazzarite? :P

And there's two images of them on MemAlpha, so we're almost caught up to some of the [1E-DQ] affiliations in terms of image references!
You're not wrong, but I'm really not sure pointing to Kazon or Vidiians is a very good way to strengthen your argument... :shifty:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
edgeofhearing wrote:
jrch5618 wrote:Cheron (Let That Be Your Last Battlefield) sounds like a great idea.
I second (or third or fourth or wherever we are on that) this nomination.
As those who have read the previous thread know, I'm also (heavily) nominating Cheron. I hate seeing episodes with no cards from them, and Let That Be Your Last Battlefield seems to me ideal for this challenge. Plus both the planet and the two potential personnel have interesting gameplay/treksense possibilities.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
MattgomeryScott wrote:
edgeofhearing wrote:
jrch5618 wrote:Cheron (Let That Be Your Last Battlefield) sounds like a great idea.
I second (or third or fourth or wherever we are on that) this nomination.
As those who have read the previous thread know, I'm also (heavily) nominating Cheron. I hate seeing episodes with no cards from them, and Let That Be Your Last Battlefield seems to me ideal for this challenge. Plus both the planet and the two potential personnel have interesting gameplay/treksense possibilities.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
I'd make the same case for The Omega Glory. No 1e cards from that episode, a strong character in Tracey or some interesting [NA] [OS] Possibilities, Cloud William foremost among them (anti-capture tech anyone?)

Alternatively, I nominated the Malkotian Planet because Old West TOS bridge crew personae could be a lot of fun - Billy Claiborne Chekov, anyone? :wink:
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Armus wrote:Alternatively, I nominated the Malkotian Planet because Old West TOS bridge crew personae could be a lot of fun - Billy Claiborne Chekov, anyone? :wink:
Fun fact, he was in the Project Delenn for most of its life. He ended up not making the cut, but for a while we (the Delenn design team) thought the same thing as you!

-crp
 -  
Prophet
GooeyChewie wrote:Would planets which appeared in The Animated Series be considered? Asking for a friend (of the devil).
At this time, we are not pulling material from the Animated Series except for Tribbles. So you can nominate such a planet, but only if it appeared in Star Trek as well.

-crp

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Nimbus III plus Sybok-fun. Sybok and related peps for free to planet and a dl for Galactic Peace during seed phase there. That would be fun :) . Unfortunately it's not 23rd century...

So my vote goes for: Velara III and make Terraforming Station great again :) .
 -  
Prophet
Caretaker's Guest wrote:Nimbus III plus Sybok-fun. Sybok and related peps for free to planet and a dl for Galactic Peace during seed phase there. That would be fun :) . Unfortunately it's not 23rd century...

So my vote goes for: Velara III and make Terraforming Station great again :) .
Nimbus III would be 23rd century, I believe. It generally encompasses the [OS] and [CF] eras. But the personnel from ST5 would be [CF] and thus could only use the bonus point function of Preserver Obelisk.

-crp

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
MidnightLich wrote:At this time, we are not pulling material from the Animated Series except for Tribbles. So you can nominate such a planet, but only if it appeared in Star Trek as well.

-crp
It was worth a try. There's an argument to be made that Sha Ka Ree and Megas-Tu are the same planet*, but I won't press my luck.

*Both The Magicks of Megas-Tu and Star Trek V involve the Enterprise going through a great energy barrier to get to galactic center. "God" being a Megan would explain how he does what he does, why he needs a starship to leave the planet and why he seems to know about Earth culture, since Lucien visited earth in the late 1600s and likely inspired some of the same mythology. It even explains why Kirk takes the both the great barrier and the existence of "God" and his powers in stride. He's seen it all before.
Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tournament[…]

Jared Hoffman FW Mathew McCalpin 100-12

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't comma[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon arr[…]