This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote:https://youtu.be/d8NW-gpWVZo

The future is now. Its time the community dumps lackey and embraces its TTS overlord.

Subscribe to my channel people, that's all I ask in return for giving everyone the how to primer (and also so if/when I do more trek videos you'll be notified!)
Can I post this in The TTS Discord Channel?

TK

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
bosskamiura wrote:

The future is now. Its time the community dumps lackey and embraces its TTS overlord.

Subscribe to my channel people, that's all I ask in return for giving everyone the how to primer (and also so if/when I do more trek videos you'll be notified!)

TK

Please do!

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Subscribed and waiting for TTS sale on Steam...
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote:
bosskamiura wrote:

TK

Please do!
Ok.

I posted it in the #New_Player_Resources section and in the #Trek_TTS_Initiative section. If you ever make changes or updates, or even post similar content let me know and we will get it up for you asap.

TK
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023

Do we still want the 1E March errata in Lackey?
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
eberlems wrote:

Do we still want the 1E March errata in Lackey?
Definitely, I think it'll be a while if ever before TTS becomes the standard, so it will need to co-exist with LackeyCCG for a while.
By Latok
 -  
eberlems wrote:what happens in TTS if the internet connection gets interrupted? Can you rejoin and do the cards stay?
Good question. I'm also wondering after watching this video it seems like all of the card images had to be loaded even though you had made the deck prior, is there a way of saving the images like in Lackey?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I can't see Lackey ever being fully replaced. It is free and TTS is not.

Still, this looks cool.
By Latok
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:I can't see Lackey ever being fully replaced. It is free and TTS is not.

Still, this looks cool.
Yeah that's THE sticking point but after finishing watching this video it seems like there's a lot of smaller issues as well. I haven't played with TTS at all previously but some stuff that Hoss-Drone raised in the video or I am curious about are,

1) 'Zones', he mentioned a hand zone in the video, in the current iteration how would you handle doing something like a 2E mission attempt, looking through a crew hidden from the opponent, etc?

2) Board size, it seems unnecessarily large, is it possible to make it smaller or scale the cards up (permanently rather than having to do it every time you load it up)?

3) Without saving (mentioned in the video) I'm curious how you connect with an opponent? Are their servers, is one person hosting, etc?

4) When you load the plugin, does it have to load all of the assets, or can you just have a plain board and then load a deck (saved object). The current board seems to be to visually cluttered considering how much there can be on a table during a trek game?

5) Do the card pools need to be manually updated like in Lackey or is it possible to automate it or 'crowd source' it like on untap.in?

Overall it seems to have potential but considering it does cost money it'd have to be better than Lackey at pretty much everything to see common use.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Latok wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:I can't see Lackey ever being fully replaced. It is free and TTS is not.

Still, this looks cool.
Yeah that's THE sticking point but after finishing watching this video it seems like there's a lot of smaller issues as well. I haven't played with TTS at all previously but some stuff that Hoss-Drone raised in the video or I am curious about are,

1) 'Zones', he mentioned a hand zone in the video, in the current iteration how would you handle doing something like a 2E mission attempt, looking through a crew hidden from the opponent, etc?

2) Board size, it seems unnecessarily large, is it possible to make it smaller or scale the cards up (permanently rather than having to do it every time you load it up)?

3) Without saving (mentioned in the video) I'm curious how you connect with an opponent? Are their servers, is one person hosting, etc?

4) When you load the plugin, does it have to load all of the assets, or can you just have a plain board and then load a deck (saved object). The current board seems to be to visually cluttered considering how much there can be on a table during a trek game?

5) Do the card pools need to be manually updated like in Lackey or is it possible to automate it or 'crowd source' it like on untap.in?

Overall it seems to have potential but considering it does cost money it'd have to be better than Lackey at pretty much everything to see common use.
1. Your hand is always hidden to the opponent so you would just do it like in real life. 1. Flip your hand, set it down. Pull your mission team into your hand. Then do everything normal. Your opponent can still grab cards out of your hand so u can do random selections same as irl.

Watch one of my sw destiny videos to see what it all looks like with an opponent.

2. You can create a new table in the game. I'll do a follow up video and go over some more advanced issues.

3. Player a created a multiplayer table. Player b selects join, then finds it from the populated list, joins. Neither player is hosting but the board only exists while player a is at the table. If player b disconnects, everything stays as is and they can rejoin. There isn't a typical save but there is a save like cheat around. I'll go over this also in b the next vid

4. When you load it loads exactly as it did in b the video. You can alter the board. I'll show how.

5. Card pools can be created by anyone then saved in the saved objects then propagated to anyone. Anyone can save anything on the board.

Trust me guys, tts is worth the 20 bucks and it's def 20 bucks worth of better than lackey. Once you get used to it, you will come to the same conclusion.
Last edited by Hoss-Drone on Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Latok wrote:
eberlems wrote:what happens in TTS if the internet connection gets interrupted? Can you rejoin and do the cards stay?
Good question. I'm also wondering after watching this video it seems like all of the card images had to be loaded even though you had made the deck prior, is there a way of saving the images like in Lackey?
All the card images load as they enter the board or search. The more cards in the batch, the longer it takes. It's no different than lackey loading them.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I've been watching it off-and-on for a while. Frankly I was just waiting for it to "catch on".

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Post all your questions guys and I'll touch each one in my next video which I might get to tonight.

If someone with tts wants to volunteer to be my partner for showing how it works vis a vis an opponent that would be great - add me as a friend on steam
By Latok
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote:
Latok wrote:
All the card images load as they enter the board or search. The more cards in the batch, the longer it takes. It's no different than lackey loading them.
You can save all of the images in Lackey so they only have to load once, was wondering if TTS could do that.
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]