This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Which of these icons should appear on Yarnek?

[Cmd]
18%
[Stf]
No votes
0%
None
82%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hello folks and welcome to step 10 of Will of the Collective. We need to pick icons for Yarnek, but since there aren't too many that might fit, we're going to do a combined nomination and voting process. If you're just joining us and want to catch up on the process so far, you can check out this summary article. In the article, you'll see links to all of the previous votes and discussions, as well as what's left to come.

I'd like to apologize for the delay in posting the results from the previous round, and posting these new steps. I was whammied pretty hard with a stomach bug yesterday that derailed most of my plans. I'm feeling much better today, so it's time to get back on track.

In terms of icons, Yarnek is a lock for both the [1E-AU] and the [OS] icons. The poll in this thread is to decide if he should have a standard staffing icon - either a [Cmd] star, a [Stf] star, or neither. But I don't want to preclude any other icons that originate with the community, so you'll also have the opportunity to nominate more icons to be decided in a future vote.

You're able to vote for one of the staff star icons options in this poll, and you can change your vote any time before the poll closes on Saturday, February 23rd. Because there are only three options, there will not be a runoff vote for this poll. The winning option will be the one with the most votes; in the case of a tie, the winner will be determined randomly.

After you've voted, you can nominate up to two (2) other icons that you'd like to see appear on Yarnek. As part of your nomination, make your case as to why he should have the icon and how it would benefit the card both flavorfully and mechanically. I'll go through all the arguments after the poll closes, and any that I or the community finds compelling will be put to a vote.

Happy voting!

-crp

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Sorry to hear you've been unwell MidnightLich, but glad to hear you're feeling better today.

As for other icons, to me there doesn't seem to be any obvious ones, so I'm going to suggest a couple which are admittedly rather "out there" but could be interesting. Both would likely require new rules.

Firstly Infiltration Icon: Planet. Basically does what it says, allows Yarnek to infiltrate any away team on any planet, but only works on planets. So he does his disappearing act amongst the rocks.

Secondly a countdown icon. I don't believe there's any personnel with a countdown icon (that I could think of anyway,) but would allow for him to be a bit more powerful on the power curve as he'd only be around for a while (basically till his experiment is complete.)

They're probably crazy ideas that would never work, but figured there would be no harm in suggesting them. :shifty:

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Clearly Yarnek deserves to have the [OCD] icon. Why? Because he ROCKS! (Not a serious nomination)

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
MattgomeryScott wrote:Sorry to hear you've been unwell MidnightLich, but glad to hear you're feeling better today.

As for other icons, to me there doesn't seem to be any obvious ones, so I'm going to suggest a couple which are admittedly rather "out there" but could be interesting. Both would likely require new rules.

Firstly Infiltration Icon: Planet. Basically does what it says, allows Yarnek to infiltrate any away team on any planet, but only works on planets. So he does his disappearing act amongst the rocks.

Secondly a countdown icon. I don't believe there's any personnel with a countdown icon (that I could think of anyway,) but would allow for him to be a bit more powerful on the power curve as he'd only be around for a while (basically till his experiment is complete.)

They're probably crazy ideas that would never work, but figured there would be no harm in suggesting them. :shifty:

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
You know this would be amazing if done. An 'any infiltrate icon' because then we might actually have the Dominion doing infiltration finally with a Founder who could do that.

It isn't unprecedented because the Founder that was on Earth was mimicking a lot of Starfleet personnel...

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
DarkSabre wrote: You know this would be amazing if done. An 'any infiltrate icon' because then we might actually have the Dominion doing infiltration finally with a Founder who could do that.

It isn't unprecedented because the Founder that was on Earth was mimicking a lot of Starfleet personnel...
Doesn't even need to be an icon. Just a special skill. And maybe another special skill to, once per turn, download an infiltration-related card.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
MattgomeryScott wrote:Sorry to hear you've been unwell MidnightLich, but glad to hear you're feeling better today.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
I like both of these ideas, and they're getting my wheels turning; but, I think new icons (or old icons with new rules) are outside the scope of the project, so I'm going to pass. Thank you, though!

Yarnek will have just the [OS] and [1E-AU] icons.

-crp

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
I like both of these ideas, and they're getting my wheels turning; but, I think new icons (or old icons with new rules) are outside the scope of the project, so I'm going to pass. Thank you, though!

Yarnek will have just the [OS] and [1E-AU] icons.

-crp
I did say they were a little "out there," so I figured they probably wouldn't make it onto the card, but glad they've been useful as some grease for those wheels! :D

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

I guess we should have done "What can we do[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]