This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Spectre9 wrote:
Where are the largest STCCG communities?

I would assume somewhere in continental Northern America.

There are a lot of local game stores that already have the equipment to record and stream games of Magic the Gathering (sorry if a dirty word in these parts). Perhaps it is possible
to borrow some equipment that has already been set up.
Would said calibration be influenced by the lighting on-site, or are strong lights part of the equipment? "Borrowing" the site along with the equipment may yield the best results.
The worst part of trying to video card gaming always will be glare off the sleeves preventing the cards being seen clearly. If equipment has already been calibrated for this then it goes a long way towards getting some video content.
Of course, there are matte sleeves now. Would they help?
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Suden Kapala wrote:
The worst part of trying to video card gaming always will be glare off the sleeves preventing the cards being seen clearly. If equipment has already been calibrated for this then it goes a long way towards getting some video content.
Of course, there are matte sleeves now. Would they help?
As I understand it, it's more a matter of where the lights are in relation to the camera. If you're in a retail space with big florescents overhead, the light comes down, bounces off the card and straight up to into the lens, and there's your glare. You want your lights more to the side, and I *think* more diffuse so there's no "hot spots"? (It has been *many* years since I've been in a situation where I've had the luxury of worrying about such details).

Realistically, if I was going to do a how-to gameplay video, I'd go use Lackey or Tabletop Simulator. (And you can still PIP the heads in with actual cameras). But getting good video of cards is a tricksy game - just look at how much trouble Dan has just showing a single card to the camera!)

By Borg King
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:I'm working on some things and I'd like to do a quick straw poll: which of the following ideas interest you? Which one interests you the most?

1E Academy: A series of posts/articles/videos/live streams in which members of the community teach fundamentals of 1E.
I think that this would be great for both new and experienced players, although the other suggestions are pretty fun!

:borg:

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Suden Kapala wrote: Would said calibration be influenced by the lighting on-site, or are strong lights part of the equipment? "Borrowing" the site along with the equipment may yield the best results.
Yeah absolutely on site. Transporting a camera frame would be tricky

Always possible to bodge something together in this day and age like a gopro on a broomstick :P
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]