This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Prefect
bhosp wrote:
The Prefect wrote:
bhosp wrote: It’s bad for business to look so thirsty, man.
My apologies - just a little well-intended promotion. I'm sorry if it didn't come across in the spirit it was intended.
It’s also bad for business to apologize when I’m playing along with your bit.

Come on, man, you’re not the one who’s on Double Secret Nerd Probation.
Ah, the dreaded double Cath-22. It's a Catch-44. :wink:

Anyway - congrats on the event. :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
bhosp wrote:
Armus wrote:Thanks All!

I'll have a lot more to say later but I'll just put this out there:

This was an event that totally lived up to the hype. Outside of a World championship I don't remember the last time I've seen such a deep loaded field. All four of my opponents brought tier one decks and played like tier one players.

I'm not gonna lie: Going 4-0 in this field was really validating. I'm still not sure if I qualify as elite, but I definitely feel I can hold my own.

I also gotta give a shout out to my Buffalo boys Robin and Mark. To go from getting schooled at my Basement Regional to 3-1 top 4 finishes in under 9 months is nothing short of amazing! Mad props to those guys for learning the modern game.

With the move coming up, I'm not sure how active I'll be during Regional season, but if I have to take a hiatus, this was a hell of a high note to go out on.

8)
Two of the Top 3 (by rating) players in the Sector 001 region (each of whom won a Masters in 2018) went 1-3 yesterday.
Not only that, the top 4 finishers all hailed from the Romulus Region.

It was a Romulan Invasion!!!!

[Rom] [Rom] [Rom] [Rom]

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
The Prefect wrote:

This was an event that totally lived up to the hype. Outside of a World championship I don't remember the last time I've seen such a deep loaded field. All four of my opponents brought tier one decks and played like tier one players.

I'm not gonna lie: Going 4-0 in this field was really validating. I'm still not sure if I qualify as elite, but I definitely feel I can hold my own.

I also gotta give a shout out to my Buffalo boys Robin and Mark. To go from getting schooled at my Basement Regional to 3-1 top 4 finishes in under 9 months is nothing short of amazing! Mad props to those guys for learning the modern game.

With the move coming up, I'm not sure how active I'll be during Regional season, but if I have to take a hiatus, this was a hell of a high note to go out on.

8)
Congratulations on a great event bhosp and to all the players!

Good luck on the move.

Armus: you know, North American Continentals would be a great way to make a return from that hiatus! :shifty: :wink: :cheersL:
I'd like to go to Continentals, but there's a lot up in the air, so who knows.

Here's what I do know: By beating Austin and winning out, not only did I win the first Masters title of 2019, but I also won da Belt. That thing is shiny and blinged out....

And it deserves to be seen, not stuffed on a shelf in an apartment.

I know what's good for business. I got the title, and the play mat, and nobody is taking those away from me.

PICTURE
63959.jpeg
63959.jpeg (155.27 KiB) Viewed 814 times

But I'm vacating da Belt for the good of the game. I've given it to Robin for safekeeping and I'm putting it on the line in Atlanta whether I'm there or not.

PICTURE
63957.jpeg
63957.jpeg (102.67 KiB) Viewed 814 times

That's right, in case you needed more reason to attend, the North American Continental Champion will also become the new holder of da Belt!

If that doesn't get you scrambling to book fights and build top decks I don't know what will.

Go get that gold! 8)

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Armus wrote:
bhosp wrote:

8)
Two of the Top 3 (by rating) players in the Sector 001 region (each of whom won a Masters in 2018) went 1-3 yesterday.

[Rom] [Rom] [Rom] [Rom]

I guess that means I’m officially a sector 001 player now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
bhosp wrote:

8)

[Rom] [Rom] [Rom] [Rom]
Yes Sector 001 went from winning 2 Masters titles in 2018 to the pathetic display yesterday. Shameful Ludus.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
DarkSabre wrote:
Armus wrote:
bhosp wrote: Two of the Top 3 (by rating) players in the Sector 001 region (each of whom won a Masters in 2018) went 1-3 yesterday.

[Rom] [Rom] [Rom] [Rom]

I guess that means I’m officially a sector 001 player now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True. We need Lobban to Tuvix together the two Austins Chandler.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
The Prefect wrote:

8)
Congratulations on a great event bhosp and to all the players!

Good luck on the move.

Armus: you know, North American Continentals would be a great way to make a return from that hiatus! :shifty: :wink: :cheersL:
I'd like to go to Continentals, but there's a lot up in the air, so who knows.

Here's what I do know: By beating Austin and winning out, not only did I win the first Masters title of 2019, but I also won da Belt. That thing is shiny and blinged out....

And it deserves to be seen, not stuffed on a shelf in an apartment.

I know what's good for business. I got the title, and the play mat, and nobody is taking those away from me.
But I'm vacating da Belt for the good of the game. I've given it to Robin for safekeeping and I'm putting it on the line in Atlanta whether I'm there or not.

That's right, in case you needed more reason to attend, the North American Continental Champion will also become the new holder of da Belt!

If that doesn't get you scrambling to book fights and build top decks I don't know what will.

Go get that gold! 8)
I was going to suggest you throw together a basement tournament next weekend and job the belt to Phil or me but that works too.
Chief Ambassador
By robin1234 (Robin Honeycutt )
 - Chief Ambassador
 -  
Contender
1E Romulus Regional Champion 2024
I will be going To a couple tournaments In Brooklyn and Michigan and I will be hosting at least 2 more tournaments in Buffalo before continentals and I will be bringing the bell with me to show off what the top prize is,hopefully to get more players to come down

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
robin1234 wrote:I will be going To a couple tournaments In Brooklyn and Michigan and I will be hosting at least 2 more tournaments in Buffalo before continentals and I will be bringing the bell with me to show off what the top prize is,hopefully to get more players to come down
Yes, Robin, go out into the world and spread the 1e Gospel.

I knew I could trust you with the responsibility of da belt. 8)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
bhosp wrote:I actually finally looked at Brian’s decklist.

You owe me $1 for the Bluegill Silik thing.
Did you think I was kidding when I said I used HospTech?

Damn shame I didn't get a shot at a Raptor deck. That would have been fun.

Bluegill Silik, Bluegill Sarin, and Bluegill Jonathan Archer beating up MVBs Vulcans after my HQ: Defensive Measures ticked down was a nice consolation prize though. :shifty:

Just take that $1 Royalty out of whatever Brexit Bux I won. :wink:

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
bhosp wrote:I actually finally looked at Brian’s decklist.

You owe me $1 for the Bluegill Silik thing.
Did you think I was kidding when I said I used HospTech?

Damn shame I didn't get a shot at a Raptor deck. That would have been fun.

Bluegill Silik, Bluegill Sarin, and Bluegill Jonathan Archer beating up MVBs Vulcans after my HQ: Defensive Measures ticked down was a nice consolation prize though. :shifty:

Just take that $1 Royalty out of whatever Brexit Bux I won. :wink:
I got to commandeer a Raptor.

Kazon is actually a good counter to drones.
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]