This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Mogor wrote:
Marquetry wrote:The 1E Masters is tomorrow, they had 2E today :)
Ahh impatient me
If I win tomorrow, it won't be with Borg....

Michael,
Who does not play Borg in 1e
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Congratulations Brian!

Bugger about my promo entry, but good work out there!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
edgeofhearing wrote:My Prediction: After failing to defend his 2e title, Brian Sykes takes no prisoners and wins the First Edition event.
Wow, Lucas nailed it!

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
jadziadax8 wrote:
edgeofhearing wrote:My Prediction: After failing to defend his 2e title, Brian Sykes takes no prisoners and wins the First Edition event.
Wow, Lucas nailed it!
Very true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Thanks All!

I'll have a lot more to say later but I'll just put this out there:

This was an event that totally lived up to the hype. Outside of a World championship I don't remember the last time I've seen such a deep loaded field. All four of my opponents brought tier one decks and played like tier one players.

I'm not gonna lie: Going 4-0 in this field was really validating. I'm still not sure if I qualify as elite, but I definitely feel I can hold my own.

I also gotta give a shout out to my Buffalo boys Robin and Mark. To go from getting schooled at my Basement Regional to 3-1 top 4 finishes in under 9 months is nothing short of amazing! Mad props to those guys for learning the modern game.

With the move coming up, I'm not sure how active I'll be during Regional season, but if I have to take a hiatus, this was a hell of a high note to go out on.

8)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Armus wrote:I'll double down and pick myself for most improved. I'm as prepared as I can be at this point and I see a lot of ratings points above me, so there's definitely some upside.
1742 (+101)
8)
jadziadax8 wrote: Wow, Lucas Sykes nailed it!
FTFY. :shifty:

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:Thanks All!

This was an event that totally lived up to the hype. Outside of a World championship I don't remember the last time I've seen such a deep loaded field. All four of my opponents brought tier one decks and played like tier one players.

I'm not gonna lie: Going 4-0 in this field was really validating. I'm still not sure if I qualify as elite, but I definitely feel I can hold my own.

I also gotta give a shout out to my Buffalo boys Robin and Mark. To go from getting schooled at my Basement Regional to 3-1 top 4 finishes in under 9 months is nothing short of amazing! Mad props to those guys for learning the modern game.

With the move coming up, I'm not sure how active I'll be during Regional season, but if I have to take a hiatus, this was a hell of a high note to go out on.

8)
Two of the Top 3 (by rating) players in the Sector 001 region (each of whom won a Masters in 2018) went 1-3 yesterday.

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
2E Sector 001 Regional Champion 2023

8)
Congratulations on a great event bhosp and to all the players!

Good luck on the move.

Armus: you know, North American Continentals would be a great way to make a return from that hiatus! :shifty: :wink: :cheersL:
Last edited by The Prefect on Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
The Prefect wrote:

8)
Congratulations on a great event Ben and to all the players!

Good luck on the move.

You know, North American Continentals would be a great way to make a return from that hiatus! :shifty: :wink: :cheersL:
It’s bad for business to look so thirsty, man.

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
2E Sector 001 Regional Champion 2023
bhosp wrote:
The Prefect wrote:

8)
Congratulations on a great event Ben and to all the players!

Good luck on the move.

You know, North American Continentals would be a great way to make a return from that hiatus! :shifty: :wink: :cheersL:
It’s bad for business to look so thirsty, man.
My apologies - just a little well-intended promotion. I'm sorry if it didn't come across in the spirit it was intended.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
The Prefect wrote:
bhosp wrote: It’s bad for business to look so thirsty, man.
My apologies - just a little well-intended promotion. I'm sorry if it didn't come across in the spirit it was intended.
It’s also bad for business to apologize when I’m playing along with your bit.

Come on, man, you’re not the one who’s on Double Secret Nerd Probation.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]