This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Armus wrote:
AllenGould wrote:Obviously we should start at the beginning, with Aaamazzara.

(From The Motion Picture).
Is that eligible? Strikes me as more [CF] than [OS]

Does that matter?
Didn't say it needed to be [OS], just that it had to exist in both the 23rd and 24th centuries. ;)

By Klauser
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
As a Klingon enthusiast I was sorely tempted to nominate Organia (S1 Errand of Mercy) and Beta XII-A (S3 Day of the Dove), but I suspect the development team is already mining those episodes to fill out the TOS Klingons for the block. (Trivia point: The Day of the Dove is the only TOS episode that shows Klingon women - two of them!)

So ... my nominations are:

Elba II from Season 3's "Whom Gods Destroy". Possible personnel: Lord Garth and Green Batgirl ... er ... Marta.

Excalbia from Season 3's "The Savage Curtain". Possible personnel: Yarnek and his recreated enemies team: TOS Kahless, Colonel Green, Genghis Khan, and Zora.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
My two picks:

#1 Shore Leave Planet / Amusement Park Planet : "Shore Leave"
This could allow a lot of fun text related cards inc dilemmas and such. Get some Love Interests going or Male/Female bonuses. BUT mainly bc we need a Yeoman Tonia Barrows.

#2 Metron Arena : "Arena"
This is probably one of the most iconic scenes recognized by non-hardcore Trek fans of Kirk vs the Gorn. So it would be fun for player interactions.

~D
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 -  
Community Contributor
HoodieDM wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:Worth remembering that the plan is to make a personnel native to the mission.
Cannot it just mean the person's text mentions the planet, rather than just be "native" as in "from" the planet?
Sorry, yes. Force of habit. Internally, we refer to these personnel as "natives" and various iterations of Preserver Obelisk since last spring have sometimes required them to be actual natives from the planet.

But that's no longer the case. I'll still personally be plumping for us to to do real natives (since I think [OS] [Fed] post-Delenn will have, IMO, pretty much everything it will ever need, while [OS] [NA] still have a lot more blanks to fill in), but WotC can do whatever it wants as long as there's somebody who can plausibly name the planet in lore.

That still rules out the Aamaazerites, though. :)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:(since I think [OS] [Fed] post-Delenn will have, IMO, pretty much everything it will ever need, while [OS] [NA] still have a lot more blanks to fill in),
Out of curiosity, what do you specifically, and the Project Delenn Design team generally think is currently missing from [OS] [Fed] ? Given their skill dense personnel and access to myriad skills at [DL] speed, it's not like they didn't already have competitive options...
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 -  
Community Contributor
Out of curiosity, what do you specifically, and the Project Delenn Design team generally think is currently missing from [OS] [Fed] ? Given their skill dense personnel and access to myriad skills at [DL] speed, it's not like they didn't already have competitive options...
This is getting into Design Q&A territory, and I can only speak for myself, not the whole team. But it's a valid question that sheds light on the WotC, so...

Speaking only for myself, I will say that I joined Project Delenn in June 2017 (though it wasn't announced for a long while after), and so you should not be stunned to learn that this tournament report from August 2017 ended up guiding a lot of my thinking over the following 18 months.

TLDR: they need universals, they need ways to function without relying on the MQ or whatever, they need incentives to stay in-faction (and NOT supplement with the MQ or whatever), and they need a bit of help with their native ships, which are tougher to protect than Starfleet's.

Anything beyond that is gravy on an already-powerful faction -- but, hey, a little gravy can be fun, as long as it's not escalation.

At one point, I suggested we cut every Blue noun from Delenn and just leave them the generic [OS] block toys to fix their basic problems. Then the whole rest of the set would revolve around various [NA] [OS] factions and making them work together. This was a bad idea (Feds need those universals, and there are community expectations around star power and "iconic" blue characters that must be met), but the thought experiment was instructive for me, at least. Ultimately, it's looking like Delenn nouns will be about 2/3 blue, 1/3 gold, and 1 ??????? delicious surprise ????????

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Cheron (Let That Be Your Last Battlefield) sounds like a great idea.

And maybe Gateway (City on the Edge of Forever). Yes, it already exists - maybe a mission persona where we could have the time-travelers cite Gateway in text like a new version of McCoy.
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote: That still rules out the Aamaazerites, though. :)
*pushes glasses up nose* I think you meant Aaamazzarite? :P

And there's two images of them on MemAlpha, so we're almost caught up to some of the [1E-DQ] affiliations in terms of image references!

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]