This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Thanks, guys, keep 'em coming!

Those links should both work... except they both appear to be missing a hashtag.

By VioletBlaze (Violet Edgar)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[SD] combo dilemma - More of a suggestion than in issue, these cards all link to the individual dilemmas (except Male's Love Interest, which is unlinked, twice, probably a victim of the Punctuation in Card Name bug) rather than the combos; it might be more helpful to have them point to the latter instead.
[DL] Commander Data My reaction reading this entry. "Commander Data is an android. *clicks link* Commander data... isn't an android??"
Perhaps a parenthetical saying he's not Soong-type, but still an android, just to avoid that moment of confusion for others?
[SD] compatible - first bullet point, "mayreport" is missing a space
[SD] Computer Crash - Borg Queen is unlinked again. I'm going to assume this is the case for all instances, so I may not comment on it again.
[DL] Why can't you respond to activating Computer Crash with a [SD], don't those suspend play? Because the ability is already active by the time it's turned face-up?
 -  
Community Contributor
VioletBlaze wrote:[DL] Why can't you respond to activating Computer Crash with a [DL], don't those suspend play? Because the ability is already active by the time it's turned face-up?
At first blush, it's literally because Decipher said so. Seems to me that suspends-play timing otherwise would allow you to execute a [DL] after activation of Computer Crash is initiated but before it resolves.
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:
VioletBlaze wrote:[DL] Why can't you respond to activating Computer Crash with a [DL], don't those suspend play? Because the ability is already active by the time it's turned face-up?
At first blush, it's literally because Decipher said so. Seems to me that suspends-play timing otherwise would allow you to execute a [DL] after activation of Computer Crash is initiated but before it resolves.
If memory serves, it's because hidden agendas were considered to have always been in play all along or some such business. (a.k.a. "Decipher realized they goofed and handwaved it")
 -  
Community Contributor
AllenGould wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:
If memory serves, it's because hidden agendas were considered to have always been in play all along or some such business. (a.k.a. "Decipher realized they goofed and handwaved it")
The rule is that, once a hidden agenda is activated, its activation is retroactive to the start of the action its activation responds to. Which is, as you say, a big mental headache.

Now that I think about it, this would cover [DL]'s in most contexts. Technically, you could suspend play and do the [DL], but it would be cancelled and undone (as would all its effects) a moment later when CC resolves, so I guess Decipher's ruling here is just a shortcut to the same result.

By 9of24 (Jeremy Huth)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: The rule is that, once a hidden agenda is activated, its activation is retroactive to the start of the action its activation responds to. Which is, as you say, a big mental headache.

Now that I think about it, this would cover [DL]'s in most contexts. Technically, you could suspend play and do the [DL], but it would be cancelled and undone (as would all its effects) a moment later when CC resolves, so I guess Decipher's ruling here is just a shortcut to the same result.
That all tracks provided Computer Crash is being flipped as a response to another action. If it is not being flipped as a response to another action and thus not retroactively applied, one would otherwise be able to perform a special download during its activation, if not for that Decipher fiat.
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
geraldkw wrote:La Forge Maneuver

This should get errata instead of being a glossary entry. "...your next action..."

No one uses it though so maybe don't bother.
What does "expose" mean in that context? Would this be broken if it just decloaked and "may attack" in the same action?

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
geraldkw wrote:La Forge Maneuver

This should get errata instead of being a glossary entry. "...your next action..."

No one uses it though so maybe don't bother.
What does "expose" mean in that context? Would this be broken if it just decloaked and "may attack" in the same action?
Agree, it should just decloak the ship long enough for it to be fired upon.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
In the icon section for enterprise Collection there is an extra ] at the end of this icon:
https://www.trekcc.org/op/1e_rulebook/c ... issary.png]

and extra </i> in the text of RiF icon

an extra </b> in
<span class="show-for-advanced">
<span class="advanced">- ADVANCED RULES</span></b>
<br class="show-for-advanced">Version 2.1.10 &mdash; December 2020
</span>
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related