This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
What's the most underrated dilemma? It isn't necessarily the best dilemma in the game, but it's better than people give it credit for.

I'm sure everyone has at least one of these dilemmas, where it's widely considered underpowered / binder fodder but you sneak it into quite a few of your decks to good effect.
 -  
Community Contributor
Well, for a similar effect, you can always use Coordinated Countera--

*aide whispers in ear*

Oh. Uh... never mind.
 -  
Community Contributor
Mine is... oh, wait, better hold onto this info until after my tourney this weekend. [Pun]
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
In 2E I always say Contaminating a Culture. The risk/reward ratio is low. I only have to track if someone played an equipment. This led me to seeing if it got converted...

Hmmmmm, I can't decide if I like this conversion or not. It certainly follows the story, but I dunno. Could you follow it up with Common Thief?

By Mogh, Son Of Worf (Meinhard S. Rohr)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Swedish National Champion 2018
jadziadax8 wrote: Could you follow it up with Common Thief?
You could, but you waste two seed cards for maybe costing an opponent 7 points or to kill one personnel.
BCSWowbagger wrote:Well, for a similar effect, you can always use Coordinated Countera--
Aaaah ... stop! I fell in love with that card back when Borg where more popular. So many beautiful cards gone ...

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:In 2E I always say Contaminating a Culture. The risk/reward ratio is low. I only have to track if someone played an equipment. This led me to seeing if it got converted...

Hmmmmm, I can't decide if I like this conversion or not. It certainly follows the story, but I dunno. Could you follow it up with Common Thief?
Easier to run disruptor overload along with a wall of sometype after it

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
always liked alien parasites. this is an easy way to steal a mission or set up all sort of shenanigans where you strand people you want to slaughter on a planet or run a ship out of range in front of your armada (or a self controlled ship) or just drop an auto destruct on it if you want it gone....

and then it gets reseeded!!!!!!!
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Prophet
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Qs vicious animal things

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
LORE wrote:Qs vicious animal things
Really? Interesting.

Even before Civil War Tent, there's enough dilemmas out there that require something >24 that lowballing a mission has been a really bad idea. Unless you have people power crewing up in Minnesota I just don't see this hitting enough to be worth the seed slot.

Am I missing something? Maybe I'm guilty of underrating this card...
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Prophet
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Armus wrote:
LORE wrote:Qs vicious animal things
Really? Interesting.

Even before Civil War Tent, there's enough dilemmas out there that require something >24 that lowballing a mission has been a really bad idea. Unless you have people power crewing up in Minnesota I just don't see this hitting enough to be worth the seed slot.

Am I missing something? Maybe I'm guilty of underrating this card...
Grab 8 random people. Add up their strength. Odds are good it's over 55.

Stopped personnel can cure. That's the tiny det[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]