This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By scox (Johan Skoglund)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
geraldkw wrote:
Boffo97 wrote:
Takket wrote:i signed up for steam. never used it before. "subscribed" to STCCG. I can't find any link to download it or anything. Also i can't even find on my account where it says i'm subscribed. i'm baffled by this site lol
You have to buy Tabletop Simulator if you haven't already. Once you've done that, launch it and you should be able to find the ST:CCG stuff.

Basically, what you subscribed to is Workshop content for those who own the game.
If, like me, you are on a budget, Tabletop Simulator is 50% off at nearly every Steam sale and those sales occur about 5 times a year. If you add it to your wishlist on steam it will email you when it goes on sale.

That said, it's a pretty awesome piece of software and well worth the price if you have any interest in playing board or card games in a simulated environment, or prototyping or designing them.
Before deciding to download Steam, find the program, etc, etc - how much does the Tabletop Simulator cost (standard price)?
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
scox wrote: Before deciding to download Steam, find the program, etc, etc - how much does the Tabletop Simulator cost (standard price)?
Looks to be about 20 bucks, and they offer it on a few different platforms:

http://berserk-games.com/buy/

By scox (Johan Skoglund)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
scox wrote: Before deciding to download Steam, find the program, etc, etc - how much does the Tabletop Simulator cost (standard price)?

Great, thanks!

I've looked through the site, but not so easy to find what one is looking for on their site, so maybe I have simply missed it. How would you go about to build a deck, and more importantly save and load different decks into different games? In general I mean, i.e. card games in general, if not implemented or support for the STCCG one yet that's no problem, as this is brand new and in the early development stage of course.

Again I have not yet bought the program, I'm simply trying to figure out if it is worth investing in. :)
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
As others have said, sometimes that $20 price point goes on sale. I think I got mine for $10.

TK

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
scox wrote:
AllenGould wrote:

Great, thanks!

I've looked through the site, but not so easy to find what one is looking for on their site, so maybe I have simply missed it. How would you go about to build a deck, and more importantly save and load different decks into different games? In general I mean, i.e. card games in general, if not implemented or support for the STCCG one yet that's no problem, as this is brand new and in the early development stage of course.

Again I have not yet bought the program, I'm simply trying to figure out if it is worth investing in. :)
The thing about Tabletop Simulator is that it is true to it's name. it's a simulation of a tabletop with game pieces on it, in this case mostly cards. The way you make a deck (right now) is by moving cards around into a deck pile(they'll naturally form a deck which is searchable, can be dealt from, etc...) Then you draw card manually or using the drawing functions, into a hand (area) which is invisble to other players.

You then proceed to move the cards around the same way you would in real life, to play the game. It takes a bit of time to get used to how to do all the things you want to do with the cards but it does have VR(can't speak for how well that works because I don't have VR set).

Here's the interesting part though: scripting of functions is possible, but it takes programming to make it work. The good news is it sounds like the OP has some plans to implement scripting. Others might be able to chip in as well. A really neat function I would like is if you could load a deck from the cc deckbuilder and have it built in TS. I am not sure if that is possible or feasible even if possible. I am a computer programmer and I think based on how TS works(my current understanding) it might be possible but I haven't studied how scripts work on TS, what they have access to, etc, so I don't really know.

Learning to script for TS is on my list of things to get to eventually, but I haven't had time for it yet.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
bosskamiura wrote:As others have said, sometimes that $20 price point goes on sale. I think I got mine for $10.
If anyone notices a $10 (or less) sale please post it here. IMHO once you go sub $10 it is very easy to justify picking it up as you need to play very little to make the purchase "worth it".
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
I'm excited work has finally begun for Trek on TTS...

I wonder if Tribbles might be a good first game to tackle. Small card pool and not very complex.

TK
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
DarkSabre wrote:https://isthereanydeal.com/game/tabletopsimulator/info/

Is There Any Deal is the best place to find it for cheaper. Probably will have to wait till s Spring Sale or a Humble Bundle is they do it
They also occasionally do four-packs; I think that's how I got it. Three friends and I went in and got four (4) copies for $60 (so $15 each).

-crp

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:
DarkSabre wrote:https://isthereanydeal.com/game/tabletopsimulator/info/

Is There Any Deal is the best place to find it for cheaper. Probably will have to wait till s Spring Sale or a Humble Bundle is they do it
They also occasionally do four-packs; I think that's how I got it. Three friends and I went in and got four (4) copies for $60 (so $15 each).

-crp
they do that as well. I think I got it for 7 on sale myself.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:

-crp
I think the 4-for-60 deal is standard (I see it on Steam and GOG right now). I imagine it gets cheaper when the singletons go on sale?

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
https://youtu.be/d8NW-gpWVZo

The future is now. Its time the community dumps lackey and embraces its TTS overlord.

Subscribe to my channel people, that's all I ask in return for giving everyone the how to primer (and also so if/when I do more trek videos you'll be notified!)
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation