This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Which special ability, if any, should be on Yarnek?

[SD] Away Teams present on planet may ignore affiliation battle restrictions.
51%
[SD] Two personnel present may mix as if [NA].
46%
Both of the above.
3%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hello First Edition fans! Our personnel special ability voting step did not have a clear, majority winner, and that means it's time for a runoff vote! Just like our mission requirements vote, we're headed for a runoff. The top two choices are presented to you again here:

Option A: [SD] Away Teams present on planet may ignore affiliation battle restrictions.

Option B: [SD] Two personnel present may mix as if [NA].

As promised, you also have the option to choose both of these special skills as a third option in the poll. Here's a mockup of each of the three options, but please note this is not final art! The final version of the mission will look a lot better than this mockup, so don't let it's aesthetics sway you too much:

WotC6-7A-Personnel.jpeg
WotC6-7A-Personnel.jpeg (141.86 KiB) Viewed 566 times

An additional note: either Option A or Option B can expand to the larger template, trading a line of lore for an extra line of skills. It's also possible that Option C could drop to the standard template, but it would leave Yarnek with room for one skill at the most. In short, the final template will depend on the number of skills our personnel ends up with.

Each of you will be able to vote for one of these three options, and you'll have twenty-four (24) hours to do so. You can change your vote at any time before the voting closes. This will be a simple majority vote - whichever set of requirements has the most votes, wins! If either Option A or Option B is tied with the combined option, I will declare the single option the winner. (I believe there must be a clear majority winner for the more complex option.) However, if Options A and B are tied, the winner will be determined randomly.

After you've voted, take a moment to post a reply arguing in favor of your choice - why did you pick the requirements you picked? You just might sway others and help make your choice the deciding choice!

Have fun!

-crp

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
can i ask a dumb question...

what would i ever use option 1 for? Unless I'm playing someone of the same affiliation as me, in a personnel battle deck, and manage to isolate them with Yarnek on a planet, what good is this skill? And HQ:Defensive measures works everywhere, not just on a planet, and on ship battle.

Almost seems like a reason NOT to use him. I don't want my VIP Fed deck with Sarek and Andrea Brand to get stopped with him on a planet for fear my Fed opponent with Worf, Data and a couple phasers is going to swoop in and start killing me next turn.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote:can i ask a dumb question...

what would i ever use option 1 for? Unless I'm playing someone of the same affiliation as me, in a personnel battle deck, and manage to isolate them with Yarnek on a planet, what good is this skill? And HQ:Defensive measures works everywhere, not just on a planet, and on ship battle.

Almost seems like a reason NOT to use him. I don't want my VIP Fed deck with Sarek and Andrea Brand to get stopped with him on a planet for fear my Fed opponent with Worf, Data and a couple phasers is going to swoop in and start killing me next turn.
It is plain a simple a great murder deck tool, that in the right circumstances would be worth breaking engines for
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]