This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
I'm working on some things and I'd like to do a quick straw poll: which of the following ideas interest you? Which one interests you the most?

Thanks!

-crp

1E Community Picks a Project: Given a list of potential boutique projects, the community votes on which one will go into production.

1E Community Suggests Promos: Through some sort of structured vote or nomination process, the community gets to vote on which cards go into a new tournament series.

1E Community Picks Promos: As above, except the community also gets to pick the source for any alternate images or stories for those promos.

1E Academy: A series of posts/articles/videos/live streams in which members of the community teach fundamentals of 1E.

1E Design Master Class: A limited series of posts/articles/videos/live streams in which the fundamentals of 1E design are taught to interested participants.

Make it So: A reality-show style competition where contestants compete in design challenges, and the top 1/2/3/X of them graduate to joining the design team.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
What I'd personally like to see most: Make It So.

I adore MiS, and there are plenty of MiS cards from the last competition (~5 years ago now??) that I'd still like to see made into cards today. Whenever I think, "Oh, Delta Klingons need some help," I go back and look at the two MiS teams that worked on Delta Klingons. (It was Challenge #7, and the Klingon teams were comicbookhero, KazonPADD, and Jono vs. Zef'no, Chewie, and karonofborg13.)

And surely anyone who works on a potential future All Good Things expansion should take a look at the work done on AGT back in MiS as well. And there's other great one-offs in there, too. I wish I had at least glanced at the Final Challenge work by Team Defiant again before starting work on Project Delenn, but I'd forgotten it existed.

And it really did give us the next generation of designers. Unless I'm mistaken, everyone who participated in the entirety of Make It So 2013 has since been offered a spot on at least one Design team, and most have taken it. What would the game be like today if James Monsebroten hadn't been part of Crossover, if Paddy Tye hadn't been on Broken Bow and Star Trek 50, if Michael Moskop hadn't helped shape The Terran Empire?

TLDR: I love Make It So.

What would actually be best for the game: 1E Academy. Hands down, this is a longstanding need we've never fulfilled despite many failed attempts. The closest thing we have to a "how to play video" is still an unofficial collection of powerpoints hosted off-site from 2011 that predate OTF. We have a new rulebook now, which is huge, but tutorials are still hugely lacking, and we need something from the current decade to fill that gap.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Make It So was fun last time around, and I think we got some good designers out of it as well.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E Community Picks a Project: Given a list of potential boutique projects, the community votes on which one will go into production.

Make it So: A reality-show style competition where contestants compete in design challenges, and the top 1/2/3/X of them graduate to joining the design team.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
1E Academy - definitely what we SHOULD be doing.

Make It So is a great, high profile way of drumming up interest in 1E and would give regular updates for Social Media, etc.

Those would be my picks.
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]