This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
So - on the database we see Emblem of the Alliance and 6th Rule of Acquisition card links. Oh, and matching commander stuff, and of course personas.

I'm asking if it's possible to add three new categories of these links.

(1) Romantic partners. Now that there's multiple cards that use romantic linkages, having such links appear would be useful. Oops, didn't realize this was up.

(2) Hirogen Hunt as a parallel to the 6th Rule - so the Hirogens who reference or are referneced by Alpha-Hirogens are easily deployed.

(3) The 'Revised' Voyager crew - it'd be lovely if they had links back and forth between the 'real' and the 'revised'.

I'm not sure what all would be needed to do this, but I'd help cultivate the data if necessary to make it so.
Last edited by jrch5618 on Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Romantic Partners are covered already.

Im surfing on my phone because I am bored in class so cant give technical details... but I belieeeeeeve the principal barrier to the others is the lack of data. If you can cure that, it shouldn't be too tough.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Decaren, Idrin, Karon, Karr, Mellis, Netek

Here is the Hirogen Hunt data - any [Hir] personnel or ship that names one of those six Alpha-Hirogens in lore.

The Alphas:
Decaren - Donik, Gann, Harkan
Idrin - Ranjen
Karon - Vurond
Karr - Davar, Jetarn, Jorik, Takirac, Turanj. Janewayh
Netek - Gann, Konuric, (Ship) Venatic Hunter
(The Alpha-Hirogen Mellis is not named by anyone in lore.)

The Others:
Davar - Karr
Donik - Decaren
Gann - Decaren, Netek
Harkan - Decaren
Janeway - Karr
Jetarn - Karr
Jorik - Karr
Konuric - Netek
Ranjen - Idrin
Takirac - Karr
Turanj - Karr
Vurond - Karon

Ships:
Venatic Hunter - Netek

Of course, the Revised crew should be easy enough - just put it on the Reviseds and the 'real' personas. I hope my Hirogen research helps.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Slayer07 wrote:Personally I'd love to see this for Temporal Benefactor, but I understand that would be very difficult to find.
I actually made a spreadsheet for all temporal benefactors..... took me a long time too! But the attach file feature on CC won't accept excel files......... if someone from CC would like it I can send it to them.........
 -  
Community Contributor
I'd like that.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote:
Slayer07 wrote:Personally I'd love to see this for Temporal Benefactor, but I understand that would be very difficult to find.
I actually made a spreadsheet for all temporal benefactors..... took me a long time too! But the attach file feature on CC won't accept excel files......... if someone from CC would like it I can send it to them.........
Just put it on a Google Docs spreadsheet. I used Google Docs for my errata file for it's easy to access if you make a link to it.
 -  
Community Contributor
I'm looking at this now, and I'm thinking... wouldn't it be easier at this point if we just did a "names / named by in lore" thing that just connects everybody who names everybody else in lore?

Then we wouldn't have to coming up with new ad hoc named-in-lore queries every time Design adds a new mechanic that depends on lore naming.

I'm going to go get THAT spreadsheet started. Excuse me for a minute.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:I'm looking at this now, and I'm thinking... wouldn't it be easier at this point if we just did a "names / named by in lore" thing that just connects everybody who names everybody else in lore?

Then we wouldn't have to coming up with new ad hoc named-in-lore queries every time Design adds a new mechanic that depends on lore naming.

I'm going to go get THAT spreadsheet started. Excuse me for a minute.
Yeah - it'd even cut down on some duplication for... well... like if you look at Rom's page (either one), he shows Leeta twice, once for 6th Rule, once for romantic partner.
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:I'm looking at this now, and I'm thinking... wouldn't it be easier at this point if we just did a "names / named by in lore" thing that just connects everybody who names everybody else in lore?

Honestly, at this point we just need an automated concordance.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:I'd like that.
I PM'ed it to someone who said they would post it on facebook. PM me and I can email you a copy too if you want.
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]