This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Somehow, this card has been out for three years and nobody has tried to build a deck with all the cards from "The Magnificent Ferengi."
That doesn't surprise me.
  • It costs a seed slot OR a card draw and play
  • It's onerous to set up for minimal rewards (you have to either contrive for your deck to capture its own personnel OR be lucky enough to face a capture deck AND wait for them to get around to capturing you), in exchange for a once-per-turn download (most of which eat up your "once-per-turn" personnel download limit)
  • It's even MORE onerous to set up for slightly less minimal rewards (having set up the previous capture, you then have to have your captured personnel taken captive at or relocated to a non-Alpha quadrant location and then rescue them), for a reward of......10 non-mission bonus points.
Story-based cards that don't either help you to victory or directly interfere with your opponent's victory are worthless in an environment where games are over in 6 or 7 turns.

And that will always be true, until "free report" nonsense is finally abolished.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
frakkingoff wrote:Story-based cards that don't either help you to victory or directly interfere with your opponent's victory are worthless in an environment where games are over in 6 or 7 turns.
True, but usually somebody's willing to blow a tournament in order to play a silly deck.

Obviously, I agree pretty strongly overall that the game needs to somehow add more turns without getting any longer (in terms of minutes). I'm still surprised nobody has kamikaze'd this particular deck type.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
What the deck needs is something like "Jabba's Prize" for SWCCG or Prisoner Archer/Operate Dilithium Gulag: a card that starts a captive for you to work with.

I have minimal interest in ever building a Ferengi deck - but being able to theme a whole deck around rescuing Moogie would probably change that...

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.