This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Marquetry wrote:
HoodieDM wrote:
Let people play the way they want to play. They shouldn't be "forced" to do this or "punished" for playing.

~D
Exactly. I'd like 1E more if I could just play in the DQ, with characters I like from my favorite Trek show, and not get bent over by this obsession with the alpha quadrant.
Yeah a bit of this.

This appears, to me, to be an odd situation.

The game is so fast now that, from my reading of tournament reports, most games are over in 6 or 7 turns MAX. How much interaction between the two players is really happening in that short a period of time? Most, not all, but most decks are speed solvers that try to win as fast as possible with a minimum amount of interaction.

So I'm not sure I agree with the logic behind YAAM at this point in the games lifecycle. A card they is supposed to 'encourage' interaction in a game that is pushing towards players NOT interacting.

Homestead is definitely a good pitch in that direction. It hits a few good marks that I really like. But more is needed.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Se7enofMine wrote:
Marquetry wrote:
HoodieDM wrote:
Let people play the way they want to play. They shouldn't be "forced" to do this or "punished" for playing.

~D
Exactly. I'd like 1E more if I could just play in the DQ, with characters I like from my favorite Trek show, and not get bent over by this obsession with the alpha quadrant.
Yeah a bit of this.

This appears, to me, to be an odd situation.

The game is so fast now that, from my reading of tournament reports, most games are over in 6 or 7 turns MAX. How much interaction between the two players is really happening in that short a period of time? Most, not all, but most decks are speed solvers that try to win as fast as possible with a minimum amount of interaction.

So I'm not sure I agree with the logic behind YAAM at this point in the games lifecycle. A card they is supposed to 'encourage' interaction in a game that is pushing towards players NOT interacting.

Homestead is definitely a good pitch in that direction. It hits a few good marks that I really like. But more is needed.
Any card game has rules that force you to play in a direction and not another, otherwise I could simply upheave the table and declare myself the winner, and it would be a case of let the people play

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Mogor wrote: Any card game has rules that force you to play in a direction and not another, otherwise I could simply upheave the table and declare myself the winner, and it would be a case of let the people play

This seems like somewhat of an over-reaction but sure, let's go with table flipping.

I'd be interested to see how that could be done on Lackey or Tabletop Simulator. There an app for that?

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Se7enofMine wrote:
Mogor wrote: Any card game has rules that force you to play in a direction and not another, otherwise I could simply upheave the table and declare myself the winner, and it would be a case of let the people play

This seems like somewhat of an over-reaction but sure, let's go with table flipping.

I'd be interested to see how that could be done on Lackey or Tabletop Simulator. There an app for that?
Exit the game, table cleared.

This philosophy gets quoted in every ccg when someones favorite flavor gets reigned in abit

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
The ability to flip the table is one of the features of Tabletop Simulator.

Fortunately, so is the ability to undo that action.

By Mogh, Son Of Worf (Meinhard S. Rohr)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Swedish National Champion 2018
I want all my games to be descided through "trial by cognac"

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
Marquetry wrote:
HoodieDM wrote:

~D
To be fair, doesn't Homestead let you do just that?
Should have just been made a rule though. Losing a seed card to a rule that used to be a Referee card kind of stings.

~D
Deck Design Strategy

I agree with @stressedoutatumc . The way I like[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]

The deck qualifies, but the tournament currently[…]

Yes your 5-three cost and 1-five cost were r[…]