This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
We've done best and worst cards. Now, on to the cards we can't play.

Which card do you want to come off the ban list today, with no further changes?

(No "it just needs one tweak" answers please. :) )
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
I'll take the easy (and cheap) answer: Qol (Lascivious Lackey).

:shifty:

Real answer: I don't think Senior Staff Meeting has ever been as rude as it's reputation, or more precisely - I think SSM encourages diversity in dilemma combos and it'd be good to have that in play again.
 -  
Community Contributor
I think both What Does God Need With A Starship? and Dixon Hill could come off the ban list unchanged, but I'd rather see Dixon Hill come back so he could go in my TNG War Council / Merc Raider deck.

So Dixon Hill is my pick.

(I'm recusing myself from Romulan Minefield, because it's a card I worked on. But Mogor makes a good point that the errata for IDIC: Power of the High Command helped a lot with the abuse of the Minefield.)

I've also been debating with myself: could Black Hole come back unchanged? In a standard game where each player gets 10 turns, even if you put the Black Hole in play Turn 1, it'll only eat two "real" missions. OTOH, losing an entire mission is incredibly devastating if it happens to be, say, your HQ. So I'm going back and forth on that one.

(For this exercise, ignore Examine Singularity, which may need work of its own when BH comes back, but we're never going to know how much until after BH returns and is in the environment for a bit.)

I like the idea of bringing back Sheliak, too, but I always wanted to put a requirement on it to cure it before it arrives so you'd at least have a chance to save the planet. And that's a tweak, so...

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Senior Staff Meeting and Q's Planet together. They can solve all the space missions they want and see where that gets them. BWAHAHAHA!

Seriously though, I think SSM isn't too bad. It does force you to have the classifications to make it work so it's similar to cards like Dig that requires nouns for the verb to work.

geraldkw
I am just coming back to the game after a long time. "It's not my fault, sir, please don't Deactivation me."
 -  
Community Contributor
If SSM comes back, I look forward to every single deck fetching Commander T'Pol with Defend Homeworld and Temporal Micro-Wormhole, then handing her a Medical Tricorder. :P

"L'Senior Staff Meeting, c'est moi!"

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:We've done best and worst cards. Now, on to the cards we can't play.

Which card do you want to come off the ban list today, with no further changes?

(No "it just needs one tweak" answers please. :) )
DQSS is no more powerful than any "jumpstart" [WC] or [RC] . It was bad back in the day but not anymore. Especially with the YAAM rule. and War Council errata.

Second choice: I cannot see any reason why Scanner Interference is banned.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
I have to admit, when I saw the subject of the thread, I thought it was going to be about which card absolutely must not be banned.
 -  
Community Contributor
Doesn't Clone Machine's "stackable free play open to nearly any personnel and any deck" absolutely scream abuse to you in the modern meta?

DQSS, same deal: I'm with you right up until "play a card for free" at the end.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:Doesn't Clone Machine's "stackable free play open to nearly any personnel and any deck" absolutely scream abuse to you in the modern meta?

DQSS, same deal: I'm with you right up until "play a card for free" at the end.
Clone Machine is "too" stackable due to the free play.

DQSS........ I retract because I didn't realize that the way this card is worded you can stack it with New Arrivals. It needs to say you can play a personnel for free.

That leaves me back at Scanner Interference LOL

Since Discovery is really just The Michael Burnham[…]

So with the new version of The Final Frontier , i[…]

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]

Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]